• 96 results
#1 Posted by indigo0086 (5 posts) -

I used to enjoy listening to Ryan give the nintendo downloadable releases.  His consistent delivery of the ridiculous and long-winded game descriptions in a consistent and steadily rising tone.  Now that Jeff has taken over it's just LOUD!  It doesn't particularly have the same nature as the one before and it's really the only part of the show I have to skip past because I just can't tolerate it.  Anyone else feel the same?

#2 Posted by AjayRaz (12416 posts) -

i know what you mean, but i still really enjoy it. the anime old school RPG thingy he did last week in that one voice had me in stitches. 

#3 Posted by Rockanomics (1150 posts) -

But, but the voices!

#4 Posted by Dork_Metamorphosis (251 posts) -

Actually I really dig it.  I'm sure he'll run out of voices eventually and they'll do something else.

#5 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19305 posts) -

I'm not that into it, but I still listen to it.  Perhaps that section will follow the route of the 'taste tests'.

#6 Posted by supermike6 (3530 posts) -

I like the voices he does. I thought Ryan was rather dry.

#7 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

I like it most of the time but honestly, not a thing to ask for a change about because it is not that big of a deal

#8 Posted by indigo0086 (5 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" I'm not that into it, but I still listen to it.  Perhaps that section will follow the route of the 'taste tests'. "
Perhaps.  I'm not saying I never want the segment to end, just that it was done better by Ryan.  I'm sure something is on the horizon, but I hate skipping through large sections of the podcast.
#9 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5058 posts) -

I like it.

#10 Posted by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -

It's kind of hit and miss.  Sometimes it's pretty funny, sometimes it's just long and loud. 

#11 Posted by ReyGitano (2467 posts) -

Dr. Tracksuit doesn't appreciate your sentiment.

#12 Posted by natetodamax (19169 posts) -

It's one of my favorite parts of the show. I love the crazy voices he does.

#13 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

They're both pretty good.

#14 Posted by VirtuaXav (449 posts) -

I love Jeff doing it. It really makes a potentially boring section of the bombast one of the highlights.

I think it's be good if they change it up every now and then. Maybe swap every season? Or even get Vinny to do em? I wonder how he'd go...?

#15 Posted by Origina1Penguin (3500 posts) -

I like the impersonations most of the time. Very entertaining.

#16 Posted by yakov456 (1896 posts) -

To each his own, I find Jeff doing it to be far more entertaining.

#17 Posted by buzz_clik (6892 posts) -
@supermike6 said:
" I like the voices he does. I thought Ryan was rather dry. "
So did Ryan, that's why he palmed it off to Jeff!
#18 Posted by RavenX302 (258 posts) -

I don't even listen past news, if I listen at all.

#19 Posted by ch3burashka (4992 posts) -

Well, you can get the hell out.

#20 Posted by Soapy86 (2619 posts) -

Hmm...the Nintendo downloadable stuff is by far my least favorite part of the show. It was funny at first when Ryan did and it was funny at first when Jeff took over, but I feel like there are much more interesting things they could do with that time than talk about games no one gives a shit about.

#21 Posted by Catarrhal (818 posts) -

Jeff's voice-over is a major improvement. What's more important to consider is this, however: does anyone actually own a DSi?

#22 Posted by chstupid (806 posts) -

I hope they take turns mabye have Vinny do them next seson or something. 
#23 Edited by RogueBadger (9 posts) -
@Soapy86 said:
I feel like there are much more interesting things they could do with that time than talk about games no one gives a shit about. "

I prefer the descriptions of the games that I couldn't care less about, they are the ones with the most hilarious descriptions. I feel that the section looses something when the blurb of the game is decently written.    
#24 Posted by Chango (502 posts) -

Nope, I fucking love it. The episode where he talked about Zenonia made me lose it.

#25 Posted by rjayb89 (7716 posts) -

This is our energy drinks segment now.

#26 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -

That's why I skip that part. 

#27 Posted by dougbrit2 (52 posts) -

Who doesn't love Mommy, Daddy, Billy and Sara (Yeah I forgot all the correct names by now) but its entertaining, I always have the bombcast on while I'm doing other things like homework or errands so sometimes I don't tune in when the Nintendo stuff comes by, but when I do I enjoy Jeff's quirky interpretation.

#28 Posted by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -

You is da crazy!

