Darth_Stone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Darth_Stone

It's been a while... 
This is my first post after a long absence from participating in the Giant Bomb Community.... WOOT!!! 

I don't know what you guys think, but I feel like Ulysses S. Pipe (Jeff G.) was a little harsh on the new Spider Man game... I think it's a good game , specially when you consider that the only other choice on my consoles was Madden and Hawx2... Spider Man Shattered Dimensions is definitely the most fun I've had with a spider man title in YEARS.... Yes, I think that they rip off Arkham Asylum a little bit, but who cares! It's fun!.... The thing is, you have to LIKE Comic Book Superheroes in general, and Spider Man specifically, none of which fall into Jeff's personal taste... Oh well....  

To each his own, but until more games come out on October, it's Spider Man & Halo Reach for me! 

EXCELSIOR!!

Darth_Stone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Darth_Stone

It's been a while... 
This is my first post after a long absence from participating in the Giant Bomb Community.... WOOT!!! 

I don't know what you guys think, but I feel like Ulysses S. Pipe (Jeff G.) was a little harsh on the new Spider Man game... I think it's a good game , specially when you consider that the only other choice on my consoles was Madden and Hawx2... Spider Man Shattered Dimensions is definitely the most fun I've had with a spider man title in YEARS.... Yes, I think that they rip off Arkham Asylum a little bit, but who cares! It's fun!.... The thing is, you have to LIKE Comic Book Superheroes in general, and Spider Man specifically, none of which fall into Jeff's personal taste... Oh well....  

To each his own, but until more games come out on October, it's Spider Man & Halo Reach for me! 

EXCELSIOR!!

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Wait, slow down a bit. Your post count suggests this is your first post but you claim you've participated in the Giant Bomb community before. Does that mean you got banned and made a new account? I call shenanigans!

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By CptBedlam

A few questions:

- Why are the only other choices on your consoles Madden or Hawx2?
- Why should this even have an impact on judging this game's quality?
- What does Shattered Dimensions have in common with Batman:AA apart from featuring superheros?
- Are you saying that comic fans are content with low quality games just because they feature comic characters?

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By JJWeatherman
@CptBedlam said:
"- What does Shattered Dimensions have in common with Batman:AA apart from featuring superheros? -   
I think he was referring to the gameplay of Noir Spidey.
Avatar image for deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf
deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@Darth_Stone said:

"  It's been a while... This is my first post after a long absence from participating in the Giant Bomb Community.... WOOT!!!  I don't know what you guys think, but I feel like Ulysses S. Pipe (Jeff G.) was a little harsh on the new Spider Man game... I think it's a good game , specially when you consider that the only other choice on my consoles was Madden and Hawx2... Spider Man Shattered Dimensions is definitely the most fun I've had with a spider man title in YEARS.... Yes, I think that they rip off Arkham Asylum a little bit, but who cares! It's fun!.... The thing is, you have to LIKE Comic Book Superheroes in general, and Spider Man specifically, none of which fall into Jeff's personal taste... Oh well....   To each his own, but until more games come out on October, it's Spider Man & Halo Reach for me!  EXCELSIOR!! "

im sorry you bought shattered dimensions
Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jack268
@Gamer_152 said:
" Wait, slow down a bit. Your post count suggests this is your first post but you claim you've participated in the Giant Bomb community before. Does that mean you got banned and made a new account? I call shenanigans! "
@CptBedlam said:
" A few questions:  - Why are the only other choices on your consoles Madden or Hawx2? - Why should this even have an impact on judging this game's quality? - What does Shattered Dimensions have in common with Batman:AA apart from featuring superheros? - Are you saying that comic fans are content with low quality games just because they feature comic characters? "
these
rahulricky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By rahulricky

Jeff wasn't harsh enough, that game was painfully bad. Even Noir, the best sections, were too repetitive. Hopefully Marvel learns the right things from this, makes a full Spiderman Noir game and fleshes out that part more.
CptChiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By CptChiken

You have 0 posts.... yet I'm reading something you have posted... ARE YOU A GHOST?!

