• 130 results
#101 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

I'm not a fan of him or anything but it's going to be so awkward that I just can't not look forward to it

#102 Posted by GetEveryone (4458 posts) -

Hype.

#103 Posted by dudeglove (8165 posts) -

thupagangsta

#104 Posted by SaturdayNightSpecials (2431 posts) -

I really hope that doesn't happen. Both because it would be 10 times more awkward than the already-awkward developer interviews they've had, and because this thread indicates to me that there will be a gigantic inescapable community shitstorm as soon as it happens.

I would like a Jeff/Ice-T interview. I think that would work.

#105 Posted by Wodkaredbubu (30 posts) -

I am sorry for bringing this thread up, but while looking for the Giantbomb Twitch-Channel, Google came up with Ice-T for a suggestion.

So, any news on this whole "Ice-T will be a guest on the Bombcast"-thing? Did I miss something since then? I am sure I never heard anything regarding this on the podcast anymore, but maybe I missed out on some Forum-Topic or any Tweet which blew this thing off etc.

Again, sorry for bringing up this old topic, but I am just curious.

#106 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

I am sorry for bringing this thread up, but while looking for the Giantbomb Twitch-Channel, Google came up with Ice-T for a suggestion.

So, any news on this whole "Ice-T will be a guest on the Bombcast"-thing? Did I miss something since then? I am sure I never heard anything regarding this on the podcast anymore, but maybe I missed out on some Forum-Topic or any Tweet which blew this thing off etc.

Again, sorry for bringing up this old topic, but I am just curious.

Nothing new has been heard because everyone of the GB staff suddenly stopped talking about Ice-T and then the community decided to stop as well.
That's how it works around here, when people on the Bombcast say "Jump" you just jump and hope you please the masters :P

#107 Posted by CornBREDX (5845 posts) -

@wodkaredbubu: Ice T and games isn't a big thing anymore (or at least not talked about as much around here) so I doubt it. Plus this was 2 years ago.

And no, as far as I have seen Giantbomb has never done anything with Ice T. I do recall Ryan asking him, and never receiving a response.

#108 Posted by cloudnineboya (845 posts) -

they drink coffee now.

#109 Edited by HerpDerp (133 posts) -

@wodkaredbubu: Ice T and games isn't a big thing anymore (or at least not talked about as much around here) so I doubt it. Plus this was 2 years ago.

And no, as far as I have seen Giantbomb has never done anything with Ice T. I do recall Ryan asking him, and never receiving a response.

At the time he was appearing in Gears of War 3 too, now he's doing his weird reality TV show and pretty much nothing else.

#110 Edited by EvilNiGHTS (1093 posts) -

@cornbredx said:

If I remember right, around 2008/2009 or so (after it weirdly blew up that he was a massive COD fan) someone asked him on Twitter if he'd appear on the Bombcast. He agreed to it so Ryan got in touch, but because of the location difference (East/West coast divide!) it never materialised. While he was in LA promoting Gears 3 during E3 2011 Ryan gave it another shot but never got a response.

He's still got a few things going on. Obviously SVU keeps him fairly busy, The Art of Rap was worth watching last year, and he's apparently working towards a new Bodycount album now. Part of The Old Guard, sure, but this site is primarily written by people over thirty after all.

#111 Edited by CornBREDX (5845 posts) -

@herpderp said:

At the time he was appearing in Gears of War 3 too...

Ya, I know.

If I remember right, around 2008/2009 or so (after it weirdly blew up that he was a massive COD fan) someone asked him on Twitter if he'd appear on the Bombcast. He agreed to it so Ryan got in touch, but because of the location difference (East/West coast divide!) it never materialised. While he was in LA promoting Gears 3 during E3 2011 Ryan gave it another shot but never got a response.

He's still got a few things going on. Obviously SVU keeps him fairly busy, The Art of Rap was worth watching last year, and he's apparently working towards a new Bodycount album now. Part of The Old Guard, sure, but this site is primarily written by people over thirty after all.

I know about the first part, no clue what he does now but thus my point. 2-4 years is a long time. Things change, people move on with interests. He has real money to make so I don't think he really intends to keep pandering to the internet crowd. Or maybe he likes doing that, I don't know- I don't follow what he does haha. Only thing I ever saw him in was Johnny Mnemonic, and I was never a fan of his music (there was a divide there, often either you liked Ice-T or Ice Cube in the 90s- not that that is always the case).

My point is, he has no reason to be on the Bombcast now, and never was on anything with them. They did try multiple times to get him, and even attempted on at least one TNT to play with him when streaming COD: MW was still something they did (before they began considering it boring to do that) but nothing ever came of any of their attempts. =)

#112 Posted by JasonR86 (9764 posts) -

I really, really hope it isn't awkward and uncomfortable.

