• 91 results
#1 Posted by AuthenticM (3700 posts) -

What are your thoughts on it ? I know some people are averse to change, especially after having the same theme song for several years. I think with this new one we've had four theme songs ? Anyways, I love it. I think it's the best one so far and I hope the gang keeps it for a while.

#2 Posted by Little_Socrates (5675 posts) -

It's still good, but it's my least favorite version of the song by lots. Favorite is still Version 3 or the holiday version. I liked the light jazz version from the 2012 GOTY casts a lot, too.

#3 Posted by BlastProcessing (912 posts) -

My favorite one yet. Cool stuff.

#4 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

@AuthenticM said:

especially after having the same theme song for several years

I don't think the previous one lasted that long, did it?

I prefer this theme more than the last for sure. Still doesn't beat season 2's for me:

#5 Posted by themangalist (1728 posts) -

Oh my god these just get better and better. I would say the rock versions were pretty weak.

#6 Posted by Counterclockwork87 (613 posts) -

I think the second theme they did was my favorite, its so boisterous and "hoppy." It also sounds very similar to the first theme they used.

#7 Posted by mlarrabee (2889 posts) -

Season 2 all the way. When I think "Bombcast" I think of those grinding synths and that smashing snare.

Season 1's still holds a special place in my heart, but nothing before or since has touched the Season 2 theme.

I'd say: Season 2, Season 1, Season 4, Season 3.

#8 Posted by PillClinton (3290 posts) -

@Little_Socrates said:

I liked the light jazz version from the 2012 GOTY casts a lot, too.

Yup, that's my favorite so far. New one's pretty good though.

#9 Edited by Hunter5024 (5555 posts) -

I really like that they changed it, and I think it's the most unique, but it's easily my least favorite so far. I liked the old funkadelic version best.

Edit: By the way are there mp3s of these available anywhere? I've always wanted one but never been sure where to look.

#10 Posted by FLStyle (4595 posts) -

I like them all, I associate the bombcast intro with the tune itself rather than the sounds.

#11 Posted by Getz (2989 posts) -

I like the previous one more, but really I don't care much about what plays before the podcast. I'm gonna hear it constantly and get sick of it no matter what.

#12 Posted by Phatmac (5723 posts) -

It's awesome.

#13 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

They need to replace it with Rap Man and dat Hunka Dunk.

#14 Posted by TooWalrus (13139 posts) -

On topic though, I really like the new theme, I'm glad they kept the bed beat.

#15 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3758 posts) -

Jazz version from the GOTY 2012 is the best version there is.

#16 Posted by dungbootle (2457 posts) -

It's fuckin neato

#17 Posted by AjayRaz (12418 posts) -

i'm not a big fan of this rendition. i prefer the last one they used over this one. i thought it had a more relaxing feel to it.

jazz one from GOTY 2012 is the bomb though. the giant bomb.

#18 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Creepy holiday version is still my favorite.

#19 Posted by Musou (380 posts) -

Season 2 and 3 are my favorites, but I kinda dig the new one as well

#20 Posted by moffattron9000 (351 posts) -

Still think the Ska one from PAX East last year was the best. That being said, I could see the new one in a rave with a Dubstep remix.

#21 Posted by 49th (2697 posts) -

previous one is my favourite :(

#22 Posted by Spoonman671 (4565 posts) -

New one is definitely my least favorite. I liked Season 2 the best.

#23 Posted by coakroach (2488 posts) -

It's awesome.

#24 Posted by Fobwashed (1916 posts) -

Does anyone know who is the person responsible for doing the GB themes and other music?

#25 Posted by Slag (4075 posts) -

They can't all be winners. It's ok

sounds like a perhaps failed attempt to give the bombcast a bit of a Hotline: Miami - ish sound

#26 Posted by HatKing (5838 posts) -

It's fine. Not bad. My problem is just that it comes off a bit generic video game podcast, to me anyway. The other themes were more unique, especially the brassy, cop show themed one. But, I welcome the change of pace. Time for a new podcast icon though.

#27 Posted by HerbieBug (4212 posts) -

i like.

