#1 Posted by Chewii101 (872 posts) -

I'm trying to find the bombcast or section where Jeff is reading something with an accent that keeps changing. I vaguely remember it eventually evolved into a Mexican one? Thanks for the help!

#2 Edited by The_Ruiner (1538 posts) -
Loading Video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajj2WVhetL0

#4 Posted by BisonHero (9960 posts) -

Unrelated, but at some point (I think when Jeff did a video about Kinect Xbox One TV integration), some guy pointed out that Jeff says "chennel" whenever he says the word "channel", and now it's all I can hear. So fuck that guy.

#5 Edited by ajamafalous (13035 posts) -

Is it this one?

Loading Video...

#6 Posted by Mikemcn (8003 posts) -

God damn it i miss ryan on the bombcast

#7 Posted by Stonyman65 (3465 posts) -

@mikemcn said:

God damn it i miss ryan on the bombcast

Yeah me too. The last few weeks I've been going back and listening to the 2008-2009 podcasts in order and it's hard to listen to sometimes. Also, I miss the random craziness of the Podcasts back then.

#8 Posted by Beyond_Recall (124 posts) -

@bisonhero said:

Unrelated, but at some point (I think when Jeff did a video about Kinect Xbox One TV integration), some guy pointed out that Jeff says "chennel" whenever he says the word "channel", and now it's all I can hear. So fuck that guy.

I've just come to notice this in the last few weeks. It really is way more distracting than it has any right to be.

Avatar image for giantlizardking
#9 Posted by GiantLizardKing (1028 posts) -

One of my favorite segments ever.

#10 Posted by Sammo21 (4833 posts) -

I love the Bombcast and always will (probably). Still funny but boy...it will never be as good as it was during that time. I would frequently howl with laughter and if I were in the car listening, people at redlights would star because I was laughing so hard.

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
#11 Edited by SirOptimusPrime (2043 posts) -

It's bothered my soul ever since I heard him say the word channel.

#12 Edited by HerbieBug (4228 posts) -

I died a little inside when Nintendo stopped putting out those description bits for their new releases. :(

#13 Posted by Aegon (7113 posts) -

@bisonhero said:

If you like that, check out the way Brad says "compass".

com-pus

#14 Edited by Regal (443 posts) -

They've been saying 'kinect' a lot when they've really meant to say connect.

#15 Posted by BisonHero (9960 posts) -

@aegon said:

@siroptimusprime said:

@bisonhero said:

com-pus

I've long accepted that Brad's southern upbringing has randomly left him with a handful of words he pronounces really strangely. If anything, maybe we're the weird ones for pronouncing it "cum-pus". Though "comm-pus" is also weird. I just try to not think about that word anymore.

English is fucked up. Literally no one actually pronounces that word "comm-pass" or "comp-ass" which is phonetically how it should be.

#16 Posted by stringbacon (98 posts) -

I think it's this one from 7-13-2010, starts around 1:50:00.

#17 Posted by wemibelec90 (2275 posts) -

@bisonhero said:

Yep! I notice this EVERY TIME he says it now, and it always drives me completely nuts.

#18 Posted by Gruebacca (800 posts) -

@aegon said:

@siroptimusprime said:

@bisonhero said:

com-pus

I've long accepted that Brad's southern upbringing has randomly left him with a handful of words he pronounces really strangely. If anything, maybe we're the weird ones for pronouncing it "cum-pus". Though "comm-pus" is also weird. I just try to not think about that word anymore.

English is fucked up. Literally no one actually pronounces that word "comm-pass" or "comp-ass" which is phonetically how it should be.

English is kind of a fucked up language. The letters within words aren't always pronounced like they are supposed to be. Who decided that "-tion" was pronounced "shun"?

Also, we Californians don't try very hard to differentiate the short A sound from the short E sound, so Jeff's pronunciation of channel as "chennel" isn't that weird.

#19 Edited by Chewii101 (872 posts) -
#21 Posted by Metal_Mills (3417 posts) -

Loading Video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajj2WVhetL0

There's another one too. He falls into a Mexican accent half way into it, similar to this one but it's even funnier, I can't remember the date though.

#22 Posted by Capum15 (5530 posts) -

Generalissimo Jeff is hilarious.

#23 Posted by Chewii101 (872 posts) -

@metal_mills: this is actually what I was looking for haha, I dont think anyone's uploaded it.

Avatar image for apparatus_unearth
#24 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3636 posts) -

We need more Generalissimo Jeff.