• -1 results
#1 Posted by ZanzibarBreeze (3069 posts) -

The Jeff Green Bombcast episode is the funniest Bombcast episode to this date, at least for my money. It's not just because of Granddad; everybody as a whole was firing on all cylinders. The whole Jeff Green Dance Central dancing thing, and then the Nintendo new releases reading. Although, to be fair, perhaps it's just because the new releases this week were absolutely amazing. Amazingly terrible, that is.

You thought the Bombcast couldn't get better than it already is. You were wrong. (Unless you didn't think that, in which case, you were right.)

#2 Posted by Shirogane (3563 posts) -

Could've been better. No Vinny? Fail...
#3 Posted by Castro (950 posts) -

I agree completely. I know that it will never happen, but I think that they should hire Jeff Green at Giant Bomb. One of the main reasons he left 1UP.com was that he missed doing print (after CGW Magazine was shuttered) and he wasn't all that interested in doing web stuff, but boy howdy would he fit in with the Giant Bomb aesthetic. He's a goddamn legend in the gaming journalism industry and it would be awesome to have him here. He could be the head PC guy or something. Dave and Andy do PC stuff from time to time, but maybe he could be the primary PC guy. I don't know. It will never happen, but it would be amazing.

#4 Posted by Castro (950 posts) -
@Shirogane: Jeff Green and Vinny the Intern would likely be the best combo ever. I seriously hope that Jeff Green is at the Giant Bomb PAX panel.
#5 Posted by GioVANNI (1285 posts) -

Yeah, Jeff Green is hilarious.

#6 Posted by JJOR64 (18916 posts) -

While it was a great Bombcast, I still love the first PAX Bombcast the most.

#7 Posted by Nentisys (886 posts) -

Good podcast, nowhere near the best imo.

#8 Posted by PenKaizen (49 posts) -

Dudes fucking nasally voice was so annoying.
Though this is GB so the userbase will go along with pretty much any flow.

#9 Edited by ZanzibarBreeze (3069 posts) -
@PenKaizen said:

" Dudes fucking nasally voice was so annoying. Though this is GB so the userbase will go along with pretty much any flow. "

Actually, I think you'll find many people, myself included, have been following Jeff Green since the old 1UP days, since around 2007 for GFW Radio. Jeff Green is not a trend. Jeff Green is a machine unto himself.
#10 Posted by mylifeforAiur (3482 posts) -

I still would've preferred more Vinny ;) 

#11 Posted by CannonGoose (372 posts) -

Definitely needed more Vinny™ the Intern® but it was still absolutely hilarious... And XXL in size!

#12 Posted by Icemael (6312 posts) -

It's the funniest one in a while, but far, far from the funniest ever.

#13 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

Am I a complete asshole for listening to this then hoping Shawn Elliot gets fired so the old podcast can start up again? 
Yes, yes I am. But I know other people are thinking it too.

#14 Edited by ryanwho (12082 posts) -
@ZanzibarBreeze said:

" @PenKaizen said:

" Dudes fucking nasally voice was so annoying. Though this is GB so the userbase will go along with pretty much any flow. "

Actually, I think you'll find many people, myself included, have been following Jeff Green since the old 1UP days, since around 2007 for GFW Radio. Jeff Green is not a trend. Jeff Green is a machine unto himself. "
"Know-nothing knowitall" would be a great custom title for this Pen fellow if the forum had them.
#15 Posted by bwmcmaste (838 posts) -
@Nentisys said:
" Good podcast, nowhere near the best imo. "
Since I've only been listening to the Bombcast for the past several months; I can only opine that the E3 Bombcasts have been my personal favorite to date. "Gonna put you in an orange jumpsuit in Riker's", for example.
#16 Posted by ajamafalous (11871 posts) -

It's probably not even in my top 10 Bombcasts.

#17 Edited by CannonGoose (372 posts) -

Foreshadowing! And also awesome!
#18 Posted by CaptainObvious (2995 posts) -

Nah, not really.

#19 Posted by NoDeath (798 posts) -

I hesitate to call it the best ever but far and away the best one in a while. The wii and dsi-ware reading was amazing.

#20 Posted by JJWeatherman (14557 posts) -

This thread makes me want to listen to it again. It was pretty freakin good.

#21 Posted by BergDK (270 posts) -

I thought it was below average... sick of hearing about Starcraft 2 and having Jeff Green read the wii/ dsi ware was not a success...