#29 Posted by JJWeatherman (14556 posts) -

I agree that Ryan did it much better. I just like Ryan's style I guess. Seems like Jeff's trying too hard. It's funny when Ryan would just read them like he was depressed and then comment on how obviously shitty the games are. 

It's all good though. Everything works its self out eventually.

#30 Posted by MikkaQ (10264 posts) -

I dunno, that kindof stuff doesn't bother me enough to skip it, plus Jeff does have some funny voices, though I noticed he rotates through like... 5 of them.

#31 Edited by bartok (2406 posts) -

Highlight of the show for me.  If you hate them, complain to Nintendo for releasing shitty DLC content. Remember when Nintendo had the Quality Assurance symbol ? Neither do I.

#32 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -
@natetodamax said:
" It's one of my favorite parts of the show. I love the crazy voices he does. "
#33 Posted by Legend (2646 posts) -
@Chango
Nope, I fucking love it. The episode where he talked about Zenonia made me lose it.
Do you remember which episode was that?
#34 Posted by LordAndrew (14417 posts) -
@bartok said:
" Highlight of the show for me.  If you hate them, complain to Nintendo for releasing shitty DLC content. Remember when Nintendo had the Quality Assurance symbol ? Neither do I. "
Quality assurance? All the seal means is that it's officially licensed software. Nothing more.
#35 Posted by Chango (502 posts) -
@Legend

Sept. 28 episode
#36 Posted by Hailinel (23685 posts) -
@LordAndrew said:
" @bartok said:
" Highlight of the show for me.  If you hate them, complain to Nintendo for releasing shitty DLC content. Remember when Nintendo had the Quality Assurance symbol ? Neither do I. "
Quality assurance? All the seal means is that it's officially licensed software. Nothing more. "
This.  The entire Official Seal of Quality was mostly a marketing tool from the days when the idea of the console maker forcing companies to put their games through a certification process was a new concept.
#37 Posted by JSUMAN (127 posts) -

It's hit or miss.  I liked the way Ryan did more, but I tend to love dry delivery measurably more than most people.  I consider Noam Chomsky to be one of the 20th century's greatest public speakers. 

It's all hibber-jabber.  I vote Brad does it next.

#38 Posted by Gamer_152 (14051 posts) -

I love Jeff doing the Nintendo downloadable releases, I've found it to be one of the most consistently funny parts of the show.

#39 Posted by Zidane_24 (738 posts) -
@Soapy86 said:
" Hmm...the Nintendo downloadable stuff is by far my most favorite part of the show. "
Fixed.
#40 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

Well I enjoy both versions of it. I just love how every week I can guarantee i'll laugh.

#41 Posted by Depressing_Wizard (186 posts) -

I love it, and certainly more than the way it was originally done. It may just be my favourite part of the podcast.

#42 Edited by audiosnag (1604 posts) -

I liked Ryan doing it but i think Jeff does it better.
I find myself laughing more often then not.

I mean cmon..this is hilarious
#43 Posted by jimmy5150 (122 posts) -
@audiosnag: Yeah, My Exotic Farm was definitely the high point. 

I don't know I really like Jeff doing the new releases about 80% of the time.  The only problem that I have is sometimes when I try to listen to the bombcast while falling asleep, his new release voices wake me up about an hour later.
#44 Posted by jkz (3999 posts) -

I preferred it when Ryan read them, but Ryan just straight-up stopped reading most of the descriptions at one point. I'd prefer Jeff's loud delivery of all of them, than missing most of them with Ryan.

#45 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

Both Ryan and Jeff's delivery have been entertaining. I just wonder at what point they realised talking about that stuff was pointless and completely turned it into a joke. Probably the second week, I imagine.

#46 Posted by ZacBoon (37 posts) -

I don't mind it.

#47 Posted by SuperfluousMoniker (2906 posts) -

Sometimes he overdoes it a bit, but that's kind of the point. It's usually pretty damn funny.

#48 Posted by fei0x (111 posts) -

I think part of the problem is that the segment is too long, they should just pick one or two to do and end it there.

#49 Posted by CaptainObvious (2992 posts) -

I love it, it's my favorite part of the bombcast.

#50 Posted by sagesebas (2003 posts) -
@indigo0086: I think it is alright, if sometimes in bad taste, he is funny sometimes and other times so much, I really just don't like the new releases section in general