iTunes and the Bombcast?

Vitefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Vitefish

How long is the delay from when the guys post the Bombcast to when it is available on iTunes? I want to download the Bombcast, but it is not on there. So how long do I usually have to wait for iTunes?

edit: Is there a way to download it without using iTunes? I know there is a button on the Bombcast saying download mp3, but it brings me to a quicktime stream.

ShadowKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By ShadowKiller

Yeah the past 2 weeks especially I wanted the bombcast to show up on itunes and I just ended up going to bed and waiting for it the next morning. If anyone knows how long it usually takes that would be appreciated.

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Lies

Click the download button, then go to hit ctrl-s or command+s (depending on your OS) to save the mp3 fil3.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By JJOR64
@Lies said:
" Click the download button, then go to hit ctrl-s or command+s (depending on your OS) to save the mp3 fil3. "

Vitefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Vitefish

Thanks. I got it working but still does anybody know how long I would have to wait for iTunes?

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Pazy

I like to use the RSS feed but Ive had to start using direct download (or at least tinyurl it) because it stopped working on my PSP since they updated it.

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By dethfish

I am listening to it on iTunes right now. Every week it is on iTunes almost the same time as it's up here, for me anyways.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By Ineedaname
@Dethfish77 said:
" I am listening to it on iTunes right now. Every week it is on iTunes almost the same time as it's up here, for me anyways. "
What this guy says downloading it now from itunes, and throwing it on the iphone, so I can clean my bathroom at 4am, how awesome is my day?!
fresh2deafbill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By fresh2deafbill

i've never noticed a delay with the normal itunes store, i download it from there at the same time they post it on the site. but i have noticed a large delay with the itunes wi-fi store.

Vitefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Vitefish

It's still not up on iTunes for me, and I'm using my normal desktop.

ShadowKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By ShadowKiller
@Strongba1 said:
" It's still not up on iTunes for me, and I'm using my normal desktop. "
Mine downloaded 20 minutes ago without showing up in the itunes store.. maybe you should try checking to see if yours did that too.
Vitefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Vitefish

I'm not subscribed yet. I don't use iTunes that much and I just started listening to the Bombcast. *gasp!*

I already have the Bombcast using direct download, but I just wanted to know how long it would take using itunes, because that is my primary source for podcasts.

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By dethfish
@Strongba1 said:
"It's still not up on iTunes for me, and I'm using my normal desktop."

Are you subscribed to the Bombcast? If you are, all you should have to do is hit the refresh button at the bottom of the podcast section and it will download.
Vitefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Vitefish

Okay, now I feel really stupid. I just subscribed to the Bombcast, and I just downloaded it. Thanks though for all the help.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Wolverine
@Strongba1 said:
" Thanks. I got it working but still does anybody know how long I would have to wait for iTunes? "
There is very little delay between the time it is posted and the time it is available. A half an hour the most.
jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#16  Edited By jeff
@Strongba1: Sounds like you figured it out by subscribing, but yeah, the Apple listing is totally out of our control. That thing updates whenever Apple decides to hit the same feed that you are now subscribed to. When you subscribe, you hit our servers directly and will always get the latest list of shows.

The only bummer is for people trying to download the podcast directly from their iPhones, because it doesn't have any subscription functionality at all. Those guys are at the mercy of Apple.
TheAdmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By TheAdmin

I'm at the mercy and it sucks! I just want to download from my iPhone and enjoy it. DAMN YOU APPLE!!