I think I'm going to listen to every Bombcast

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By CenturionCajun

So, I have a week off with very little to do due to a vacation falling through. So, I've been playing a lot of various multiplayer games and listening to podcasts. However, I quickly ran out of things to listen to. It then dawned on me that there is an archive of every Bombcast ever recorded here on the site. Many of which I had never heard. So, I believe I will embark on attempting to listen to every Bombcast. At least until I get into the relatively recent ones I've heard.

So far I've listened to the three Arrow Pointing Down podcasts. They're rather amusing as the first one was recorded on Skype and the others are apparently just Ryan, Jeff, and Alex sitting around in Jeff's living room with no heating. Speaking of which I was rather shocked hearing Alex on the podcast so much at the beginning.

My favorite totally inaccurate prediction so far has to be all of them agreeing unqualified that Take Two would be absorbed by either EA or another publisher by the end of 2008.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By BraveToaster

Enjoy!

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Jimbo

Dude that's like... 300 hours of Bombcast.

edit:  Oh sweet Jesus I've spent ~300 hours of my life listening to the Bombcast!  Those charming bastards.

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CenturionCajun

I know right. You don't realize how much time you spend listening to the guys until you sit down and think about. Also, yes if I listen to one or two a day it'll take me...months.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#6  Edited By Yummylee

Good luck.

sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By sagesebas
@CenturionCajun: I've listened to alot of them I often search for a one I don't remember and can't do it
Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Djeffers03

Im pretty sure I've listen to a good 90% of them. However I often fall asleep half way through them, its really annoying to wake up with cables wrapped around your neck and probably quite dangerous :S

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Good luck on your glorious quest brave sir.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By jeanluc  Staff
@Jimbo said:
" Dude that's like... 300 hours of Bombcast.  edit:  Oh sweet Jesus I've spent ~300 hours of my life listening to the Bombcast!  Those charming bastards. "
And they got me to watch them play a game for 100 hours! They are charming indeed.
landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By landon

As being someone who has listened to every single one of their podcasts, some multiple times, this isn't that hard to acomplish. If you listen to 3-4 a day, you could probably get through all of them in 3 or 4 months.

mau64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By mau64

I would definitely spread it out and not try to do it in the week or so you have off. I couldn't stand them anymore lol.

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By CenturionCajun

Well, it's going to be more background noise. Playing over my computer's speakers while I run around in multiplayer games on my 360. After seeing how cool Monday Night Combat looks on TNT I'm thinking about picking that up.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#14  Edited By donutfever
@Jimbo said:
" Dude that's like... 300 hours of Bombcast.  edit:  Oh sweet Jesus I've spent ~300 hours of my life listening to the Bombcast!  Those charming bastards. "
Those charmingly garrulous bastards.
Tuggah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By Tuggah

Its not that hard.  Just put it one while you PC/game.

Avatar image for captaintightpants
CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I go through all of them and then restart listening to them because by the time i am finished i have forgotten everything about the earlier podcasts

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By pweidman

Beware the garrulous banter and have fun catching up.;)
Juvarial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#19  Edited By Juvarial

I have listened to them all 3 times now. 

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By CenturionCajun

Half the fun are the predictions and discussion of games that either were delayed, canceled or turned out horribly from what they are discussing. A good example would be their discussing GDC 2008 and how amazing APB looked.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21  Edited By LiquidPrince
@Jimbo said:
Hehe.
Jayzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#22  Edited By Jayzz

I got to GDC 2009 and gave up there! haha.

From there i just listened to the big casts (all the event ones, GOTY ones)
and listened to the most recent with Jeff Green... (wii ware was gold.)

so, good luck!

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By RE_Player1

I've probably listened to every Bombcast at least twice, hell I'm listening to a May 2009 podcast as we speak. Seriously though the Bombcast is the best podcast for me and even older episodes entertain me more than newer ones of other podcasts. 

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By CenturionCajun

Amusing moments and predictions from the 03-04-2008 Episode of the Arrow Pointing Down Podcast:
-The incredible enthusiasm for that week's release of Army of Two. (Not so much)
-Prediction that God of War: Chains of Olympus would come out on PS2 by fall 2008. (Never happened)
-Alex Navarro stating that a music game based around a single band was stupid. (He went on to help make Rock Band: Beatles)
-The prediction that there would be a Guitar Hero: Van Halen and it would feature the current line up and not the classic one. (Spot on)
-A passing joke that Guitar Hero's momentum would finally die somewhere around Guitar Hero 6. (Coming up this fall in the form of Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock) 
-Jeff and Ryan agreeing that dedicated fight sticks and controllers for Street Fighter 4 would never catch on and people would most likely use Tekken 5 sticks. (Huge market sprung up for fight sticks)

So, not so many accurate statements but still a fascinating snap shot of early 2008. Onward!

Edit: Added fight stick comment

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By CenturionCajun

Amusing moments and predictions from the 03-11-2008 Episode of the Giant Bombcast
-First podcast from the old Giant Bomb office.
-First appearance of the Giant Bombcast theme song.
-The Gatorade fetish continues.
-Jeff calling the Orbital Lounger for the new office. (Now broken and hated)
-Speculation of a new model X-Box 360 with an internal Blu Ray drive. (Never happened)
-Origin of the X-Box 360 HD-DVD Drive they were giving away to a listener. (And didn't send for months)
-Rampant enthusiasm for Mark Wahlberg as Max Payne. (Your mileage may very)
-Talk of Lionhead's Project Dimitri being touted by Molyneaux as going to appear on science and nature magazine covers. (First mention of Milo)
-Tony Hawk Innovation Plan. (First mention of Tony Hawk: Ride...ugh)
-Announcement that Obsidian was going to make a spy RPG. (First mention of Alpha Protocol)
-Jeff lays down the outline and reasons behind Giant Bomb's decision to use a five star rating system.

Lots of momentous occurrences and kind of cool that we were hearing about several major projects, albeit under codenames, this far out. Shows how long this stuff is in development.

biggblack86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#26  Edited By biggblack86

ive got about two weeks worth of continuous play of the bomcast... i dont know if i could go all the way back the beginning. scary shit.