Avatar image for krossmojination
krossmojination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By krossmojination

I just wanted to give a quick shout-out to Jeff for his comment regarding the combat in Batman: Arkham Asylum during the GOTY Bombcast.  He had mentioned that the gameplay and the combat mechanics were so satisfying, but there just wasn't enough of it actually put in the game, outside of the challenge rooms.  I had the same impression playing Batman.  I only played for a few hours, and I enjoyed the gameplay, but ultimately I just got bored.  I felt like it would have been a great brawler.  There just weren't any brawls. 

Wait.  

Is this a bromance?

Screw it.  Nevermind.

Avatar image for krossmojination
krossmojination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By krossmojination

I just wanted to give a quick shout-out to Jeff for his comment regarding the combat in Batman: Arkham Asylum during the GOTY Bombcast.  He had mentioned that the gameplay and the combat mechanics were so satisfying, but there just wasn't enough of it actually put in the game, outside of the challenge rooms.  I had the same impression playing Batman.  I only played for a few hours, and I enjoyed the gameplay, but ultimately I just got bored.  I felt like it would have been a great brawler.  There just weren't any brawls. 

Wait.  

Is this a bromance?

Screw it.  Nevermind.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Systech

What the hell are you talking about?

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Binman88

I actually think they put in just the right amount of "brawling". The blend and variety of different gameplay mechanics is what made this game great.

ToadRunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ToadRunner

to quote jeff- "the heart of the matter is that batman is better than uncharted!"
1 hour later - "uncharted 2 game of the year!"

but who am i to bitch, they made the right choice.

sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By sopranosfan
@Binman88 said:
" I actually think they put in just the right amount of "brawling". The blend and variety of different gameplay mechanics is what made this game great. "
This
Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Whisperkill
@Binman88 said:
" I actually think they put in just the right amount of "brawling". The blend and variety of different gameplay mechanics is what made this game great. "
Indeed, the challenges were there if you wanted, well.. a challenge
ki11tank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By ki11tank
@ToadRunner said:
" to quote jeff- "the heart of the matter is that batman is better than uncharted!" 1 hour later - "uncharted 2 game of the year!"  but who am i to bitch, they made the right choice. "
yea i lol'd at that.  

i played batman in 5-7 sittings in like 7-8 hours.  i played uncharted 2 in 2 sittings for 10 1/2 hours.

basically that says that i found a lot of the same going on in batman where as the same may have been good fun it was still the same. i felt uncharted on top of the technical goodies always kept me wanting more.

when playing batman every couple times  i realized i needed to go all the way back here or put yet another room full of baddies on a gargoyle i quit for a while.  i also found the combat on regular difficulty to be a mash fest and didn't truly know about the deep combat until i was told about it, so that backs up the comments even more.

also what does it for me really is that no game in a long ass fucking time has put a smile on my face like uncharted 2 and that speaks volumes for why it was my personal game of the year.
fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By fr0br0
@ToadRunner said:
" to quote jeff- "the heart of the matter is that batman is better than uncharted!" 1 hour later - "uncharted 2 game of the year!"  but who am i to bitch, they made the right choice. "
Well it basically turned into a 3 against 1 for Uncharted toward the end. Were you expecting a 12 Angry Men to take place?
Sepultallica86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By Sepultallica86

I think Batman was really good, but the production quality mixed with the pretty much flawless and engaging fun that Uncharted 2 had led it to be the winner for me.

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By apathylad

I played Batman on Hard on my first run because of Jeff's review, which said it was pretty easy on the Normal difficulty.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#11  Edited By Icemael
@ToadRunner said:
to quote jeff- "the heart of the matter is that batman is better than uncharted!" 1 hour later - "uncharted 2 game of the year!"
It was a collective decision. If it was up to Jeff and Vinny, Batman would've won.
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By TwoOneFive
@Icemael said:
" @ToadRunner said:
to quote jeff- "the heart of the matter is that batman is better than uncharted!" 1 hour later - "uncharted 2 game of the year!"
It was a collective decision. If it was up to Jeff and Vinny, Batman would've won. "
i dunno. i think jeff was happy with the decision having discussed it further.  
once he remember that ridiculous gargoyle thing over and over, and the fact that the challenge room had better gameplay than the campaign, plus the fact that uncharted 2 has a kick ass multiplayer with tons of reasons to keep coming back (perk system etc) it was an easy decision. 
Butchio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Butchio

i didnt see what the big deal was with Batman. I played through it, enjoyed it but in no way did i find it satisfying nor did it make me want to go back and play it again. Im certainly not looking forward to Batman 2.

Avatar image for deactivated-630b11c195a3b
deactivated-630b11c195a3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

cool story bro.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

#15  Edited By MightyDuck

I hate to bump a thread that is three weeks old... but,

I was looking for a solid podcast to listen to on the drive up to visit my girlfriend's folks for the weekend.  Anyway, I noticed the GOTY Podcast was roughly 4 Hours long, (new to the site, hadn't listened to it prior).  Anyway, I must say the boring 2 hour ride back and forth went super quick because of said podcast.

Just wanted to say thanks!

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@Fr0Br0 said:
" @ToadRunner said:
Well it basically turned into a 3 against 1 for Uncharted toward the end. Were you expecting a 12 Angry Men to take place? "
That's exactly what happened, and should have happened. 

Moreover, that's the beauty of the Giant Bomb staff--all of them listen to each argument and decide upon the most reasonable. Jeff didn't change his opinion the moment Brad and Ryan rebutted, he changed his opinion when he understood that their argument was, logistically, a better, more sound construction than the argument for Batman.
Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

I played through the game twice and am currently tryping to move up on the leaderboard. The combat can have me cussing for hours, but the only major complaint I have is that it is too short and the sequel isn't out yet. Oh yeah, and the top positions in the leaderboard are obviously fucked.

Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

test