I concur^^

#4 Posted by mazik765 (2316 posts) -

Word.

#5 Posted by GlenTennis (3146 posts) -

Mhm.

#6 Posted by blackblade500 (162 posts) -

Straight Up

#7 Posted by JTMosh (260 posts) -

It' has to be Mass Effect 2! Accept no substitutes.

#8 Posted by TooWalrus (13258 posts) -

My GOTY Is Assassin's Creed, I hope it gets some mention, they all spoke so highly about it. I haven't played ME2, though.

#9 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

It is gonna be awesome. I can't wait for the Ryan/Brad battle that is bound to occur.

#10 Posted by Skytylz (4042 posts) -
@SpikeSpiegel said:
" It is gonna be awesome. I can't wait for the Ryan/Brad battle that is bound to occur. "
I'm guessing they are gonna be for RDR and Jeff and vinny for ME 2.  So I'm not expecting much of a battle if any between Ryan + Brad.
#11 Posted by seanbooker (205 posts) -

I just love getting to wake up each morning and see something new up here in regards to the GOTY. Last year getting a daily podcast and one or two Top 10 videos was so awesome. I also quite liked getting to make my own list.

#12 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

Ryan said they have 8 hours of recorded podcasts. I'm curious if they just all of them in one big bulk and have deliberations for the smaller categories as well as the big console ones

#13 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -
@Skytylz said:
" @SpikeSpiegel said:
" It is gonna be awesome. I can't wait for the Ryan/Brad battle that is bound to occur. "
I'm guessing they are gonna be for RDR and Jeff and vinny for ME 2.  So I'm not expecting much of a battle if any between Ryan + Brad. "
You have a point. I'm also curious how long SC2 is going to last in the conversation. :P
#14 Posted by PillClinton (3300 posts) -

well we all already know it's gonna be gt5 so it's not even really worth listening to at this point.  

#15 Posted by Skytylz (4042 posts) -
@SpikeSpiegel said:
" @Skytylz said:
" @SpikeSpiegel said:
I'm guessing they are gonna be for RDR and Jeff and vinny for ME 2.  So I'm not expecting much of a battle if any between Ryan + Brad. "
You have a point. I'm also curious how long SC2 is going to last in the conversation. :P "
Yah, I don't think Brad will stand against the rest of the group very long.  
#16 Posted by seanbooker (205 posts) -

I'm wondering what will take downloadable game. We're looking at Limbo, Pac-Man DX, Super Meat Boy. I know there's a lot more but those are three that came to my mind when I thought about what was REALLY great that they all loved.

#17 Posted by Omega (837 posts) -

I'm rooting for Super Mario Galaxy 2, but it's really hard to ignore Mass Effect 2.

#18 Posted by AjayRaz (12485 posts) -

yes

#19 Posted by bigcess (130 posts) -

a lot of people seem to be forgetting about Super Mario Galaxy 2, wonder how they'll compare it to ME2, RDR, and AC:BH

#20 Posted by Wraxend (572 posts) -

Hopefully they won't lose Vinnys or Brads audio this time lol. I hope they release it completely unedited apart from breaks of course.

#21 Posted by JJWeatherman (14575 posts) -

These are always the best podcasts. They shall not disappoint!

#22 Posted by Trilogy (2699 posts) -

Bring on the 4 hours of awesome!

#23 Posted by readymix (176 posts) -

i'm taking a risky stance and say SC2 will be GOTY.  
considering they didn't even review RDR and that ME2, despite being an excellent game, feels like (imo)  the safe/obvious choice.  
also didn't jeff say on the past bombcast that he would support SC2 as GOTY over other potential canidates? 
in my mind (and also double checking what was actually released this year), what other realistic canidates are there besides RDR and ME2?

...but i might just be wishing a little too much...

#24 Posted by MyOldFriendUnderageDrinking (44 posts) -

Oh hellllllllllll yeah
#25 Posted by ValeYard (149 posts) -

Will be AWESOME!

#26 Posted by ShaneDev (1696 posts) -

I reckon it has to come down to RDR VS ME 2 though I hope its a good discussion. Does anyone know on what day they put the GOTY stuff up?

#27 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

Go go Team BR!

#28 Posted by TaccyP (307 posts) -

BOOHHH I can't wait until they put it up, last year's GoTY podcast was one of the best bombcasts they've ever produced.

#29 Posted by seanbooker (205 posts) -
@TaccyP said:
" BOOHHH I can't wait until they put it up, last year's GoTY podcast was one of the best bombcasts they've ever produced. "
I started and finished The Maw during that podcast last year.
Now with the apparent run time being 6-8 hours this year, I can pick almost any game and go through it this time.
#30 Posted by GameFreak315 (151 posts) -
@Skytylz said:
" @SpikeSpiegel said:
That's probably true for the overall GOTY, but they still have to deliberate for PC GOTY...in which case, I'm assuming Ryan will be fighting for Civ 5 while the others push Starcraft. 