#113 Edited by ProfessorEss (7473 posts) -

Man I loved Ice-T but hearing him talk these days is a little... uh, I don't quite know how to put it.

#114 Posted by EvilNiGHTS (1093 posts) -

@cornbredx: Agreed. I still think it'd be neat, but the Zeitgeist of "Ice-T is into games" is well over at this point.

#115 Posted by bemusedchunk (711 posts) -
#116 Posted by EvilNiGHTS (1093 posts) -

@bemusedchunk: Well, she's certainly not an unworthy guest, but you'd probably have to fly Alex in just to get any mileage out of it.

#117 Posted by JJWeatherman (14564 posts) -

@cornbredx said:

I want to say the idea actually originated in one of Ice-T's livestreams. People started asking him all sorts of questions about Giant Bomb. He even gave a blind shoutout to "Ryan Davis, and Jeff..." which was pretty great, since it was obvious that he didn't want to take a stab at pronouncing Gerstmann.

Then I asked him awhile after that via Twitter:

Unfortunate that it never happened, but ah well.

#118 Posted by EvilNiGHTS (1093 posts) -

In retrospect it's probably for the best. Can you really imagine Ice-T sitting there for 2-3 hours while Brad talks about DOTA and Jeff reads through a list of Nintendo eShop releases?

In the end, Ice is probably into games more than most celebrities (at least in a way we know about), but it's still in a somewhat realistic and very mainstream capacity. He's hardly going to woo you with his favourite obscure Mega Drive JRPG, or blow your mind with his frustrations on what is or isn't supported by Dosbox yet. He probably doesn't have an opinion on Yelp reviews and his advice on parenting isn't going to help Vinny much. May as well just leave him be...

#119 Edited by planetary (355 posts) -

The Xbone is a whole console of eShop vindication. The Redmond train is pulling into the station!

(Nevertheless: fuck those guys. #teamps4)

#120 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

@marokai said:

@RiotBananas

said:

" I just don't understand the love for Ice T, he's barely black enough to act as 'gangsta' as he does and he's just an old man who couldn't rap. "

Jeff and Ryan like him. Thus, dozens and dozens of giant bombers follow.

Two years later and this is still how things work lol.

#121 Edited by OurSin_360 (943 posts) -

This would have been amazing, would love the cypher with him and Jeff the rap man

#122 Edited by wjb (1689 posts) -

I like Ice-T, but why go through the trouble when John Vignocchi can do Ice-T so much better?

"I'm fightin' grizzly bears."

#123 Edited by Max_Cherry (1151 posts) -

cop killer

#124 Posted by TooWalrus (13255 posts) -

That time has passed, Gearrs 3 & that weird Ice-T fad have come and gone.

It was weird hearing the Bombcast guys talk about him anyway- I've never heard any of his music, I only knew him from Special Victim's Unit (though him & Richard Belzer are fucking awesome together on that show).

#125 Edited by csl316 (9272 posts) -

Shame it didn't go down. Would've rivaled when Don King and 50 Cent appeared on Three Red Lights.

#126 Edited by sethshandor (90 posts) -

Ice T falls in the same category of Rob Zombie and John Waters for me: I'm not particularly a fan of their work, but I think they're cool, interesting people. I'd love to hear him on the show.

#127 Edited by Jachin (47 posts) -

They should have Paul F Tompkins as Ice T instead.

#128 Edited by geirr (2680 posts) -

Eh.. might be fun? I don't have much of a relationship with Ice T but if Johnny V is there it can't be bad.

#129 Edited by Milkman (17204 posts) -

@riotbananas said:

I just don't understand the love for Ice T, he's barely black enough to act as 'gangsta' as he does and he's just an old man who couldn't rap.

I know it's 2 years old but I just want to point out how dumb this comment is. "Barely black enough?" What the hell does that even mean? Does your skin need to be a certain shade to be "gangsta?"

EDIT: Oops, looks like I already pointed this out awhile ago on page 2. Still, I never got my answer.

#130 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4981 posts) -

@milkman said:

@riotbananas said:

I just don't understand the love for Ice T, he's barely black enough to act as 'gangsta' as he does and he's just an old man who couldn't rap.

I know it's 2 years old but I just want to point out how dumb this comment is. "Barely black enough?" What the hell does that even mean? Does your skin need to be a certain shade to be "gangsta?"

EDIT: Oops, looks like I already pointed this out awhile ago on page 2. Still, I never got my answer.

Hahaha. Riotbananas' asinine comment continues on!