• 143 results
#51 Edited by Ihmishylje (413 posts) -

This as well:

@GunslingerPanda said:

" I agree with the OP, but there's no point posting it on a forum filled with brown-nosing cunts with a copy-paste opinion. "     

#52 Posted by Vodun (2370 posts) -
@Meowshi: Who ever claimed respect or civility? Simply shut up and move on if you don't like the opinions expressed. You're not forced to listen to any of it. Freedom to listen is greater than the freedom to speak.
#53 Posted by ultimatepunchrod (336 posts) -

i dont think assassins creed 1 was busted, but it was extremely repetitive and that caused me not to finish it.

#54 Posted by MangyForestCat (75 posts) -

@GunslingerPanda said:

"I agree with the OP, but there's no point posting it on a forum filled with brown-nosing cunts with a copy-paste opinion. "

To be honest I didn't really think they would be so vicious in their defense of the crew. It's not like I'm saying they should take it back. I'm just merely pointing out how incredibly out of context they are taking the flaws of the first Assassin's Creed game and ballooning it up into unbelivable proportions.

@Meowshi said:
" @Vodun said:
" YEAH FUCK THEM FOR HAVING OPINIONS! BURN THE INFIDELS! "
As opposed to the tremendous amount of respect and civility you're showing towards the OP's opinions, right? "

Thanks for the support, but I doubt he can understand the irony of what it is he's doing. 
#55 Edited by WatanabeKazuma (989 posts) -

I collected ALL the flags in Assassins Creed, I don't think it is unrelated that I no longer have a soul. 

@GunslingerPanda said: 

" I agree with the OP, but there's no point posting it on a forum filled with brown-nosing cunts with a copy-paste opinion. "

Oh my...
#56 Posted by danimal_furry (1453 posts) -
@H2Oyea said:
"

"

Hahahaha! That is hilarious. 

As for an actual reply to this:  I am pretty sure they all have their own opinions. You just have to find one of the guys you agree with most and roll with their picks.
#57 Posted by HarlequinRiot (1098 posts) -
@MangyForestCat: I actually just played AC 1 and 2 for the first time over this past month (like Brad is doing). And I have to say, that there are some things in the first game that I miss in the second (mainly the importance of things like blending and moving well through crowds). BUT the game was honestly a chore to play in many spots, especially when you have the knowledge that there's a much improved sequel out there. I didn't even mind the repetitive nature of it, I just thought there were some some really bad decisions made about what entails getting spotted and how the fighting works.  

AC1 is by no means unplayable (anyone who says that is crazy, it's still better than most games out there). But you can't deny that it is a frustrating experience with a lot of bad decisions. 
#58 Posted by KillyDarko (1888 posts) -
@MatPaget said:
" @MangyForestCat said:

the first Assassin's Creed is one of the most painful experiences in modern video game history.

It was "
I'm actually trying to play for the first time at the moment and I'm having a really hard time liking it so far...
#59 Posted by dragonzord (823 posts) -
@GunslingerPanda said:
Shh, they'll never get to hang out with Giant bomb if you keep telling them the truth!
#60 Edited by Underachiever007 (2468 posts) -
@MangyForestCat: Although, to be fair, I've never really played any other AC game besides the first, so maybe me issues with it stem from a more general dislike for the series' gameplay mechanics.
#61 Posted by Kibblez (702 posts) -

The OP seems to live in an alternate universe where everyone with a mouth has to agree with his opinion or face the consequence of sloppy internet ridicule

#62 Edited by Trilogy (2692 posts) -

I really liked the first Assassin's Creed when it came out. It was a flawed game with a lot of potential. That potential was met in 2 and in brotherhood which makes them much better games in my opinion. That being said I still have some respect for assassin's creed 1 so it's a bit annoying listening to the crew shit on it constantly. It's just something we all have to deal with. Not everyone is going to agree with you and in this case you can't talk back to the podcast so it gets a little frustrating. I don't really blame this guy for venting on the forums although I think he could of been more diplomatic about it instead of making it personal. 

I can't speak to fable 3 since I haven't played it yet. All I know is that I loved Fable 2 and I was disappointed to hear what the guys were saying about 3. Maybe I should give it a shot anyway...