Jeff Green is awesome though.

#22 Posted by Cramsy (1164 posts) -
@JJOR64 said:
" While it was a great Bombcast, I still love the first PAX Bombcast the most. "
This and Jared Rea podcasts.  

But it was an amazing episode. Makes for some awesome and distracting SCII background music 
#23 Posted by AlisterCat (5489 posts) -

I thought it was an excellent episode. I don't really care if it was the funniest or whatever, I don't think like that. All I know is I would definitely like him to come back.

#24 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

I missed Vinny. :(
#25 Posted by Finstern (639 posts) -
@McGhee_the_Insomniac said:
" I missed Vinny. :( "
#26 Posted by Jadeskye (4367 posts) -

Great bombcast, green's a funny guy.

#27 Posted by ArcLyte (881 posts) -

as you wish.

#28 Posted by Kung_Fu_Viking (697 posts) -

It was a good episode! Did miss Vinny the intern's soothing tones, however! xD

#29 Posted by Matfei90 (1288 posts) -

I still maintain Vinny's unauthorised deployment of the cunt-nuke as the Bombcast's defining moment.

Jeff Green was funny, but I need some Vinny in my weekly podcast!

#30 Posted by BrokenCage (121 posts) -

Going to throw my hat in the "Jeff Green needs to be on the bombcast" ring. The dude's got charisma oozing from his pores, and then some.
#31 Posted by destruktive (1069 posts) -

It's a great episode,  Indeed!

#32 Posted by XenoNick (1390 posts) -

It was an wicked episode. Even though it left me looking like and idiot when i was walking around gamestation laughing my head off.

#33 Posted by MaFoLu (1858 posts) -

Maybe not the funniest ever, but it was pretty damn funny.

#34 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6987 posts) -

Yeah, probably one of the funniest I've listen to in a while.

#35 Posted by anibee (17 posts) -

I love Jeff Green and his voice. Can't stop thinking about how he would sound while trying to be tender with his wife.

#36 Posted by gingertastic_10 (4141 posts) -

Haven't finished it fully but the October 13th bombcast is the funniest, ever.

#37 Posted by natetodamax (19177 posts) -

I laughed so hard when Brad made a comment about the "colored robots" in Monday Night Combat and Ryan just completely blew it up in his face. 

"So you're saying it's 3/5's of a regular robot?" - Jeff Gerstmann.

#39 Posted by JeanLuc (3574 posts) -
@ryanwho said:
" Am I a complete asshole for listening to this then hoping Shawn Elliot gets fired so the old podcast can start up again? Yes, yes I am. But I know other people are thinking it too. "
We can be assholes together then, because I hope for the same thing.
#40 Posted by RobotHamster (4171 posts) -

If only Vinny was there :(

#41 Posted by ninjakiller (3405 posts) -
@RobotHamster said:
" If only Vinny was there :( "
#42 Posted by Gamer_152 (14058 posts) -

I don't think it was the funniest one to date but it was definitely one of the best. If only Vinny had been there.

#43 Posted by JackSukeru (5906 posts) -

It was definetly top-10 for best podcast ever for me.

#44 Posted by pepper (304 posts) -

For me, the best is pushing it. It was a really good one, but the first PAX, plus the first one with Leigh Alexander are still the two that stand above all the rest.

#45 Posted by CptBedlam (4449 posts) -

It was good, but by far not the funniest ever.

Jeff Green had some interesting things to say I completely agree with. 

(he messed up the nintendo releases though ... but I never really cared much about that section anyway)

#46 Posted by MasturbatingBear (1781 posts) -

I didn't know who he was when I saw a forum post about him being on it. In that topic a bunch of people posted links to funny things he has done in the past and I thought he was awesome. So I started listening to his old podcast a little bit. Its great.

#47 Posted by Raven_Sword (3438 posts) -

I think the episode was one part jeff green and two parts terrible, terrible DSI ware releases.
#48 Posted by buzz_killington (3532 posts) -

Nah son, the Johny V/Adam Boyes ones are the funniest.

#50 Posted by FLStyle (4599 posts) -

I'm pretty indifferent to this week's bombcast. Until listening I'd never heard of this Jeff Green gent. His Vinny the Intern stuff was pretty funny and he seemed very knowledgeable during the serious gaming segments, on the other hand his Nintendo releases did nothing for me.

All considered it just seemed like another bombcast, a great bombcast as usual, but didn't really stand out from the rest.