#2 Posted by TooWalrus (13203 posts) -

That doesn't seem that crazy... 

What IS this thread?

#3 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4352 posts) -

Good story, not that crazy.

#4 Posted by 49th (2758 posts) -

Are Jeff's stories ever not great?

#5 Posted by Nodachie (77 posts) -

Great story. Would like to hear more of them.

#6 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4679 posts) -

Jeff stories of his old house are always great. I envision him living at an area similar to where Edward Nortan lived in Fight Club.

#7 Posted by Live2bRighteous (317 posts) -

I honestly do not get it.

#8 Posted by zombie2011 (4973 posts) -

Seriously? Crazy?

You should go to some parties there are a lot more crazy things happening then some girl stealing change.

#9 Posted by Dtat (1623 posts) -

The story was crazy when taken as a whole. A lot of weird things happen to Jeff that don't happen to the average person it seems.

#10 Posted by Little_Socrates (5677 posts) -

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

Jeff stories of his old house are always great. I envision him living at an area similar to where Edward Nortan lived in Fight Club.

I basically just imagine Jeff's housemate Chris With A White Car as Brad Pitt in that movie. We are on the same wavelength.

#11 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11032 posts) -

Everything about Jeff's life outside of video games is never not hilarious and amazing.

#12 Posted by SirOptimusPrime (2010 posts) -

Chris Who Drives A White Car was funnier than just about the last ten episodes of MBMBAM combined, is how funny that shit is.

#13 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

I wish Jeff would tell more stories like those. They're always fantastic and hilarious.

#14 Posted by CaLe (3988 posts) -

My life from ages 16-19 was not dissimilar to the kind of life depicted in Jeff's stories. I'm glad it's all behind me, honestly.

#15 Edited by JasonR86 (9710 posts) -

@TooWalrus said:

That doesn't seem that crazy... What IS this thread?

This. Are we supposed to tell similar stories? Cause I've got stories kid.

#16 Posted by Solh0und (1775 posts) -
@Azteck said:

I wish Jeff would tell more stories like those. They're always fantastic and hilarious.

Maybe we should all suggest to Jeff that we LOVE his stories?
#17 Posted by TooWalrus (13203 posts) -
@JasonR86 said:

@TooWalrus said:

Uh... today in class, I spent half the day talking with this Russian girl about LOST... she really didn't like the ending.
#18 Posted by LKPOWER (156 posts) -

The way he tells the stories makes them so easy to visualize. I literally see the story in my head as a movie!

#19 Edited by Viking_Funeral (1791 posts) -

@JasonR86 said:

@TooWalrus said:

EDIT: You know what? I don't want to indict myself. Redacted for crazy stories I only tell offline.

#20 Posted by JasonR86 (9710 posts) -

@TooWalrus said:

@JasonR86 said:

@TooWalrus said:

Uh... today in class, I spent half the day talking with this Russian girl about LOST... she really didn't like the ending.

During my really heavy drinking days, like 3-4 years ago, I drank two cases of beer and downed 10 flaming shots of Everclear 190. I don't remember the rest of the night but the next afternoon when I woke up I didn't have my pants or shirt on as I was laying on a couch with a woman to my right who I didn't know, my glasses were in another room on the other side of the house, my hat was still on but backwards for some reason, and people who I didn't know had joined the people I did know in the house were we had partied and were all passed out around me.

True story.

#21 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3872 posts) -

Jeff story time is always my favourite part of any podcast. That dude has seen some business.

#22 Posted by ripelivejam (3976 posts) -

@JasonR86 said:

@TooWalrus said:

@JasonR86 said:

@TooWalrus said:

During my really heavy drinking days, like 3-4 years ago, I drank two cases of beer and downed 10 flaming shots of Everclear 190. I don't remember the rest of the night but the next afternoon when I woke up I didn't have my pants or shirt on as I was laying on a couch with a woman to my right who I didn't know, my glasses were in another room on the other side of the house, my hat was still on but backwards for some reason, and people who I didn't know had joined the people I did know in the house were we had partied and were all passed out around me.

True story.

um i found this bump behind my ear today, not sure if it's a pimple or a boil...

#23 Posted by JackSukeru (5913 posts) -

@JasonR86 said:

@TooWalrus said:

No, obviously this is the Official Jeff Gerstmann Story Appreciation Thread. A thread were stories told by Jeff Gerstmann are appreciated in an official-ly-ly manner.