#63 Posted by Slaker117 (4843 posts) -
@Shirogane said:
" @Slaker117 said:
"@Shirogane:  There are things that AC1 did that are amazing. Those things didn't make it a good game. It was severely flawed and even at release I remember seeing complaints similar to those here. The vastly superior sequels makes it even easier to see it's many failings. "
The main things with the 'flaws' were that people were expecting something more, i went into the game not hyped up at all. And quite late actually, probably a year or 2 after release. I found it to be great, i had no problems with it whatsoever. "
I first tried play AC1 a few moths after release. After hearing some of the complains, I already had my expectations tempered. Things in the game are just bad. I really liked the free running and thought the huge cities were impressive, but the flow of the gameplay and over all mission structure was just stupid. Combat is extremely shallow, but slow and tedious. Repeating the same side quests and hearing the same dialogue over and over was mind numbing. It felt like it was a proof of concept thrown together before they went and made an actual game, but spread out over several hours. I still kind of liked it and I played it to completion and then some, but I was fighting it all the way through. It was painful because every step of the way it felt slightly broken, but the core concepts were solid and really fun. The game was at odds with it's self. I can wholly understand why people would hate it. I played the shit out of it, but I still kind of hate it. Assassin's Creed is a wonderful engine scarred by a horrible game.
#64 Posted by ViciousReiven (823 posts) -

We and the bombcast are  in reality 1218, I have no idea where you came from.

#65 Posted by MegaGoat (217 posts) -

Assassin's Creed was awesome, but repetitive up the ass
I was really into it, but by sequence 6 I was burnt out

#66 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5818 posts) -
@Laketown said:
" I don't think either AC is that great, but I did beat AC2 and never actually got past the first two assassination missions in AC; game is MAD BORING DOG.  and I was playing the PC version as well (not of AC2, fuck that) "
I agree. 

Assassin's Creed II is pretty similar to the first game, in that it's boring and tedious.
#67 Posted by yinstarrunner (1243 posts) -

I played Assassin's Creed when it first came out.  I was super excited for it. 
I got to memory block 4 before I said "fuck this."
I tried playing it again before AC2 came out.
I got to memory block 3 before mind-numbing boredom set in.
I tried playing it again before AC:B came out.  I needed to convince myself that this was a series I should actually care about. I was hoping that at least the story would catch my interest.
I got to memory block 4 before I lost the will to finish.

I would rather shoot myself in the leg than play the first Assassin's Creed again.  It's so tedious that it also ruined any chance of me being excited in the sequels, even after all the praise they've gotten.

#68 Posted by Nux (2424 posts) -

Who knew that people who review video games for a liveing had there own opinions about video games? I mean what the hell is wrong with them?
#69 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -

You do you that you've all been duped into taking a troll seriously, right?

#70 Posted by CornBREDX (6044 posts) -

I like the first Assasin's Creed personally. I've yet to pass the second altho the second one is good too.

Fable 3 wasn't disappointing, I already knew it would suck. However, from their perspective they cannot assume about a game as professionally they are expected to look at each game on its own merits and they did. That is probably why they found it disappointing.

Your entitled to your opinion however I must live in a similar reality to theirs as I agree with them a lot of the time (not always, but a lot).

Also, your post comes off really whiny for some reason. Kinda like a little kid who disagrees with their parents so whines about it from their closed door to their room. 
I dont know. 
Moving along.

#71 Posted by JauntyHat (326 posts) -

#72 Posted by hexx462 (506 posts) -
@GunslingerPanda said:
Duuudde you're like so hardcore. Let's go to the playground and throw cigarette butts at children.
#73 Posted by NMC2008 (1237 posts) -

Ass Creed was painful, I couldn't even get halfway through the game before saying "Why am I doing this?" and moving on to Ass Creed 2.

#74 Posted by NickLott (793 posts) -
@MangyForestCat: It isn't that Fable III is a horrible game or the worst game this year, it's the most disappointing game, there's a difference because of the expectations going into it based on how great Fable II and how it was being talked up and the huge blunders made at the end game. 

Also, I love AC2 and Brotherhood is great. AC1 was awful to me. 
#75 Posted by Dtat (1630 posts) -
@Deusoma
Someday, people are going to realize that there is such a thing as an incorrect opinion. Hopefully, that will do away with the knee-jerk reactions I always see to threads even remotely like this one, and lead to actual discussion of whether or not the opinions in question have merit. That would be nice. :)
In this case I think most people realize that the bombast guys opinions DO have merit. That's why people are jumping on him for being so dismissive.
#76 Posted by canucks23 (1087 posts) -

Well they're not wrong about Fable 3. That game is absolute shit compared to Fable 2.

