I came for the lady milk, stayed for the shit steak

Cerialthriller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Cerialthriller

So, I'm not really a podcast kind of guy. I usually listen to music when I'm working and stuff like that. But I decided to give podcasts a whirl. So I checked out the latest Bombcast. And I'm doing my thing at work, designing shit in AutoCAD and the lady milk and shit steak segment comes up. There I am, laughing so hard I'm in tears in the middle of work. Anyway, I can't believe a video game podcast could be so hilarious. Thanks for making my work day go by just a little bit faster. I also listened to a little bit of last weeks bombcast with all the Duke Nukem stuff. I'm hooked.  

So I guess I'll add a topic for discussion in here, what moment hooked you on the podcast?

DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By DeeGee

I only started listening about October last year, so the thing that hooked me to the podcast because it was so funny was Vinny talking about getting his first massage, and later on in that episode, drunkenly offering children shots when they come trick or treating.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Vinny_Says
@Cerialthriller: Yeah, a very early bombcast. Jeff and Alex talk about a chair, and Alex tells Jeff that he "can always work on my mouth". 

The goof thing is that you have over 150 more podcasts to enjoy.
Moth_Pope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Moth_Pope

I can't listen to the podcasts at work for two reasons. One is I like to listen to them as clearly as I can and also because they just make me laugh too much. I remember first listening to the "muh balls" Peter Molyneux moment on the way home from work, and I looked like a maniac trying to hold in the laughter while walking through town.

I'd been listening to the bombcast casually in 2008 but the first one I remember properly listening to was where they talked about Skate 2 (late 08/early 09, I think). Jeff mentioning it had some of the same issues as the first game like when you jump near a wall, your guy will wall ride when you don't want him to. I'd been having that same problem but I'd heard no other gaming site mention it. Hooked since.

Agent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Agent47
@Moth_Pope: Oh gawd yes!That Peter Molyneux moment about his liver spotted balls had me in tears and disgust at the same time.
mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By mfpantst

the shit steak.  Definitely that.  No it was something- maybe the what I considered 'cops' themed graphics from 'season 1' or something?  Actually I think the salt licorice and energy drinks from way back when totally hooked me.

jorbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By jorbear

I first began to listen to the Bombcast around the time Starcraft 2 came out. I wanted to hear Brad's opinion on it and then I was pleasantly surprised to find that the entire podcast is amazing.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By shadows_kill

I got hooked on Vinny's story about his wifeless and kidless weekend that started with a huge bucket of KFC. 

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By buzz_clik

The moment Ryan avoided telling Jeff what he was up to on the first Arrow Pointing Down podcast, I was in for life. Also, that podcast had the most amazing intro music.

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

So c'mon. Who got all offended by it and are all huffy now?

@Agent47 said:

Peter Molyneux liver spotted balls

You're gonna love 'em.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kingzetta

I'd pay to hear Peter molyneux say "I'm Peter Molyneux BITCHS!!!!"

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By TheHBK

I had always listened to the Hotspot when these guys were on and man when they launched the bombcast, instant hit.  I remember the moment for me was this.... 

The bombcast is what I look forward to the most on Wednesdays.  Check into work, start work on the computer and put on the bombcast.
demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By demonbear

I've listened to every podcast, except the Leigh Alexander ones. I'm here since the Gerstmanngate.

And THIS is my favorite moment ever, still funny to this day.
Dain22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Dain22

I usually listen to the Bombcast while I'm preparing a meal, or walking around town. I've even started listening to old episodes and so far have worked my way up to early 2009. 

There are two particular Bombcast moments that come to mind when I think of what I found to be the most funny. The first time I heard Jeff talk about myNotebook: Pearl I was taking a bus across my province. I laughed so hard I was in tears:

The other moment(s) that had me in quite literal painful stitches of laugher was their ongoing HOT 97 impressions. Still brings tears to my eyes:
THE BIG DOG PITBULL IS IN THE BUILDING!

TheUnsavedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By TheUnsavedHero

Knowing that Jeff and Ryan were starting a podcast after Gamespot. Missed them a lot and have been listening since Arrow Pointing Down.

MisterMouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By MisterMouse

I think the ultimate moment that got me hooked, was I was in the car on the way to california (a relatively long trip) and it was the one bombcast with batman batman batman and the rest of my family is in there and I am just laughing away by myself. I had listened a good bit before that moment, but that is what solidified my continued listening.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Red12b
@Cerialthriller: Youtube incoming, 
 http://www.youtube.com/user/BestofGiantBombcast  
their first two years all the best bits,
All the best stuff on youtube 

The Swedish candy one is amazing  
 Swedish candy, part duex 

Amazing from the E3 podcast, fucking hilarious.  

But to answer your question, what got me hooked? 

SAUCEPAN MAN!   
YO MOONFACE!

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Red12b
@Cerialthriller:  
Dude find any podcast with John Vignocchi, fucking awesome man, 
Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Drop everything you're doing for the next week, go download and listen to every GFW radio ever. Then listen to every bombcast ever. Then resume your life.

yorick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By yorick
@demonbear
That back of the throat one was the first podcast I listened to after I took a very long break from the bombcast. I was listening to it at like 4 am  (which makes it even funnier because you're slap happy) and I just started laughing so hard that I cried.  I'm surprised I didn't wake anyone up.
BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By BabyChooChoo

This first Bombcast I remember listening to was the one with the then-unemployed Johnny V and working-at-Capcom (I think) Adam Boyes. Needless to say, that podcast speaks for itself and I've been hooked ever since.

disgustoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By disgustoid

I started listening some time in late 2008 and have been hooked ever since.

I sampled a bunch of video game podcasts at the time and most of them had hosts who were trying way too hard or dropping random F-bombs to sound cool and edgy and it just made them sound like dumbasses. The GB crew just sound like normal guys talking about games and things they like (Zojirushi!!) who also happen to be pretty damn funny on occasion, which is a big step up from most other video game podcasts if my experiences back then were any indication.