• 143 results
#101 Posted by dungbootle (2458 posts) -

They have their own opinion on things and they don't let anyone else's affect their own. That is good.

#102 Posted by Skald (4369 posts) -

Dude is angry because opinions.

#103 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11910 posts) -

I enjoyed the original Assassin's Creed and probably played far more of it than I had any right to. Nonetheless, I don't think I could ever see myself playing through it again. Structurally speaking, it was kind of terrible, and story wise it wasn't that amazing either. Am I trying to be a parrot? Not really. I just think that game would be very hard to go back to, even as someone who regularly plays old games all with their own unique anachronisms and poorly aged mechanics.

#104 Edited by wolf_blitzer85 (5276 posts) -

AC1 just got boring and repetitive. I did however think just about everything else was awesome. It was a neat idea for a game, and with AC2 they fixed just about everything that was goofy about AC1, mainly the lack of variety. Oh yeah and guards not thinking you were terrorist whenever you decided to sprint ten feet in town.

#105 Posted by sthusby (382 posts) -

Fable III was a huge dissapointment compared to Fable II. The charm was just..gone!

#106 Posted by Gamer_152 (14091 posts) -

Maybe the issues with AC1 are just a bigger deal for them than they are for you? Their opinion is as valid as the next person's and I'm glad they stick to their guns.

#107 Posted by DonutFever (3553 posts) -
@MangyForestCat said:
" I love the alternate reality that the entire Bombcast takes place in.

You know, that alternate reality where the first Assassin's Creed is one of the most painful experiences in modern video game history.

Where Fable 3 is the most dissappointing game of 2010.

These two are but the most recent examples of the crazy reality that these guys live in. It's amazing to me that they do not connect the dots between their opinions of these and other games, and the fact that they are in a unique position (by way of their chosen profession) to experience things that the average consumer and video game enthusiast does not.

"
Read: Me.
#108 Posted by Brad078 (30 posts) -

I love the Assassin's Creed games. So far I've only played AC and ACII, but I've got Brotherhood ready to start up any day now. I can understand how some might find problems with the first game, especially the tedious nature of the repeated tasks. And for someone that plays the game in a day or as quickly as they can, a la Brad, I can see it being a bit painful to get through. I, however, tend to play games of this length slowly over a month or more due to only having a couple hours over a week to play. This may be why doing the same thing over and over didn't get to me. To me I was just loving the the great visuals, climbing and stabbing dudes. I know that a game shouldn't get a pass for being good only if you play it slowly but it definitely had good fundamentals.  AC II changed up things for the better and is a HUGE improvement in every way, but it's still taking off from the great start set by AC.

#109 Posted by buzz_clik (6989 posts) -

Fable III was extremely disappointing - my lass and I were both looking forward to it, and we had long chats about things that were wrong with the game that made it inferior to its predecessor. The whole thing was a huge step backwards for the franchise, where it could have been one of the knockout titles of 2010, building upon the excellent Fable II. In that sense, I don't think it's incorrect if someone wants to say it was the most disappointing title of the year, especially considering how many sites held the previous game in such high regard.

#110 Posted by Andorski (5342 posts) -

Because nothing says realism like complete homogeny among society. 

Where does the OP live? North Korea is my guess.

#111 Posted by UnrealDP (1223 posts) -

ASSassins creed 1 was a good game you say? Wierd becasue every living thing in the history of life its selve disagrees. Why would you post this on giant bombs forum i mean come on, theres nothing more disrespectful .Yeah i know thats the internet in a nutshell trolls and disrespect and i should get over it but come on.
#112 Posted by InfamousBIG (3212 posts) -

I love the alternate reality where you aren't a total assmunch.

