This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by killr0y (114 posts) -

I've read some things in the forums recently that frankly scare the piss out of me. Some people are really obsessed with the Bombcast crew, nonchalantly admitting how they are a major part of their lives, stopping short of idol worship. Now for me, this represents the same kind of mindset that grows attached to a specific console manufacturer, game developer, etc. where they fabricate this kinship that is completely in their heads. These folks play what-if scenarios, convincing themselves that if they met Vinny or Jeff on the street, how they would be 'cool' with that and buy them a beer or whatever and would most certainly not 'freak out'. I don't want to sound alarmist, but these are the same types of folks who stalk celebrities, some of which go on to straight-up murder people.

I get that people on here are excited for the bombcast, and maybe wish these guys could be their neighbors because maybe you feel a bit lonely that you have no close friends who get excited about gaming like you do... But I have to say when you get to this point, you are exhibiting signs of addicition, and addiction isn't good. Sometimes you have to take a break, try new things even if they don't excite you like games do. And I say this as a friend to you, and as someone who really doesn't want to be associated with a 'scene' that includes people who get aroused when Ryan Davis has sweat pouring down his face from playing Happy Action Theater with the Doublefine crew.

#2 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

And this was a passage from "Tales of an addict" I believe in you man. But joking aside where have you seen this? I haven't. I think most bombers would be excited to meet the crew. But not be obsessed with them.

#3 Posted by Animasta (14651 posts) -

no one got aroused when ryan was playing DFHAT sequel though?

I mean brad & Vinny weren't there

#4 Posted by WMWA (1160 posts) -

Yeah...I...I dunno. It's not me, so I tend to overlook it/not care

#5 Posted by dungbootle (2457 posts) -

I've never seen this? They're cool people and the userbase acknowledges it, that's all. You don't know true internet insanity if you think the GB community is obsessive.

#6 Posted by GJSmitty (651 posts) -

This just reminds me of that fan...story that some monster will probably post in this thread, which will only make more people scarred from it.

#7 Posted by spartanlolz92 (511 posts) -

well the ryan fanfiction we had awhile ago was pretty scary..... I like to believe it was a troll the likes of which i have never seen....

#8 Posted by Aronman789 (2676 posts) -

Some dudes are too defensive about the crew, but I've seen nothing that could be called obsession. You're overreacting.

#9 Posted by Bocam (3681 posts) -

Post the fan fic. Post the fan fic. Post the fan fic. Post the fan fic. Post the fan fic. Post the fan fic.Post the fan fic.Post the fan fic.Post the fan fic.IPost the fan fic.the fan fic.the fan fic.the fan fic.havethe fan fic.the fan fic.the fan fic.the fan fic.the fan fic.nothe fan fic.the fan fic.the fan fic.the fan fic.fan fic.ideafan fic.fan fic.fan fic.fan fic.fan fic.fan fic.fan fic.fan fic.fan fic. of what you're talking about

#10 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -

Just fuck off killr0y, stop pretending youre above all these people.  

#11 Posted by killr0y (114 posts) -

@Aronman789 said:

Some dudes are too defensive about the crew, but I've seen nothing that could be called obsession. You're overreacting.

There was a dude in the latest Monday thread that stated the GB crew were a big part of his her life... that's basically a direct quote. Then a raging thread about love/hate of Klepick. Some people also flat-out admit they don't come here or listen to the Bombcast for the gaming content. WTF else of a reason do you have to listen to 4-5 guys BSing like they are hanging out together on a weekend aside from the game industry opines and occasional humorous tangent?

#12 Posted by GorillaMoPena (1955 posts) -

No I don't have a sculpture of Vinny's head made out of Starburst.

STOP ASKING

#13 Posted by killr0y (114 posts) -

@the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG said:

Looks like I found one of 'em. :P

#14 Posted by Bocam (3681 posts) -

@killr0y said:

No, you're just a dick.

#15 Posted by pyromagnestir (4253 posts) -

So what if I tape a picture of the face of each member of the bomb crews face to my pillows that I sleep with every night? I'm not hurting anybody leave me alone!

And if you're curious, tonight it's Jeff Gerstpillow's turn for snuggling. Last night it was me and Brad Pillowmaker.

#16 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

@killr0y said:

No, you just sound a little douchie.

#17 Posted by Aronman789 (2676 posts) -

@killr0y said:

Some people also flat-out admit they don't come here or listen to the Bombcast for the gaming content. WTF else of a reason do you have to listen to 4-5 guys BSing like they are hanging out together on a weekend aside from the game industry opines and occasional humorous tangent?

I'm assuming you've never heard of concepts like comedy, laughter, or having a good time? The dudes are funny when they get off topic. It really isn't a very complicated notion.

#18 Edited by Gamer_152 (14058 posts) -

Okay, this is getting locked. Rational and respectful discussion about the community is fine, crapping on the people who really enjoy the Bombcast and comparing them to addicts, stalkers and murderers is just insulting and acts as flame-bait. What's more this thread is just turning into people flinging insults back and forth. This doesn't need to be a thing.