• 62 results
#1 Posted by FreakAche (2948 posts) -

Do we know for certain that there will be a Bombcast this week? The GOTY shows are all over and Tuesday is New Year's Day. I seriously doubt that the Giant Bomb guys are going to come into the office just to record the podcast. I know that they've never missed a Tuesday in the entire history of the podcast, but given the way the days landed this year, it seems like a real possibility, unless they had something pre-recorded.

#2 Posted by Little_Socrates (5675 posts) -

this is a question perhaps relevant to my interests.

#3 Posted by believer258 (11555 posts) -

I would not expect them to.

#4 Posted by Hizang (8534 posts) -

I hope so, with a week off I was able to keep up with the GOTY podcasts, I have no new podcasts now.

#5 Posted by Linkster7 (1009 posts) -

I'm gonna guess no Bombast

#6 Posted by Captain_Felafel (1552 posts) -

They should just put out a 1:00 long podcast that's nothing but the intro and outro, just so no one can say that they ever missed a Tuesday.

#7 Posted by h83r (468 posts) -

Pretty sure the last regular podcast they did, they said that "this would be the last regular bombcast of 2012." And they also did about an hour of answering questions, so I'd bet that there's no podcast for this upcoming Tuesday. They're all on break anyway. Patrick and Brad aren't even in the same state and the last thing that Jeff and Ryan probably want to do is drive all the way out from Petaluma back into the office in the city to do 2 hours of talking.

#8 Posted by csl316 (7954 posts) -
@h83r Pretty sure Jeff's got an extra week of vacation in store.
#9 Edited by Hector (3352 posts) -

Maybe they already recorded one already...

#10 Posted by Ares42 (2550 posts) -

I bet they pre-recorded one this week.

#11 Posted by Milkman (16479 posts) -

Pretty sure they'll be no podcast this week. But maybe they recorded some like e-mails only episode before they left the office? I doubt it, though.

#12 Posted by Demoskinos (14512 posts) -

Im gonna say they have a real short podcast that they did for this week in advance.

#13 Posted by BaneFireLord (2907 posts) -

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I needs it! I NEEDS IT!

#14 Posted by psylah (2161 posts) -

Jeff should upload the latest jartime instead.

#15 Posted by Gamer_152 (14049 posts) -

I've just asked Jeff on his Tumblr so I guess time will tell. I think this one could go either way, but if there is no podcast this coming Tuesday I think they've more than made up for it with all the great GoTY content.

#16 Posted by Phatmac (5720 posts) -

I'd be fine without one. It is New Years Day after all.

#17 Posted by Froghourt (107 posts) -

@Gamer_152: Oh they definitely don't "owe" us anything, but man a Tuesday without a bombcast is just weird.

#18 Posted by Gamer_152 (14049 posts) -

@Froghourt said:

@Gamer_152: Oh they definitely don't "owe" us anything, but man a Tuesday without a bombcast is just weird.

I agree.

#19 Posted by SlashDance (1800 posts) -

Have they really never miss a single tuesday ?

#20 Posted by Baillie (4025 posts) -

Yes, there will be a bombcast. 100%.

#21 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4513 posts) -

@SlashDance said:

believe it or not, they haven't. It's a hell of a feat all things considered.

#22 Posted by rjayb89 (7716 posts) -

The day they miss a Bombcast is the day this gold medal goes deadal.

#23 Posted by DoctorTran (1544 posts) -
@h83r

Pretty sure the last regular podcast they did, they said that "this would be the last regular bombcast of 2012." And they also did about an hour of answering questions, so I'd bet that there's no podcast for this upcoming Tuesday. They're all on break anyway. Patrick and Brad aren't even in the same state and the last thing that Jeff and Ryan probably want to do is drive all the way out from Petaluma back into the office in the city to do 2 hours of talking.

Well.... Tuesday is the first day of 2013 so...
#24 Posted by Fallen189 (4931 posts) -

I love seeing this thread every single day ever

#25 Posted by FreakAche (2948 posts) -

@Fallen189 said:

Except this is one of the first times where it's a legitimate concern.

#26 Posted by Fallen189 (4931 posts) -
@FreakAche said:

@Fallen189 said:

Except this is one of the first times where it's a legitimate concern.