#113 Edited by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@buzz_clik said:

" Fable III was extremely disappointing - my lass and I were both looking forward to it, and we had long chats about things that were wrong with the game that made it inferior to its predecessor. The whole thing was a huge step backwards for the franchise, where it could have been one of the knockout titles of 2010, building upon the excellent Fable II. In that sense, I don't think it's incorrect if someone wants to say it was the most disappointing title of the year, especially considering how many sites held the previous game in such high regard. "

Say whaaat? Fable 3 is so much better than 2. 3 is everything 2 was and more. Hell, at least in 3 as time went on your character didn't begin to become a short fat person regardless of stats.
#114 Posted by JeffGoldblum (3707 posts) -
@UnrealDP said:
" ASSassins creed 1 was a good game you say? Wierd becasue every living thing in the history of life its selve disagrees. Why would you post this on giant bombs forum i mean come on, theres nothing more disrespectful .Yeah i know thats the internet in a nutshell trolls and disrespect and i should get over it but come on. "
Please don't ever defend GiantBomb again, you are just making us look bad.
#115 Posted by Bigrhyno (505 posts) -

If their opinions on games bother you enough to make this post then maybe you shouldn't listen to the podcast.

#116 Posted by buzz_clik (6989 posts) -
@CL60 said:
" Say whaaat? Fable 3 is so much better than 2. 3 is everything 2 was and more. Hell, at least in 3 as time went on your character didn't begin to become a short fat person regardless of stats. "
Yeah, but in Fable III nothing happens to your character. And remember that wheel thing you had which meant you could control what emotion/action you could do at any given time? Fable III limits you to whatever single option the game wants you to perform. While I'm not against the idea of dancing with a dude to make him happy, I at least want the option of being able to do something else to get him onside. For all the interaction and growth Molyneux has wanted for the protagonist in the past games, there's none of that here; you're limited to a bare-bones level of inappropriate actions that seem completely dissatisfying and out of the player's control.

Also, the story in Fable III was definitely stronger in premise, but its execution devolved into a rushed and sloppy mess at the end. 

Don't get me wrong, my lass and I still enjoyed Fable III. But for us it seemed to "fix" the things that were fine in the last game, and leave real problems apparently untouched.
#117 Posted by lokilaufey (294 posts) -

You know EVERYONE ON THE INTERNET IS SUPPOSED TO THINK THE SAME THING. OMG. Ya'll are doing it wrong. 

*obvious sarcasm*

#118 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@buzz_clik said:
" @CL60 said:
" Say whaaat? Fable 3 is so much better than 2. 3 is everything 2 was and more. Hell, at least in 3 as time went on your character didn't begin to become a short fat person regardless of stats. "
Yeah, but in Fable III nothing happens to your character. And remember that wheel thing you had which meant you could control what emotion/action you could do at any given time? Fable III limits you to whatever single option the game wants you to perform. While I'm not against the idea of dancing with a dude to make him happy, I at least want the option of being able to do something else to get him onside. For all the interaction and growth Molyneux has wanted for the protagonist in the past games, there's none of that here; you're limited to a bare-bones level of inappropriate actions that seem completely dissatisfying and out of the player's control. Also, the story in Fable III was definitely stronger in premise, but its execution devolved into a rushed and sloppy mess at the end.  Don't get me wrong, my lass and I still enjoyed Fable III. But for us it seemed to "fix" the things that were fine in the last game, and leave real problems apparently untouched. "
I agree with the emotions thing. I would've liked being able to choose, rather than dancing with everybody I see.
#119 Posted by NickL (2246 posts) -
@Vodun said:
" YEAH FUCK THEM FOR HAVING OPINIONS! BURN THE INFIDELS! "
my thoughts exactly 

also biggest dissappoint means they expected alot from fable 3 and it came out average, which i completely agree with, it doesnt mean they think the game is horrible or anything which is where you are probably getting confused
#120 Posted by neozeke (378 posts) -
@MangyForestCat said:
"
@GunslingerPanda said:

"I agree with the OP, but there's no point posting it on a forum filled with brown-nosing cunts with a copy-paste opinion. "

To be honest I didn't really think they would be so vicious in their defense of the crew. It's not like I'm saying they should take it back. I'm just merely pointing out how incredibly out of context they are taking the flaws of the first Assassin's Creed game and ballooning it up into unbelivable proportions.  

