#1 Posted by nail1080 (1975 posts) -

I know it's tradition and all but is there any reason other than that that Ryan and the guys 'pretend' it's Tuesday during the podcasts? They're just confusing people who don't get it and their confusing themselves at this stage. Is it time to admit that 'it's MONDAY January 14th....' etc?? What do you think? Why the big cover up?

#2 Posted by Ravenlight (8011 posts) -

Because ILM happens on Monday and the Bombcast happens on Tuesday. It's an immutable law of nature.

#3 Posted by believer258 (12215 posts) -

It doesn't sound right if he doesn't say "IT'S TTTTTUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSDDDDDDDDDDAAAAYYYY And you're listening to the Giant Bombcast. I'm your host, Ryan Davis..."

#4 Posted by TooWalrus (13258 posts) -

Stop breaking the illusion!

#5 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

They actually did it on Tuesdays when the catchphrase started.

Sometimes they even do it on Tuesdays now.

Also, illusions are fun.

#6 Posted by Winternet (8060 posts) -

AAHHHHH I'm not listening, I'm not listening AAAAHHHHH

#7 Posted by Ducksworth (662 posts) -

Wait...it's not actually recorded on Tuesdays?

Everything I thought to be true is shattering before me.

#8 Posted by chrismafuchris (1080 posts) -

He records on Monday so he has a full day to edit and can get the podcast out on time

#9 Posted by nail1080 (1975 posts) -

@Tylea002 said:

They actually did it on Tuesdays when the catchphrase started.

Sometimes they even do it on Tuesdays now.

Also, illusions are fun.

Yes I am aware of them first starting on Tuesdays, as I said it''s 'tradition'. But from the sounds of it they haven't done it on a Tuesday in a while....so why the lies???? Whyyyyy??? Maybe they're scared they'll lose listeners by changing the dates around? I don't know there seems to be this pseudo fanbase of GB guys who only listen to the podcast but don't go on the site. Do these people actually exist? And if so is it a significant percentage of the bombcast audience

#10 Posted by Ben_H (3444 posts) -

It's just like on the Persona 4 Endurance Run. Except for there they used it as a joke because they always lost track of what day they were recording.

#11 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

@nail1080 said:

@Tylea002 said:

They actually did it on Tuesdays when the catchphrase started.

Sometimes they even do it on Tuesdays now.

Also, illusions are fun.

Yes I am aware of them first starting on Tuesdays, as I said it''s 'tradition'. But from the sounds of it they haven't done it on a Tuesday in a while....so why the lies???? Whyyyyy??? Maybe they're scared they'll lose listeners by changing the dates around? I don't know there seems to be this pseudo fanbase of GB guys who only listen to the podcast but don't go on the site. Do these people actually exist? And if so is it a significant percentage of the bombcast audience

If they stopped, people would be annoyed. It's a catchphrase, said by the same person in the same style every week. It's simply good brand management, even though everyone knows it's likely lies, but it's recognisable. No one's going to stop listening if they stop saying it, but having an instantly recognisable intro, with the same cadence of phrase, is important in producing audio work.

#12 Posted by nail1080 (1975 posts) -

@Tylea002 said:

@nail1080 said:

@Tylea002 said:

They actually did it on Tuesdays when the catchphrase started.

Sometimes they even do it on Tuesdays now.

Also, illusions are fun.

Yes I am aware of them first starting on Tuesdays, as I said it''s 'tradition'. But from the sounds of it they haven't done it on a Tuesday in a while....so why the lies???? Whyyyyy??? Maybe they're scared they'll lose listeners by changing the dates around? I don't know there seems to be this pseudo fanbase of GB guys who only listen to the podcast but don't go on the site. Do these people actually exist? And if so is it a significant percentage of the bombcast audience

If they stopped, people would be annoyed. It's a catchphrase, said by the same person in the same style every week. It's simply good brand management, even though everyone knows it's likely lies, but it's recognisable. No one's going to stop listening if they stop saying it, but having an instantly recognisable intro, with the same cadence of phrase, is important in producing audio work.

Good point, although would the changing of one word really take away from everything else? I don't think so

#13 Posted by Jason_E_Sigler (122 posts) -

ALL LATE NIGHT SHOWS TAPE IN THE AFTERNOON

#14 Posted by ThePickle (4170 posts) -

Comedy Bang Bang episodes are taped a year in advance, I'm fine with a day.

#15 Posted by LikeaSsur (1593 posts) -

"Hey everyone, it's Tuuuuuuueeeeeesssdaaaaaay" just sounds a lot better than "Hey everyone, it's Moooooooooonnnnnnnnndaaaaaaaayyyyy."

#16 Posted by alternate (2720 posts) -

I don't think it confuses anyone. Like when Letterman tapes at 6pm. They pretend it is late yet do numerous outside bits assuming the audience are not all sitting there perplexed "the fuck, it is still light in New York?"

#17 Posted by ToTheNines (843 posts) -

You're lying!

#18 Posted by ajamafalous (12166 posts) -

TUESDAY TUESDAY TUESDAY TUESDAY TUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUESDAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
 
AND THE REST OF THE WEEK

#19 Posted by Counterclockwork87 (745 posts) -

Also, the podcast comes out on Tuesday...that's when you're listening to it, I think it's more confusing if he says, "It's Mondaaay!" and you're listening to a new podcast on a Tuesday...

#20 Posted by Milkman (17351 posts) -

What the hell are you people talking about?

The podcast comes out on Tuesday so they say "it's Tuesday", like every other podcast ever. This isn't that hard to understand.