This thread pops up every single time a podcast is due near X day. Subsitute X for whatever national holiday/mothers birthday.
#27 Posted by fox01313 (5061 posts) -

One alternative since Tuesday might be tied up being a holiday is that they record it a day or two beforehand then put it up on tuesay. That or since nothing really happens on 1st of Jan aside from many places closing down, the GB crew say screw it & record one on tuesday.

#28 Posted by StarvingGamer (7904 posts) -

I won't know what to do with myself if I don't have a new GB podcast to listen to while doing grown-up stuff.

#29 Posted by jakob187 (21640 posts) -

I say they should just shut the entire site down on Tuesday and freak people the fuck out, then bring it back up on Wednesday with the "Sea Serpent" layout.

#30 Posted by buft (3300 posts) -

I hope there is

#31 Posted by Venatio (4483 posts) -
@Gamer_152 said:

@Froghourt said:

I agree.

#32 Posted by Ramone (2954 posts) -

@Oldirtybearon said:

@SlashDance said:

They have, Tuesday after '08 TGS.

#33 Posted by h83r (468 posts) -

@DoctorTran said:

@h83r

Well.... Tuesday is the first day of 2013 so...

Oh shit!! You're right!! It IS the 1st! Crap dude. 2013 is right around the corner, I feel like I've slept 2012 away or something. It's a whole new year, with it's own set of rules then guys. Anything's possible. Podcast on Wednesday's, anything!!

#34 Posted by handlas (2636 posts) -

There was no I Love Mondays right? They didn't mention it during I Love Mondays right? The Bombcast is off.

#35 Posted by granderojo (1778 posts) -

Yes but like last tuesday it will be less than 2 hours in which they talk about iOS games for the vast majority of it.

#36 Posted by MiniPato (2714 posts) -

I'd bet they have something pre-recorded for our leisure.

#37 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

I really hope there is one. Maybe they have recorded it early?

#38 Posted by PillClinton (3290 posts) -

@Baillie said:

Yes, there will be a bombcast. 100%.

Yup, they'll pull something out. Never doubt Ryan's podcasting discipline.

#39 Posted by Hunter5024 (5504 posts) -

I really think they missed one in like the first year somewhere, in which case ehh, they deserve a break after Game of The Year. But if not then it would be a damn shame for there to be no podcast this week.

#40 Posted by NorseDudeTR (420 posts) -

Nothing happens on new year’s day. As the song goes.

#41 Posted by tourgen (4426 posts) -

given the circumstances it's reasonable to expect their wouldn't be a bombcast on Tuesday. Everyone is out, no game news, no real releases, IT'S NEW YEARS DAY.

#42 Posted by PhilipDuck (530 posts) -

That's a negative

#43 Posted by FreakAche (2948 posts) -

@Ramone said:

@Oldirtybearon said:

@SlashDance said:

They have, Tuesday after '08 TGS.

Hmm seems you're right. I had forgotten about that. I can still revise my statement to "they've never missed a week", since they had done a podcast on the Sunday prior to the Tuesday that they missed.

#44 Posted by Flappy (2109 posts) -

@tourgen said:

given the circumstances it's reasonable to expect their wouldn't be a bombcast on Tuesday. Everyone is out, no game news, no real releases, IT'S NEW YEARS DAY.

This is accurate.

#45 Posted by Xeirus (1292 posts) -

@Ares42 said:

I bet they pre-recorded one this week.

#46 Posted by TheHT (10787 posts) -

I expect a 30 second bombcast and going a little something like this:

hey whatcha been playing?

nothing!

any news this week?

nope!

e-mails?

nada!

HAPPY NEW YEAR BITCHES!

#47 Posted by yoshimitz707 (2450 posts) -

There will always be a bombcast in Giant Bomb

#48 Posted by TooWalrus (13127 posts) -

Nothing stops the Bombcast.

#49 Posted by Dtat (1623 posts) -

@h83r said:

^

#50 Posted by JasonLeeson (201 posts) -

They talked about it in the 3 hour Famicom stream. Something about Brad talking to a guy from the office about Anime for 10-15 mins, then Ryan doing an audio version of T.A.N.G. for the last Resident Evil movie.