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

If you like it, play it. Fuck what Jeff thinks of it.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By c1337us
@CptBedlam said:
" A few questions:  - Why are the only other choices on your consoles Madden or Hawx2? - Why should this even have an impact on judging this game's quality? - What does Shattered Dimensions have in common with Batman:AA apart from featuring superheros? - Are you saying that comic fans are content with low quality games just because they feature comic characters? "
All good questions. 

@TaliciaDragonsong said:
" If you like it, play it. Fuck what Jeff thinks of it. "
But this applies too. You enjoying the game is whats important. Personally I don't think much of it but eh.
luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By luce

You shouldn't feel like a bad person for liking a game that he deems unworthy of his time.

Jeff's opinion is no better than yours. And for the record, Bionic Commando fucking blows (even at $5.99 from gamestop)

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#12  Edited By Yummylee

I least think it looks fun. I'll be trying it out for myself one day when I spot it on the cheap.

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By hockeymask27

Been playing through with a friend. While I admit the game play gets a little old. I like just seeing the different takes on all the Spider man villains and the boss fights are fun. Now I'm not saying its the next Arkham Asylum, but it's decent. 

Edit: My bad.

Darth_Stone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Darth_Stone
@Gamer_152: That's exactly what happened! LOL... Sorry for the confusion, but I used to have another account with another name... I stopped using it and now I am reborn! LOL
Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

PublicationScore
DSPS3Xbox 360Wii
1UP.comBB
Game Informer8/108/10
IGN7.5/108/108/107.5/10
X-Play
Aggregate scores
GameRankings75%85.22%83.42%77.25%
Metacritic78/10078/10077/100

It wasn't bad on the general consensus  

When I played it I loved it but I didn't run into any of the glitches that Jeff did. 

It was his view and if I was him I'd say fuck that game too.  But I am not him so I loved it. 

Definitely not as good as Arkham though.
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
@Hockeymask27 said:
" Been playing through with a friend. While I admit the game play gets a little old. I like just seeing the different takes on all the Spider man villains and the boss fights are fun. Now I'm not saying its the next Arkham Asylum, but it's decent. 

"
Steve Blum does the voice not Mark Hamill.
Darth_Stone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Darth_Stone
@CptBedlam:  

- Why are the only other choices on your consoles Madden or Hawx2?  
Because those are new, and so, If I wanna play anything NEW, those are the ones I would play...

- Why should this even have an impact on judging this game's quality?  
Because everything in life is relative and contextual.  If there's a crappy gaming season, a so-so game would shine brighter... And if there's a lot of great games, a good title might get overlooked...

- What does Shattered Dimensions have in common with Batman:AA apart from featuring superheros?  
A couple of mechanics here and there... (taking down foes while hanging on a ledge, some of the combat... It's subtle but it's there...) 

- Are you saying that comic fans are content with low quality games just because they feature comic characters?     
No, I'm saying that Comic Book fans (like me) might enjoy ANY game featuring spider man that does not seriously suck...
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By LiquidPrince

Web of Shadows was a good game as well. Better then Shattered Dimensions.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By Lukeweizer
@Darth_Stone said:
"  It's been a while... This is my first post after a long absence from participating in the Giant Bomb Community.... WOOT!!!  I don't know what you guys think, but I feel like Ulysses S. Pipe (Jeff G.) was a little harsh on the new Spider Man game... I think it's a good game , specially when you consider that the only other choice on my consoles was Madden and Hawx2... Spider Man Shattered Dimensions is definitely the most fun I've had with a spider man title in YEARS.... Yes, I think that they rip off Arkham Asylum a little bit, but who cares! It's fun!.... The thing is, you have to LIKE Comic Book Superheroes in general, and Spider Man specifically, none of which fall into Jeff's personal taste... Oh well....   To each his own, but until more games come out on October, it's Spider Man & Halo Reach for me!  EXCELSIOR!! "
Why do you have to a buy a game every week? 