#28 Posted by Qlanth (125 posts) -

I really like how dirty this one gets. Fucking love it

#29 Posted by mrfluke (5102 posts) -

eh, the jazzy bit from the goty podcasts were the best, but between the new one and the last one, i prefer the last one

this new one just seems out there in kinda a generic way.

#30 Posted by Beforet (2912 posts) -

This new theme is amazing and that is my reality!

#31 Posted by Milkman (16541 posts) -

It's awesome. Probably my favorite one.

#32 Posted by evanbower (1210 posts) -

Definitely my favourite one... and I think the one that best represents what the site is like.

#33 Edited by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

I'm not a fan, at all. I mean, it's alright, but it's completely lost any of the ability to get you pumped up, which was the focus of the previous ones it felt like, and this just feels like a remix.

The best one by a mile was that Ska band, they should have recorded that, and then the first one with the AWESOME BASSLINE comes second for me.

#34 Posted by mordukai (7141 posts) -

@Little_Socrates said:

It's still good, but it's my least favorite version of the song by lots. Favorite is still Version 3 or the holiday version. I liked the light jazz version from the 2012 GOTY casts a lot, too.

I agree. Made me want to wear a tuxedo and drink scotch.

#35 Posted by captain_clayman (3319 posts) -

@ArtisanBreads said:

Jazz version from the GOTY 2012 is the best version there is.

Yeah I'd be down to have the jazz version being the official theme. I remember the old 8-bit sounding one from a few years back, when the album art was still the rainbow and cartoons...I liked that one.

#36 Edited by BaconGames (3312 posts) -

The front end of this new one just sounds too generic to me so I'm pretty meh on it. The back end is better but overall, the jazzy theme is miles ahead of this one. Kinda wish they had reversed it and blown our minds with the jazzy tune for the year. Ah well, can't win 'em all I guess. Maybe it'll grow on me, who knows.

#37 Posted by Humanity (8865 posts) -

At first I was like "ehhh, but then I was like OH YAH!" that pretty much sums it up for me.

#38 Posted by Genkkaku (734 posts) -

I look forward to the new theme every year.. Season 2 is still my favorite though, so many memories..

#39 Edited by dr_mantas (1804 posts) -

I like the end of it. But it's good they keep changing, that means it can always be something else, something fresh.

And you know what era of Bombcast you're listening to.

Next up - A capella bombcast intro.

#40 Posted by living4theday258 (678 posts) -

since I never heard the season 1 or 2 songs I have to say i liked season 3 better than 4.

#41 Posted by JackSukeru (5906 posts) -

I wasn't sure after the last few if I was up for another remix, but I totally dig this one.

On its own it's not very special, I think, but as a remix to something I recognize I really like it.

#42 Edited by Shortbreadtom (688 posts) -

@McGhee: I think you mean the Rap Man's "Bitch Get Hunked".

https://soundcloud.com/jeff-gerstmann/the-rap-man-bitch-get-hunked

#43 Posted by Capt_Ventris (590 posts) -

I love the new one. Feels like I should be wearing the "China Don't Care" or "Fuck Ryan Davis" shirt when it plays

#44 Posted by g6065 (271 posts) -

@Fobwashed said:

Does anyone know who is the person responsible for doing the GB themes and other music?

My thoughts exactly. Is it an original piece or based on something?

#45 Posted by MaFoLu (1858 posts) -

I don't know if a full version of the new theme has been put up somewhere yet, but if it hasn't, HERE's a version I hastily put together from the previous podcast if anyone wants to download it.

#46 Posted by ShaggE (6348 posts) -

Not my favorite, but I like it. I won't be fully satisfied until Ryan hambones the theme.

#47 Posted by blueinferno (442 posts) -

I FUCKING LOVE IT

#48 Posted by blueinferno (442 posts) -

@MaFoLu said:

I don't know if a full version of the new theme has been put up somewhere yet, but if it hasn't, HERE's a version I hastily put together from the previous podcast if anyone wants to download it.

Thanks man.

#49 Edited by Nights (607 posts) -

Amazing, so much better than the previous one (which was my least favorite out of all of the themes). When I heard it last week, I thought it was a one-off. Happy to see that it's here to stay.

#50 Edited by GunstarRed (5045 posts) -

It's fine, but it has never been better than the second version.