#77 Posted by Aronman789 (2671 posts) -

Just recently played me some AC1 since I never finished it, and shit, that game is boring as all living fuck, I mind as well go grind out my pokemon. 

also I have a solid belief that Fable 3 is most likely shit, never played it, but I did play through Fable and Fable 2, and while they had a cool way of customizing your character through tattoos, hair, weight, ect., those games weren't that great and very linear, and I found Fable 2 even worse than Fable 1, since there was seriously no need for any armor, you could run around naked the whole time and you were still fine.

#78 Posted by jozzy (2035 posts) -

If I want an opinion of an average gamer, I'll check user reviews on the various sites that have those in abundance. If i want to have the opinion of professional game critics that are suprisingly still not really jaded about gaming I go to GiantBomb. Both have merit.

Why do you want the giantbomb crew stepping into average gamer shoes is beyond me.

#79 Edited by audiosnag (1582 posts) -
@Baillie said:

" For everyone shitting on Assassin's Creed, you clearly didn't play it when it first came out. "

I did actually.
I don't think the first AC is a terrible game but I actually just finished beating AC2 a few days ago (I know, super late to the party) and holy crap is that game vastly better. I'm not saying anything new but AC, as good as it looked and as great as the story was got so repetitive. I actually stopped playing it halfway through and didn't actually beat it until probably about 6 months later. It actually put me off of the series and as much good stuff as I'd heard about 2, I didn't bother looking into it until hearing so much good about Brotherhood, and wanting to keep the narrative track.
The first game set up a great series and had some cool ideas but it got to be a chore to get through.

As for Fable 3, haven't beaten 2, haven't played 3 so I gots no opinion.
#80 Posted by shinluis (432 posts) -

Dude seriously. The first AC IS one of the most painful experiences in modern gaming. Come. On.

#81 Posted by MangyForestCat (75 posts) -
@Trilogy said:
"  it's a bit annoying listening to the crew shit on it constantly"

That's all I'm trying to say.

I'm just trying to point out that everything that the Giantbomb crew says about Assassin's Creed nowadays is full of vitriol. The crew, specially Jeff and Ryan, have just blown up the small number of issues in the first Assassin's Creed game and made it sound like the game suffers from crippling issues that apparently make the game unplayable.

#82 Posted by Th3dz (332 posts) -

I get where you're coming from with this. It's like every game that isn't perfect in every way is just "janky" or crap and thrown away immediately. It's a matter of taste and sometimes they don't give games a chance.

#83 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

The fun thing is that obviously you view your own reality as real, but really yours is the one that's skewed.

That said I fucking love the first AC game, still. All of it.

#84 Edited by Lautaro (448 posts) -
@Azteck said:

" The fun thing is that obviously you view your own reality as real, but really yours is the one that's skewed.  That said I fucking love the first AC game, still. All of it. "

How is his view any less valid? Sorry that's right he isn't part of the staff so therefore he is wrong. My mistake. It's just annoying seeing everyone in this thread dismiss him like a crazy person.
#85 Posted by Jimbo (9998 posts) -

The investigation missions were far too repetitive!  Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to playing through Dead Space six times in a row / collecting flags / counting sheep for achievement points.  Good day to you, sirs.

#86 Posted by AuthenticM (3805 posts) -

I was given the first Assassin's Creed as a christmas gift when it was relased. I played around 5 hours before stopping out of sheer boredom. That was not a good game.

#87 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -
@Lautaro said:
" @Azteck said:

" The fun thing is that obviously you view your own reality as real, but really yours is the one that's skewed.  That said I fucking love the first AC game, still. All of it. "

How is his view any less valid? Sorry that's right he isn't part of the staff so therefore he is wrong. My mistake. It's just annoying seeing everyone in this thread dismiss him like a crazy person. "
That's not at all what I'm saying. He's certainly entitled to his opinion, and I never said that disagreeing with the staffs opinions makes them automatically wrong. I disagree with them on so many things. But your logic works both ways, as OP clearly doesn't accept their opinion on the games. My comment was in regards to all the other comments in this thread, and how they all seemed to disagree with him.
#88 Posted by Ramone (2976 posts) -

Oh yeah that alternate reality where people have different opinions to you. What the hell happened to conformity, JEEZ! Also AC was one of the few games that I have started and not finished just because it was so...damn...booooooooring.