#24 Posted by Strife777 (1581 posts) -

Abd i love that you always know when he's about to start one. He always gets a certain tone when he gets into it. At that point you just go "Here it comes." Jeff has lived some shit.

#25 Posted by csl316 (8691 posts) -

Jeff was on fire this week.

#26 Posted by JasonR86 (9710 posts) -

@ripelivejam said:

@JasonR86 said:

@TooWalrus said:

@JasonR86 said:

@TooWalrus said:

True story.

um i found this bump behind my ear today, not sure if it's a pimple or a boil...

Boil.

I want to be clear really quick. My story shouldn't glorify drinking that much. I've paid for that drinking. The aftermath was a bitch.

#27 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

Some dudes who lived near the house I was living in during college snuck in during a party my roommates and I were throwing and ended up getting wasted, then offered us "proteccion" for $10 a week. We never found out what they'd be protecting us from, and we never saw them again.

#28 Posted by Benny (1953 posts) -

It's a good story, but Drew's Kiki story is by far the greatest story ever told.

#29 Posted by Doomed (196 posts) -

@Benny said:

It's a good story, but Drew's Kiki story is by far the greatest story ever told.

When was this? I assume either the Halo stream or the Octobercast - with a lean towards the Tested stream. Here's what I can find.

Who is Kiki?
She's the girl in the stock Tricaster footage. She's the red haired lady Vinny always puts in front of the TNT footage.
Hahaha. More specifically for everyone who'll want to see this in the archives, you know that talking girl they keep keying in and setting on fire in live videos?
Drew went and saw her Star Trek themed band tonight before the Octobercast and got GB's tricaster signed.
#30 Posted by Freshbandito (686 posts) -

@JasonR86 said:

@ripelivejam said:

@JasonR86 said:

@TooWalrus said:

@JasonR86 said:

@TooWalrus said:

True story.

Boil.

I want to be clear really quick. My story shouldn't glorify drinking that much. I've paid for that drinking. The aftermath was a bitch.

Back when I used to drink with some disreputable types (underage drinking to boot) we used to go 'camping' in the mountains behind our town which was basically when a group of us used to pack as many bags as we could with fake id'd booze, hoof it up the local mountain and drink until we pass out completely forgetting the lack of a tent / warm clothes.

One of these trips was a smaller affair with just 4 of us, myself, a friend who thought he was god's gift to women (we'll call him Tom) a stoner friend who constantly got us into some bizarre situations (alias Dick) and another friend who was the sober dude that always kept a clear head no matter how much he drank (hereafter Harry)

It was just transitioning to autumn in Wales and having more than enough expendable income the four people mentioned above decided the best use of this money was to ignore their girlfriends and go and get drunk in the mountains, as you do. We headed up from Dick's house through to the well trodden path up onto the mountain through the dirt biker's usual haunt and onwards until we were overlooking the reservoir in an area that seemed flat enough to suit our alfresco tipple consumption and dumped about £200's worth of assorted alchopops (we were 16 okay!)

2 hours later, we're getting through the booze but it's getting dark and very, very cold alot quicker than we're able to reach a level of drunkenness that would let us ignore the chill and sleep propped up against a tree. Myself and Harry try to start a fire, an hour later Myself and Harry have to admit we're failing to start a fire with the damp materials we have to work with, as blame starts being portioned out through use of colourful slurs Dick points out a fire burning further along the mountain and how we should "go steal their fire"

20 minutes later we approach a small camp that has two beat up looking tents and two men sat next to a roaring fire. We were plenty drunk at this point and were stumbling up when Dick who was a bit ahead of the rest of us finished introducing us to the two campers, Dick being completely oblivious to the fact that one of them had a shotgun that he was cleaning with the sort of love and attention one gives to a newborn child and his partner was sharpening a knife about as large as my thigh.

Me, Harry and Tom start freaking the fuck out! we've seen deliverance! A long talk with Dick later and our need for warmth and the fact that we're now too drunk to remember our way back ends up with us agreeing to the two men's hospitality. We talk the way you only can when drunk and in fear of wilderness ass-rape and eventually we're all laughing and relaxed, hey these guys can't be that bad! They eventually retire into their tents and myself and crew start falling asleep around the fire.

Suddenly Dick wakes us up, true fear in his voice as he mentions that he has discovered a rather large stash of drugs in the men's equipment and has decided to relieve them of it (Dick always was a shady friend but dammit he was our shady friend!) he suggests we get the hell out of there before they find out, the rest of us being drunk and hearing dueling banjoes in the back of our thoughts quickly agree and we take off up the mountain.