Why can't Jeff have his own opinion? 

The game doesn't look very engaging. It's just a brawler. Seen it a million times. And I'm not a fan of Doogie Howser or whatever the guy's name is. And all those 1 liners Jeff was talking about seem like they could get old really fast.
Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Lukeweizer
@SethPhotopoulos said:
" @Hockeymask27 said:
" Been playing through with a friend. While I admit the game play gets a little old. I like just seeing the different takes on all the Spider man villains and the boss fights are fun. Now I'm not saying its the next Arkham Asylum, but it's decent. 

"
Steve Blum does the voice not Mark Hamill. "
Steve Blum does ever fucking voice. I'm getting so sick of that guy. 

I love Bebop though. That's the only place I'm not sick of him.
Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By Grissefar

Well, to play Shattered Dimensions I guess you have to be Thupa Janksta.

Amirit.

Because it's super janky. As Jeff said.

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By hockeymask27
@Lukeweizer said:
" @SethPhotopoulos said:
" @Hockeymask27 said:

"
Steve Blum does the voice not Mark Hamill. "
Steve Blum does ever fucking voice. I'm getting so sick of that guy.   I love Bebop though. That's the only place I'm not sick of him. "
Wow your right. 
In my defense when he laughs he sounds alot like the joker. 
CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By CptBedlam
@Darth_Stone said:
" @CptBedlam:    

Because those are new, and so, If I wanna play anything NEW, those are the ones I would play...
-- There are numerous other great games out now (Halo Reach, Dead Rising 2, Civ 5 etc.) and in just a few days the next wave of games starts with Castlevania Lords of Shadow. Instead of playing a mediocre game now I'd rather buy one of these, a recent great game or wait a few days for a great game.

Because everything in life is relative and contextual.  If there's a crappy gaming season, a so-so game would shine brighter... And if there's a lot of great games, a good title might get overlooked...
-- It's still a mediocre game though and other game's being worse won't increase the fun you'd have with this game

A couple of mechanics here and there... (taking down foes while hanging on a ledge, some of the combat... It's subtle but it's there...) 
-- So a handful of combat moves. Not much.

No, I'm saying that Comic Book fans (like me) might enjoy ANY game featuring spider man that does not seriously suck... "
-- So it's basically a "yes".
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By CL60
@SethPhotopoulos: A 70-80 average review score means it's an atrocious game according to people these days.
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
@CL60 said:
" @SethPhotopoulos: A 70-80 average review score means it's an atrocious game according to people these days. "  
Like to most people in this thread? 
yoctoyotta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By yoctoyotta
@SethPhotopoulos said:
"    
PublicationScore
DSPS3Xbox 360Wii
1UP.comBB
Game Informer8/108/10
IGN7.5/108/108/107.5/10
X-Play
Aggregate scores
GameRankings75%85.22%83.42%77.25%
Metacritic78/10078/10077/100
  It wasn't bad on the general consensus   When I played it I loved it but I didn't run into any of the glitches that Jeff did.  It was his view and if I was him I'd say fuck that game too.  But I am not him so I loved it.  Definitely not as good as Arkham though. "
More people need to express data in tables around these parts. Pretty and concise.
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#27  Edited By LordAndrew
@Darth_Stone said:
" Because those are new, and so, If I wanna play anything NEW, those are the ones I would play... "
You could also play older games if the newest games aren't doing anything for you.
Darth_Stone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Darth_Stone
@Lukeweizer: 

Why do I have to buy a game every week? 

BECAUSE I CAN... ;) 

Why can't Jeff have his own opinion? 

I'm not saying that, I'm saying that I don't agree with it, that's it... :)
ZacBoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ZacBoon

The camera work on that game was very bad.