#89 Posted by FreakAche (2955 posts) -

Both AC1 and AC2 are extremely boring games. I'm going to go out on a limb and hypothesize that Brotherhood is probably also a boring game.

#90 Posted by Zor (667 posts) -

The first AC was overall kind of dull, but it did have one of the greatest moments in video games that i have ever seen.  

If i am remembering right (i might not be, it has been years, and i might be remembering it wrong since i think so fondly of it) I was riding the horse through an outpost, and since riding a horse at a speed above 5 mph is a crime against humanity in that game, the guards in the outpost came after me in force.  While trying to dodge the guards, i fell off the horse, and quickly got surrounded by about 20 guards.  After killing 19 of them (mainly by using the counter kill move) the last guard walked up to my character, stopped, turned around, and started running away.  I am pretty sure this was a bug in the game (it never happen again) but i still found it awesome.

#91 Posted by hexx462 (506 posts) -
@MangyForestCat said:

"I'm just trying to point out that everything that the Giantbomb crew says about Assassin's Creed nowadays is full of vitriol. The crew, specially Jeff and Ryan, have just blown up the small number of issues in the first Assassin's Creed game and made it sound like the game suffers from crippling issues that apparently make the game unplayable."

Why get so bent out of shape about it? You may think there's nothing wrong with it, but they have some serious problems with it as it seems a lot of people do judging by the responses. If it bugs you that much don't listen. I also think calling it vitriol or "blown up" is absolutele hyperbole, they're just expressing frustration over it.
#92 Posted by LiquidPrince (16181 posts) -
@FunExplosions said:
" Pretty much everyone that isn't a frat bro or old man disagrees with you. "
I'm neither and I still find the first Assassin's Creed a great game. I haven't played my copy of Fable 3 yet but it looks alright.
#93 Posted by AndrewB (7691 posts) -

As someone who played through the original Assassin's Creed twice on the 360 and 1/2 a time on the PC, I can't agree with the opinion that it's a chore to play. I also haven't played the sequels yet, so I can't say for sure if I'd feel differently after doing so. I do know that playing through Mass Effect 1 after playing the sequel definitely felt like a chore. 

But at any rate, people are entitled to their opinions. There are certainly a lot of those that I don't agree with coming out of the Giant Bomb crew, but there's enough I like to keep me here, obviously.

#94 Posted by Yanngc33 (4461 posts) -
@MangyForestCat: If they still remember "small" issues of the first AC than they probably aren't that small
#95 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2699 posts) -

The first Assassin's Creed was awesome in 2007. People have negative opinions of it because that's all anyone talks about now are the negative sides. It's like reverse-nostalgia. 

It was a great game, it sold a shit ton of copies, and spawned a great franchise. It may not hold up in 2011 very well, but anyone who claims they hated AC is more than likely just trying to look cool for agreeing with GB. Popular concencus at the time was that it was a solid game with too much repetition. 

That said, Fable 3 was a massive disappointment. 

#96 Posted by floodiastus (1262 posts) -
@FunExplosions said:
" Pretty much everyone that isn't a frat bro or old man disagrees with you. "
Im an old man, I still disagree ;)
#97 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5154 posts) -

You know it's ok for them to have their opinions, and you have the right not to agree with them but why do you feel the need to make your point in such a trollish way?

#98 Posted by Slaker117 (4843 posts) -

I really don't see how people can defend the "game" part of Assassin's 1. I loved the engine and window dressing and played the shit out of it, but it was sort of a horribly designed game. Really, the amount of tedious things they make you do is insane. It was a proof of concept that they tried to make a full campaign out of.

#99 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -
@Zor said:
" The first AC was overall kind of dull, but it did have one of the greatest moments in video games that i have ever seen.   If i am remembering right (i might not be, it has been years, and i might be remembering it wrong since i think so fondly of it) I was riding the horse through an outpost, and since riding a horse at a speed above 5 mph is a crime against humanity in that game, the guards in the outpost came after me in force.  While trying to dodge the guards, i fell off the horse, and quickly got surrounded by about 20 guards.  After killing 19 of them (mainly by using the counter kill move) the last guard walked up to my character, stopped, turned around, and started running away.  I am pretty sure this was a bug in the game (it never happen again) but i still found it awesome. "
Nah, people started running away from me all the time in the cities. If you kill enough guards near a soldier, they get scared and freak out.
#100 Posted by Clinkz (1118 posts) -

Assassins Creed and Fable 3 were awful. I came to that conclusion without the help of the Bombcast.