• 66 results
#51 Edited by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

I've heard through the grapevine that many people don't like the site as much when a certain person got hired a few years back, and avoided the site after a few months after that person got into the content.

I'm fine with it though. I just don't view that content.

#52 Posted by matti00 (668 posts) -

What website? What's a Giant bomb?

#53 Edited by AMyggen (2545 posts) -

I've heard through the grapevine that many people don't like the site as much when a certain person got hired a few years back, and avoided the site after a few months after that person got into the content.

I'm fine with it though. I just don't view that content.

Lol, you'll bring up Patrick every chance you get, won't you? As a fellow Norwegian, I am dissapointed in you!

As for how many people listen weekly to the podcast, there's no way for us to know. Wikipedia says that "over 100.000 people" listen to it each week, but that's as of 2010. The website has grown a LOT since then, but there's no way for us to know without GB actually telling us. Jeff has said that the podcast is by FAR the most popular content GB produces.

#54 Posted by jimmyfenix (3829 posts) -

@nekroskop: I admit i used to have a problem with "said" person but over time Cool Baby has really become my number 1 source of hot gaming news.

#55 Posted by Fattony12000 (7053 posts) -
#56 Posted by Cramsy (1164 posts) -

I listened to the podcast for a good year before actually visiting the site.

Look at me now.

#57 Posted by DizzyMedal (399 posts) -

@ch3burashka said:

@beachthunder said:

Well, those people aren't going to respond to this thread, are they...

Yeah, I was gonna say...

Ha.

If a tree falls in the woods, does it make a sound?

Yes, it does.

#58 Posted by crithon (3081 posts) -

there are RSS readers to just get you the podcast and completely avoid Giantbomb altogether.... and no I'd never do that, I love this site. I could just delve into making a Wiki about Wipeout ship corporations.

#59 Edited by GERALTITUDE (2923 posts) -

millions

#60 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6287 posts) -

When I was commuting a lot back and forth to school and stuff I would listen to the podcast and never read/watch the videos.

#61 Posted by Capum15 (4813 posts) -

@nekroskop: I admit i used to have a problem with "said" person but over time Cool Baby has really become my number 1 source of hot gaming news.

The time he spent under Luchadeers' guidance helped a lot. Really helped him grow into those sunglasses.

My contributions to these forums are invaluable.

#62 Posted by seanvail99 (130 posts) -

@fluxwavez: what is the "1UP X Giant Bomb podcast"? Sounds like something I'd like to hear.

#63 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -
#64 Edited by overnow (120 posts) -

I actually was the opposite. I looked was unregistered and I would pop onto this site and watch quick looks for quite awhile. Eventually I became premium to watch the Whiskey Media Happy Hour and catch TNT after the fact since I always missed it live. Shortly after that I started listening to the podcast and I've been completely hooked ever since. Ryan and Jeff were a big part of why I went through that process. Originally they were the only two I really liked but as time went on everyone else really grew on me. Hell I got so into this site that I actually cried when I learned that Ryan had passed which is the first time I have ever cried for a person that I have never met in person. It was really bizarre, it was like I had lost a good friend.

RIP Ryan

#65 Posted by jimmyfenix (3829 posts) -

What a click bait title :p Just joking!

Yeah Jeff and Dave said in the past it was a six figure number in total.

#66 Posted by cthomer5000 (744 posts) -

It took me a few months to go from listener to website visitor. A few months after that I was a subscriber.

In retrospect I am so very fortunate that Joystiq changed the format of their podcast (to garbage), and made me quit it and go looking for something else. Found this and never looked back. Listened to the entire back catalogue, etc. Joystiq is not even a site I visit anymore - Chris Grant can shove that up his ass.

#67 Posted by dungbootle (2457 posts) -

A lot, and that's a shame.