We ran for god knows how long up and across that mountain as the rain started to hammer down whilst hearing what in our drunken minds was the gunfire of pursuing wilderness guys, enraged at their lack of a chemical high. Sixteen solid hours of rain soaked fleeing later we found our way back to a pub at the base of the mountain, covered in mud and with haunted faces to rival veterans and there we saw the two men we'd been running from as they were packing up their equipment into a large truck.

They asked us what the hell had happened and why we'd run off into the night. Turns out the tin of assorted party favours that Dick had stolen from their equipment was his own that he'd put with their stuff when we divvied up our remaining booze...We don't drink with Dick anymore.

You mean those kind of stories??

#31 Edited by Benny (1953 posts) -

@Doomed said:

@Benny said:

When was this? I assume either the Halo stream or the Octobercast - with a lean towards the Tested stream. Here's what I can find.

Who is Kiki?
She's the girl in the stock Tricaster footage. She's the red haired lady Vinny always puts in front of the TNT footage.
Hahaha. More specifically for everyone who'll want to see this in the archives, you know that talking girl they keep keying in and setting on fire in live videos?
Drew went and saw her Star Trek themed band tonight before the Octobercast and got GB's tricaster signed.

http://www.youtu.be/u4qWe60BVgE?t=14m59s enjoy.

#32 Posted by Rsvaret (47 posts) -

Yes, really great!

#33 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -
@Freshbandito

@JasonR86 said:

@ripelivejam said:

@JasonR86 said:

@TooWalrus said:

@JasonR86 said:

@TooWalrus said:

True story.

Boil.

Back when I used to drink with some disreputable types (underage drinking to boot) we used to go 'camping' in the mountains behind our town which was basically when a group of us used to pack as many bags as we could with fake id'd booze, hoof it up the local mountain and drink until we pass out completely forgetting the lack of a tent / warm clothes.

One of these trips was a smaller affair with just 4 of us, myself, a friend who thought he was god's gift to women (we'll call him Tom) a stoner friend who constantly got us into some bizarre situations (alias Dick) and another friend who was the sober dude that always kept a clear head no matter how much he drank (hereafter Harry)

It was just transitioning to autumn in Wales and having more than enough expendable income the four people mentioned above decided the best use of this money was to ignore their girlfriends and go and get drunk in the mountains, as you do. We headed up from Dick's house through to the well trodden path up onto the mountain through the dirt biker's usual haunt and onwards until we were overlooking the reservoir in an area that seemed flat enough to suit our alfresco tipple consumption and dumped about £200's worth of assorted alchopops (we were 16 okay!)

2 hours later, we're getting through the booze but it's getting dark and very, very cold alot quicker than we're able to reach a level of drunkenness that would let us ignore the chill and sleep propped up against a tree. Myself and Harry try to start a fire, an hour later Myself and Harry have to admit we're failing to start a fire with the damp materials we have to work with, as blame starts being portioned out through use of colourful slurs Dick points out a fire burning further along the mountain and how we should "go steal their fire"

20 minutes later we approach a small camp that has two beat up looking tents and two men sat next to a roaring fire. We were plenty drunk at this point and were stumbling up when Dick who was a bit ahead of the rest of us finished introducing us to the two campers, Dick being completely oblivious to the fact that one of them had a shotgun that he was cleaning with the sort of love and attention one gives to a newborn child and his partner was sharpening a knife about as large as my thigh.

Me, Harry and Tom start freaking the fuck out! we've seen deliverance! A long talk with Dick later and our need for warmth and the fact that we're now too drunk to remember our way back ends up with us agreeing to the two men's hospitality. We talk the way you only can when drunk and in fear of wilderness ass-rape and eventually we're all laughing and relaxed, hey these guys can't be that bad! They eventually retire into their tents and myself and crew start falling asleep around the fire.

Suddenly Dick wakes us up, true fear in his voice as he mentions that he has discovered a rather large stash of drugs in the men's equipment and has decided to relieve them of it (Dick always was a shady friend but dammit he was our shady friend!) he suggests we get the hell out of there before they find out, the rest of us being drunk and hearing dueling banjoes in the back of our thoughts quickly agree and we take off up the mountain.

