Hey it's Mondayyyyy!!??

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By nail1080

I know it's tradition and all but is there any reason other than that that Ryan and the guys 'pretend' it's Tuesday during the podcasts? They're just confusing people who don't get it and their confusing themselves at this stage. Is it time to admit that 'it's MONDAY January 14th....' etc?? What do you think? Why the big cover up?

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Ravenlight

Because ILM happens on Monday and the Bombcast happens on Tuesday. It's an immutable law of nature.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Justin258

It doesn't sound right if he doesn't say "IT'S TTTTTUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSDDDDDDDDDDAAAAYYYY And you're listening to the Giant Bombcast. I'm your host, Ryan Davis..."

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By toowalrus

Stop breaking the illusion!

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Tylea002

They actually did it on Tuesdays when the catchphrase started.

Sometimes they even do it on Tuesdays now.

Also, illusions are fun.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Winternet

AAHHHHH I'm not listening, I'm not listening AAAAHHHHH

Ducksworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ducksworth

Wait...it's not actually recorded on Tuesdays?

Everything I thought to be true is shattering before me.

Avatar image for deactivated-59123fe38ab28
deactivated-59123fe38ab28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

He records on Monday so he has a full day to edit and can get the podcast out on time

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By nail1080

@Tylea002 said:

Also, illusions are fun.

Yes I am aware of them first starting on Tuesdays, as I said it''s 'tradition'. But from the sounds of it they haven't done it on a Tuesday in a while....so why the lies???? Whyyyyy??? Maybe they're scared they'll lose listeners by changing the dates around? I don't know there seems to be this pseudo fanbase of GB guys who only listen to the podcast but don't go on the site. Do these people actually exist? And if so is it a significant percentage of the bombcast audience

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Ben_H

It's just like on the Persona 4 Endurance Run. Except for there they used it as a joke because they always lost track of what day they were recording.

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By Tylea002

@nail1080 said:

@Tylea002 said:

Also, illusions are fun.

Yes I am aware of them first starting on Tuesdays, as I said it''s 'tradition'. But from the sounds of it they haven't done it on a Tuesday in a while....so why the lies???? Whyyyyy??? Maybe they're scared they'll lose listeners by changing the dates around? I don't know there seems to be this pseudo fanbase of GB guys who only listen to the podcast but don't go on the site. Do these people actually exist? And if so is it a significant percentage of the bombcast audience

If they stopped, people would be annoyed. It's a catchphrase, said by the same person in the same style every week. It's simply good brand management, even though everyone knows it's likely lies, but it's recognisable. No one's going to stop listening if they stop saying it, but having an instantly recognisable intro, with the same cadence of phrase, is important in producing audio work.

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By nail1080

@Tylea002 said:

@nail1080 said:

@Tylea002 said:

Also, illusions are fun.

If they stopped, people would be annoyed. It's a catchphrase, said by the same person in the same style every week. It's simply good brand management, even though everyone knows it's likely lies, but it's recognisable. No one's going to stop listening if they stop saying it, but having an instantly recognisable intro, with the same cadence of phrase, is important in producing audio work.

Good point, although would the changing of one word really take away from everything else? I don't think so

TheJasonSigler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By TheJasonSigler

ALL LATE NIGHT SHOWS TAPE IN THE AFTERNOON

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#14  Edited By ThePickle

Comedy Bang Bang episodes are taped a year in advance, I'm fine with a day.

LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By LikeaSsur

"Hey everyone, it's Tuuuuuuueeeeeesssdaaaaaay" just sounds a lot better than "Hey everyone, it's Moooooooooonnnnnnnnndaaaaaaaayyyyy."

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By alternate

I don't think it confuses anyone. Like when Letterman tapes at 6pm. They pretend it is late yet do numerous outside bits assuming the audience are not all sitting there perplexed "the fuck, it is still light in New York?"

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You're lying!

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By ajamafalous

TUESDAY TUESDAY TUESDAY TUESDAY TUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUESDAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

AND THE REST OF THE WEEK

Avatar image for counterclockwork87
Counterclockwork87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, the podcast comes out on Tuesday...that's when you're listening to it, I think it's more confusing if he says, "It's Mondaaay!" and you're listening to a new podcast on a Tuesday...

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By Milkman

What the hell are you people talking about?

The podcast comes out on Tuesday so they say "it's Tuesday", like every other podcast ever. This isn't that hard to understand.