Dude, you're posting on a site that had a thread dedicated to sexiest crew member or something really creepy (I can't remember what, but it was pretty disturbing) of course they're going to massacre you for having a different opinion. I pretty much always disagree with the staff's opinion, I just like listening to them is all. 
#121 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@neozeke said:
" @MangyForestCat said:
"
@GunslingerPanda said:

"I agree with the OP, but there's no point posting it on a forum filled with brown-nosing cunts with a copy-paste opinion. "

To be honest I didn't really think they would be so vicious in their defense of the crew. It's not like I'm saying they should take it back. I'm just merely pointing out how incredibly out of context they are taking the flaws of the first Assassin's Creed game and ballooning it up into unbelivable proportions.  
 Dude, you're posting on a site that had a thread dedicated to sexiest crew member or something really creepy (I can't remember what, but it was pretty disturbing) of course they're going to massacre you for having a different opinion. I pretty much always disagree with the staff's opinion, I just like listening to them is all.  "
Disagreeing with the staffs opinions is hazardous to your health here.
#122 Posted by neozeke (378 posts) -
@CL60: Tell me about it, the community here is pretty great for the most part, but sometimes they really get at my goad. Everyone here seems to call troll on everybody who has a different opinion. And it seems like once labeled a troll, they're always a troll. It's fucking retarded. 
#123 Posted by captain_clayman (3325 posts) -

assasin's creed did suck and so did fable 3.

#124 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@neozeke said:
" @CL60: Tell me about it, the community here is pretty great for the most part, but sometimes they really get at my goad. Everyone here seems to call troll on everybody who has a different opinion. And it seems like once labeled a troll, they're always a troll. It's fucking retarded.  "
I said one time that the QL of Fable 3 was annoying because Brad over exaggerated on the problem of the menu and just went on and on about it for the entire QL and everybody here ripped out my testicles and ate them in anger.
#125 Posted by DystopiaX (5334 posts) -

Ehhh...difference of opinions. I haven't played Fable III but I really hated Assassin's Creed. I would put it up there as one of the worse "mainstream" games of this generation (aka not budget or something you wouldn't ever consider playing)

#126 Posted by neozeke (378 posts) -
@CL60: See, it's shit like that that keeps me from posting on here more. The community dick rides everyone. Well, besides Kessler, everyone hated him. Idk why, seemed like a nice dude.   
#127 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -
@neozeke:  
Hey, I've got your goad, and what a nice goad it is. What are you gonna do about it?
#128 Posted by august (3853 posts) -

WAIT JUST A SECOND

... there's a menu in Fable 3!?

#129 Posted by neozeke (378 posts) -
@McGhee_the_Insomniac: I dunno, I guess I'll grow up and get over it? Maybe pickup a sense of humor along the way.......
#130 Posted by DystopiaX (5334 posts) -
@neozeke said:
" @CL60: See, it's shit like that that keeps me from posting on here more. The community dick rides everyone. Well, besides Kessler, everyone hated him. Idk why, seemed like a nice dude.    "
I agree with you in some cases, but I think this thread is more of people disagreeing with the OP's assertion that the GB crew are out of touch because they hated AC1 and Fable III. I don't think they're suggesting that the OP is dumb for liking those games or disagreeing with the editors but take issue with the fact that the OP states that the editors are "out of it" because they disagree with his opinion.
#131 Edited by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@august said:

" WAIT JUST A SECOND  ... there's a menu in Fable 3!? "

Yesh ma'am, and it was faster and more efficient than both fable games menus, which is why I don't understand the complaints about it. Fable 2s menu = Press Start then freeze for a second, then hold down to get to what you want. With multiple second long freezes throughout the menu, while Fable 3s is pause, get teleported into a room and walk 1 step and instantly get to the map, or use the d-pad to teleport to the inventory room and stuff. It was quicker and basically the same as any other menu except instead of using the d-pad to move down a menu you moved the stick to walk 1 step.
#132 Edited by neozeke (378 posts) -
@DystopiaX: Oh no, I feel that the OP could have voiced his opinions in a less "offensive" way, I'm just saying what bothers me about the bomb. It's like rolling up to a gig with an ERGand the classic rock band on before you starts housing your band because of the "extra two bass stringz!" since their poopie told them all you need is six.  

