#1 Posted by PollySMPS (222 posts) -

The forum ate the last version I'd put up here, so with permission from a moderator I'm reposting it.

Just a little something dorky I put together Saturday night to honor Jeff and his adoration and enjoyment of the music in the New Super Mario Bros. series, as displayed on last Tuesday's Bombcast.

#2 Posted by Morningstar (2150 posts) -

Hehehe, hilarious. Much appreciated =)

#3 Posted by Soap (3577 posts) -

Nice one, did you have to change the pitch on jeff much? Or had he got the note spot on?

#4 Posted by Rafaelfc (1328 posts) -

awesome!

#6 Posted by Dogma (946 posts) -

I think all this talk about Wahwah music in the New Mario games is kinda stupid and has got out of hand since Jeff lifted the subject in the podcast and therefore manage to get half of the community to try to drive the "meme" into the fucking ground as this community does so well. BUT this was quite cool and I actuallt smiled when I listened to it! Good work! ^^

#7 Posted by SamStrife (1282 posts) -

@Dogma said:

I think all this talk about Wahwah music in the New Mario games is kinda stupid and has got out of hand since Jeff lifted the subject in the podcast and therefore manage to get half of the community to try to drive the "meme" into the fucking ground as this community does so well. BUT this was quite cool and I actuallt smiled when I listened to it! Good work! ^^

Yeah I'm pretty much thinking the exact same thing.

#8 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3198 posts) -

Haha pretty good. All we need now is a dubstep version.

#9 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

Genius. Now jeff has become one with that which he despises.

#10 Posted by ApolloBob (570 posts) -

I totally accept that I love this - just should I love it THIS much???????

#11 Posted by Hector (3359 posts) -

Haha, this is great. Wah, Wah!

#12 Posted by august (3836 posts) -

IT'S SUCKING OUT MY SOUL

#13 Posted by A_Cute_Squirtle (685 posts) -

Another reason to love this community.

#14 Posted by Little_Socrates (5675 posts) -

@Dogma said:

I definitely don't think the conversation needs to continue any farther than it has, though I was still shocked to discover what I had on the NSMB2 soundtrack. We got a couple of good things out of the whole scenario, though, including this video. Thanks so much,

#15 Posted by Sneeze (90 posts) -

Well that's a new ringtone right there

#16 Posted by Peanut (953 posts) -

@Dogma said:

Agreed. It's both the best and the absolute fucking worst thing about this community.

#17 Posted by Gamer_152 (14070 posts) -

This is kind of great.

#18 Posted by Killercombo (220 posts) -

I just like the way he said it was sucking out his soul, not the words: just how he said it. It made me laugh.

#19 Posted by Fattony12000 (7288 posts) -

Wah?

#20 Posted by JasonR86 (9657 posts) -

I can't believe I listened to that whole fucking thing.

#21 Posted by Cybexx (1165 posts) -

If only the WiiU had custom soundtracks.

#22 Posted by Kung_Fu_Viking (702 posts) -

This is pretty great.

#23 Posted by rachelepithet (1391 posts) -

So how many games have used the wah wahs in them so far? And is it always the same little island guitar composition? I feel like I've heard that same song (not just the wahs) in SM Sunshine, Galaxy, NSMB DS, 3D Land, NSMB2, and the WiiU quick look.

#24 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

Awesome job again! Wah Wah is go!

#25 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4338 posts) -

I would have been in line for a Wii U and Mario if Jeff was hired to voice the "wahs"

#26 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11621 posts) -

I still approve of this thread and your efforts.

#27 Posted by pyromagnestir (4291 posts) -

What's this? I'm feeling some serious De-wah!-vu over here...

Sorry. I'll show myself out.

#28 Posted by iceman228433 (616 posts) -

Nice job

#29 Posted by TheLastNeo (440 posts) -

lol.. so good. Thanks for posting.

#30 Posted by Xeirus (1297 posts) -

I know Jeff would hate this, and that makes it even funnier. Good job!