We ran for god knows how long up and across that mountain as the rain started to hammer down whilst hearing what in our drunken minds was the gunfire of pursuing wilderness guys, enraged at their lack of a chemical high. Sixteen solid hours of rain soaked fleeing later we found our way back to a pub at the base of the mountain, covered in mud and with haunted faces to rival veterans and there we saw the two men we'd been running from as they were packing up their equipment into a large truck.

They asked us what the hell had happened and why we'd run off into the night. Turns out the tin of assorted party favours that Dick had stolen from their equipment was his own that he'd put with their stuff when we divvied up our remaining booze...We don't drink with Dick anymore.

You mean those kind of stories??

Hahahahaha fantastic.

I think it is fair to say that all of us have experienced a Dick in our lives.

Wait, what?
#34 Posted by DougQuaid (1274 posts) -

Fucking Chris with a white car...

#35 Posted by Freshbandito (686 posts) -

@Tim_the_Corsair: haha too true, and I'm going to have to steal that quip for next time I have to tell the story

#36 Posted by Chuggsy (554 posts) -
@SirOptimusPrime said:

Chris Who Drives A White Car was funnier than just about the last ten episodes of MBMBAM combined, is how funny that shit is.

No way man. BLAST MY CACHEEEE
#37 Posted by Hunter5024 (5688 posts) -

@JasonR86 said:

@TooWalrus said:

@JasonR86 said:

@TooWalrus said:

True story.

Getting really drunk and then waking up confused isn't a story, it's a thing that happens. There's no middle. Wheres the good shit!

#38 Posted by fuzzybunny566 (451 posts) -

@TheSouthernDandy said:

Jeff story time is always my favourite part of any podcast. That dude has seen some business.

definitely. sometimes i feel like i'd rather listen to them do a 3-hour podcast of anything BUT video games. i always look forward to whatever weird tangents they go off on.

#39 Posted by Narx (173 posts) -

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

Those were my exact thoughts!

#40 Posted by Nightriff (5085 posts) -

Better story was with Chris the hippie, was laughing my ass off at work while he told it, the change one is fine. I also love the stories he told in August, those were just as good as the recent stories told.

#41 Posted by Rawrz (590 posts) -

His change story from the PAX panel earlier this year was better.

#42 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3872 posts) -

@fuzzybunny566 said:

@TheSouthernDandy said:

definitely. sometimes i feel like i'd rather listen to them do a 3-hour podcast of anything BUT video games. i always look forward to whatever weird tangents they go off on.

Dude, totally. Some of my favorite Bombcast moments have been when they just go off for a while talking about random stuff about early days in the game industry or crap they got into when they were younger, any of that stuff. The games talk is awesome but i'd still listen to the Bombcast without it.

#43 Posted by JasonR86 (9710 posts) -

@Hunter5024 said:

@JasonR86 said:

@TooWalrus said:

@JasonR86 said:

@TooWalrus said:

True story.

Getting really drunk and then waking up confused isn't a story, it's a thing that happens. There's no middle. Wheres the good shit!

The middle part is forever gone. I have no idea what happened and no one else seems to.

#44 Posted by WickedCobra03 (2106 posts) -

@MooseyMcMan said:

Everything about Jeff's life outside of video games is never not hilarious and amazing.

This. He seems to have a completely awesome life. This story may beat Jeff's "stealing doors from abandoned houses, but not knowing the size, so try to fit them up to replace his missing ones!"

#45 Edited by WickedCobra03 (2106 posts) -

@Rawrz said:

His change story from the PAX panel earlier this year was better.

Ahhh hahaha. Yes, I have had that happen and had just about the same reaction he had... a little less violent thoughts though!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8afxnQpvScA

#46 Posted by aurahack (2271 posts) -

I really want them to do an all off-topic podcast one week or something. :T I remember an old episode of RadiOPM where they all decided to talk about anything except games because they had just met deadline and it was a super-fun, super-interesting podcast.

#48 Posted by Hunter5024 (5688 posts) -

@JasonR86: Well you owe me the middle of a story Sir.

#49 Posted by JasonR86 (9710 posts) -

@Hunter5024 said:

@JasonR86: Well you owe me the middle of a story Sir.

I'll never be able to pay that debt unfortunately. That night of my life is gone forever.

#50 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

I can't find it, but there used to be a Gamespot Cribs (Or something like that) of Jeff and Chris of Midnight Brown fame showing off the Compound. It really did seem kinda Fight Club-ish.

There was also a similar video of young Alex showing off his room and a Rolling Stone pic of his hot mom.