EDIT: ERG=extended range guitar, sorry forgot I'm not on sevenstring lol
#133 Posted by DystopiaX (5334 posts) -
@neozeke said:
" @DystopiaX: Oh no, I feel that the OP could have voiced his opinions in a less "offensive" way, I'm just saying what bothers me about the bomb. It's like rolling up to a gig with an ERGand the classic rock band on before you starts housing your band because of the "extra two bass stringz!" since their poopie told them all you need is six.    EDIT: ERG=extended range guitar, sorry forgot I'm not on sevenstring lol "
Yeah I know what it is lol. 
It bothers me too. I love the community here, I still think it's one of the best, but I do think that a majority of the community needs to learn that it's ok to disagree with the editors about things. That being said, one of the reasons I do go to the site alot is because their game tastes and mine are fairly similar; rarely have I ever hated a game they liked and vice versa, although there are exceptions.
#134 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -
@neozeke said:
" @McGhee_the_Insomniac: I dunno, I guess I'll grow up and get over it? Maybe pickup a sense of humor along the way....... "
Ugh. . .  -__-
#135 Posted by Meptron (1085 posts) -

You say you love this alternate reality. But the rest of the post makes me think that maybe that isn't true! I'm so confused!

#136 Posted by neozeke (378 posts) -
@DystopiaX:   Yeah, exactly. I feel like Giant Bomb (and by extension the entirety of Whiskey Media) is one of the most down to earth everyday guys in journalism period. And as far as the community, it's probably one of the best communities I've had the pleasure of being part of. Just under sevenstring in politeness and knowledge. But, I almost wish they would adapt some of their rules. Like, you can say you don't like something and explain why, but you can't straight up say "This sucks." Best example was one dude started flaming suicide silence and he got banned straight up. It's an effective way to make sure people don't step out of line.

@McGhee_the_Insomniac: Sorry bro, but that joke kinda sorta blew a line of prepubescent boys. No offense intended or anything, but it wasn't very good. I couldn't tell if you were grabbing my goad or making fun of my old timey talk. 
#137 Posted by Driadon (3001 posts) -

You know what I love? I love waking up in the morning, with a big cup of joe, and to look out my office window to see my many clones walking through campus all with big smiles on their faces while they salute to my flag as they move to the armory and prepare for the inevidable conqouring of the world. By me.  
Yeah... this is the life... 

#138 Posted by Dan_CiTi (3376 posts) -
@H2Oyea said:
"
"
...pretty much.
#139 Posted by Marcelloz (118 posts) -

A king should shit in a golden toilet; why else be king? Fable 3 concept was flawed from the beginning. Be king or be a hero. Not both.

#140 Posted by SharpShotApollo (146 posts) -

Assassin's Creed wasn't great and yeah, it was kinda painful to play. Fable 3 was did nothing different than Fable 2. From the little I played of Fable 3, I knew it wasn't a purchase. So in conclusion, Cool Story, Bro.

#141 Posted by Brendan (7843 posts) -

I liked the first Assassin's Creed when I played it in '07.  It wasn't perfect but I still had fun.

#142 Posted by FreakAche (2954 posts) -

As dumb as this thread is, I'm somehow fascinated at the concept of listening to podcasts from alternate realities. Scientists are totally worthless for not having invented this yet.

#143 Posted by skywing (1153 posts) -

I wonder what kinda response was this guy expecting from everyone.