#1 Posted by Chewii101 (820 posts) -

I'm trying to find the bombcast or section where Jeff is reading something with an accent that keeps changing. I vaguely remember it eventually evolved into a Mexican one? Thanks for the help!

#2 Edited by The_Ruiner (1007 posts) -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajj2WVhetL0

#4 Posted by BisonHero (6155 posts) -

Unrelated, but at some point (I think when Jeff did a video about Kinect Xbox One TV integration), some guy pointed out that Jeff says "chennel" whenever he says the word "channel", and now it's all I can hear. So fuck that guy.

#5 Edited by ajamafalous (11845 posts) -

Is it this one?

#6 Posted by Mikemcn (6955 posts) -

God damn it i miss ryan on the bombcast

#7 Posted by Stonyman65 (2591 posts) -

@mikemcn said:

God damn it i miss ryan on the bombcast

Yeah me too. The last few weeks I've been going back and listening to the 2008-2009 podcasts in order and it's hard to listen to sometimes. Also, I miss the random craziness of the Podcasts back then.

#8 Posted by Beyond_Recall (38 posts) -

@bisonhero said:

Unrelated, but at some point (I think when Jeff did a video about Kinect Xbox One TV integration), some guy pointed out that Jeff says "chennel" whenever he says the word "channel", and now it's all I can hear. So fuck that guy.

I've just come to notice this in the last few weeks. It really is way more distracting than it has any right to be.

#9 Posted by GiantLizardKing (291 posts) -

One of my favorite segments ever.

#10 Posted by Sammo21 (3211 posts) -

I love the Bombcast and always will (probably). Still funny but boy...it will never be as good as it was during that time. I would frequently howl with laughter and if I were in the car listening, people at redlights would star because I was laughing so hard.

#11 Edited by SirOptimusPrime (1943 posts) -

It's bothered my soul ever since I heard him say the word channel.

#12 Edited by HerbieBug (4212 posts) -

I died a little inside when Nintendo stopped putting out those description bits for their new releases. :(

#13 Posted by Aegon (5394 posts) -

@bisonhero said:

If you like that, check out the way Brad says "compass".

com-pus

#14 Edited by Regal (434 posts) -

They've been saying 'kinect' a lot when they've really meant to say connect.

#15 Posted by BisonHero (6155 posts) -

@aegon said:

@siroptimusprime said:

@bisonhero said:

com-pus

I've long accepted that Brad's southern upbringing has randomly left him with a handful of words he pronounces really strangely. If anything, maybe we're the weird ones for pronouncing it "cum-pus". Though "comm-pus" is also weird. I just try to not think about that word anymore.

English is fucked up. Literally no one actually pronounces that word "comm-pass" or "comp-ass" which is phonetically how it should be.

#16 Posted by stringbacon (87 posts) -

I think it's this one from 7-13-2010, starts around 1:50:00.

#17 Posted by wemibelec90 (1547 posts) -

@bisonhero said:

Yep! I notice this EVERY TIME he says it now, and it always drives me completely nuts.

#18 Posted by Gruebacca (496 posts) -

@aegon said:

@siroptimusprime said:

@bisonhero said:

com-pus

I've long accepted that Brad's southern upbringing has randomly left him with a handful of words he pronounces really strangely. If anything, maybe we're the weird ones for pronouncing it "cum-pus". Though "comm-pus" is also weird. I just try to not think about that word anymore.

English is fucked up. Literally no one actually pronounces that word "comm-pass" or "comp-ass" which is phonetically how it should be.

English is kind of a fucked up language. The letters within words aren't always pronounced like they are supposed to be. Who decided that "-tion" was pronounced "shun"?

Also, we Californians don't try very hard to differentiate the short A sound from the short E sound, so Jeff's pronunciation of channel as "chennel" isn't that weird.

#19 Edited by Chewii101 (820 posts) -
#21 Posted by Metal_Mills (2980 posts) -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajj2WVhetL0

There's another one too. He falls into a Mexican accent half way into it, similar to this one but it's even funnier, I can't remember the date though.

#22 Posted by Capum15 (4808 posts) -

Generalissimo Jeff is hilarious.

#23 Posted by Chewii101 (820 posts) -

@metal_mills: this is actually what I was looking for haha, I dont think anyone's uploaded it.

#24 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3103 posts) -

We need more Generalissimo Jeff.