I'm so excited for these podcasts...I'd never heard such in-depth discussion and dissection of video games until I listened to the GOTYcasts on this site.
#31 Posted by Master_Funk (744 posts) -

Damn, I really wanna listen but I havent played ME2 (waiting for PS3 version) and Im sure they're probably gonna talk tons of spoilers

#32 Posted by seanbooker (205 posts) -
@GameFreak315 said:
" @Skytylz said:
" @SpikeSpiegel said:
That's probably true for the overall GOTY, but they still have to deliberate for PC GOTY...in which case, I'm assuming Ryan will be fighting for Civ 5 while the others push Starcraft.  I'm so excited for these podcasts...I'd never heard such in-depth discussion and dissection of video games until I listened to the GOTYcasts on this site. "
I could see Vinny going for Civ 5 over SC2.
#33 Posted by JoeyRavn (4996 posts) -

Noob question: When are they releasing it (them)? :P

#34 Posted by Underachiever007 (2468 posts) -
@readymix: I want to say Bayonetta is a realistic candidate (considering how much Jeff and Ryan enjoyed it) but I know it won't win.
#35 Posted by tooPrime (346 posts) -

GOTY is Pac-Man DX.  I'm completely serious.  I've played Mass Effect 2, Red Dead, and a ton of Starcraft.  Loved all of them but DX is transendent.

#36 Posted by HaroldoNVU (591 posts) -

I've re-listened to last year's goty bombcast 5 times in the last two months, so that gives an idea of exciting I am to listen to this one. I don't really care which game wins, I just like to hear their discussions.

#37 Edited by ImmortalSaiyan (4712 posts) -

I'm assuming that the game of the year stuff will happen during christmas break. This was the case last year.
#38 Posted by phrosnite (3518 posts) -

Bring it on!!! Hey LISTEN! I want to listen!

#39 Posted by ChristianCastillo (1162 posts) -
@ImmortalSaiyan: Is your icon from a movie named "Molly"?  I know it's a strange question but I was just watching the movie for the first time like 10 minutes ago and then get reminded of it by your icon.
#40 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4712 posts) -
@ChristianCastillo:
Nope, it's from the TV series Six Feet Under. It's a fantasic show, I would recommend it to anyone.
#41 Posted by Fjordson (2436 posts) -

Red Dead Redemption or bust!

#42 Posted by CptBedlam (4462 posts) -
@Fjordson said:
"

"
I'm pretty sure that Jeff will veto Red Dead and they are not going to crown a game goty that Jeff doesn't care about.

In the end they will settle for Mass Effect 2 as a compromise.
#43 Posted by Fjordson (2436 posts) -
@CptBedlam said:
" @Fjordson said:
"

"
I'm pretty sure that Jeff will veto Red Dead and they are not going to crown a game goty that Jeff doesn't care about.  In the end they will settle for Mass Effect 2 as a compromise. "

Then it's a bust! Especially considering Jeff barely even played the game.
#44 Posted by Gabriel (4088 posts) -

Yo Mass Effect 2 is gonna win. 

Next years gonna be crazy though if games don't get pushed back.

#45 Posted by StarFox (57 posts) -
@Gizmo said:
" Go go Team BR! "
Always have, always will root for Team VJ! The battle is on :)
#46 Posted by mutha3 (4986 posts) -

Last Year's GOTY podcast was released on dec 30. have they told us yet  when they'll release this one? Probably not listening in, 8 hours is just too much and the last GOTY podcasts weren't particularly funny either.

#47 Posted by Fistfulofmetal (688 posts) -

when they said around 8 hours of podcast dont they mean including all the mini casts for the specific categories?

#48 Posted by Milkman (17469 posts) -

Ryan says there will be six podcasts between Christmas and New Years. Are there even 6 days between Christmas and New Years?

#49 Posted by Grimace (376 posts) -
@mutha3 said:
" Last Year's GOTY podcast was released on dec 30. have they told us yet  when they'll release this one? Probably not listening in, 8 hours is just too much and the last GOTY podcasts weren't particularly funny either. "
You're crazy haha. Sit back with a brew or two and listen to some of the most learned people in video games press talk about the best games of 2010. 

I can't think of a better way to spend eight straight hours during the holidays.
#50 Posted by Gunharp (337 posts) -
@Fjordson said:
" @CptBedlam said:
" @Fjordson said:
"

"
I'm pretty sure that Jeff will veto Red Dead and they are not going to crown a game goty that Jeff doesn't care about.  In the end they will settle for Mass Effect 2 as a compromise. "
Then it's a bust! Especially considering Jeff barely even played the game. "
I would also take into consideration that there was never a review written for the game. Brad was supposed to get it out I believe, but it never happened. Not that it doesn't take it out of the contest but still...