#31 Posted by SSully (4153 posts) -

This is fantastic, good job

#32 Posted by Meepasaurus (213 posts) -

I remember playing NSMB Wii a few years ago, and my sister walked into the room and asked, "Does that music play during every level? It kind of makes me want to kill myself." Also great job with the song, haha.

#33 Posted by KevinK (198 posts) -

@Dogma said:

wah wah

#34 Posted by evanbower (1210 posts) -

@boocreepyfootdoctor said:

So how many games have used the wah wahs in them so far? And is it always the same little island guitar composition? I feel like I've heard that same song (not just the wahs) in SM Sunshine, Galaxy, NSMB DS, 3D Land, NSMB2, and the WiiU quick look.

The problem really began with New Super Mario Bros. Wii, although it was in the original NSMB DS game to a lesser extent. It should definitely be pointed out that Sunshine, the Galaxy games, and 3D Land are Wah-less, and actually have incredible soundtracks. But yeah, thankfully that particular musical choice has stuck to the "New" games, and hopefully it will stay that way if not stop altogether.

#35 Posted by BisonHero (6435 posts) -

@KevinK said:

@Dogma said:

wah wah

...wah wah.

#36 Posted by rachelepithet (1391 posts) -

Just watched a DS NSMB1 endurance play on youtube and not only is it the ways, but the same do do do do dute dute do dooooo composition AND they took the underground theme from real SMB and put wahs in it, too.

#37 Posted by kunoh (57 posts) -

My new ringtone :P

#38 Posted by EXTomar (4670 posts) -

Would that mean this is double the wrongness or rightness?

#39 Edited by Catarrhal (826 posts) -

@Dogma said:

I think all this … got out of hand since Jeff lifted the subject in the podcast and … [got] half of the community to try to drive the "meme" into the fucking ground.

Speaking for myself, I've hated the vocal synth sounds ever since they first appeared in 2006, so much so that I chose to avoid the New Super Mario Bros. series altogether. So I'm glad to see that someone like Jeff has finally taken a similar stance. If the entire Giant Bomb community somehow never noticed the travesty until now, then they should consider that a blessing.

@boocreepyfootdoctor said:

So how many games have used the wah wahs in them so far?

It's exclusive to the New Super Mario Bros. offshoot. Those four games are practically defined by it.

#41 Posted by Dprotp (47 posts) -

@PollySMPS said:

@Catarrhal: If I'm not mistaken, and I may be since it's been a while since I played it, I think the "wah"s or a very similar synth sound might actually date back to Super Mario 64's star select screen. Granted, that's nowhere near as overkill as it is today, but if I'm remembering it right, that may have been the genesis.

..dear god

you're right. when that screen pops up, we are greeted with "bah-bah bah bah-bah bah," the intro/hook/whatever of the super mario bros. theme

#42 Posted by Gaff (1711 posts) -

@PollySMPS said:

@Catarrhal: If I'm not mistaken, and I may be since it's been a while since I played it, I think the "wah"s or a very similar synth sound might actually date back to Super Mario 64's star select screen. Granted, that's nowhere near as overkill as it is today, but if I'm remembering it right, that may have been the genesis.

... Goddammit.

#44 Posted by BBQBram (2221 posts) -

Well this is clearly a work of genius. I'm starting to like the music in these games based solely on it's ability to piss people off!

#45 Posted by FCDRandy (219 posts) -

Ridiculous and hilarious. Ridicularious.

#46 Posted by JNeam (77 posts) -

Well done.

*claps*

#47 Posted by TheHT (11132 posts) -

I'd buy a Wii U to buy New Super Mario Bros if this was the music in it. It doesn't get old!

#48 Posted by SoloReX (59 posts) -
#49 Posted by BisonHero (6435 posts) -
#50 Posted by WolfHazard (465 posts) -

On my iphone in EVERY playlist I have so no matter what when I shuffle one in the car or at a party this comes on. Thank you