• 69 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by BlaineBlaine (466 posts) -

Everytime Patrick covers this I'm reminded of my favorite song for fucking with a bar, Thick As A Brick by Jethro Tull. 44 minutes long and often on older, non-skip able jukeboxes.

#2 Posted by PulledaBrad (612 posts) -

Both you and Patrick need to grow the fuck up.

#3 Posted by Milkman (17166 posts) -
@PulledaBrad

Both you and Patrick need to grow the fuck up.

Didn't I see you in Walnut Creek this weekend?
#4 Posted by FateOfNever (1855 posts) -

@PulledaBrad said:

Both you and Patrick need to grow the fuck up.

Yeah, because having fun is childish! Am I right guys or am I right!?

#5 Posted by YetiAntics (1492 posts) -

Ugh, who let the wet blanket in?

#6 Edited by CL60 (16906 posts) -

@PulledaBrad said:

Both you and Patrick need to grow the fuck up.

#7 Posted by gelatinabomination (184 posts) -

Jukebox trolling is a legitimate art. It's almost impossible to pull off right, as I can attest. If you want to train, I suggest trolling Turntable.fm. You'll get kicked out of a lot of rooms, but it's good practice. Playing Shave It in a Scandinavian death metal room: Priceless.

#8 Posted by BombcastGoldthwait (250 posts) -

@FateOfNever said:

@PulledaBrad said:

Both you and Patrick need to grow the fuck up.

Yeah, because having fun is childish! Am I right guys or am I right!?

That sounds dangerously close to you not being sincere, which make me wonder if your having some sort of fun. ARE YOU HAVING FUN!?! Grow up, read a newspaper, go over last quarters receipts, and mow the lawn.

#9 Posted by SamFo (1547 posts) -

My 2 cents: I think if the story was swapped and Patrick was getting angry at some guy who was jukebox trolling you would all sympathise with him. To most here the GB crew can do no wrong.

#10 Posted by wjb (1686 posts) -

I've done a bit of Wyatting in my day, but most of the jukeboxes I come across don't have anything annoying anymore. They're all newer models that look like giant MP3 players.

#11 Posted by FateOfNever (1855 posts) -

@BombcastGoldthwait said:

@FateOfNever said:

@PulledaBrad said:

Both you and Patrick need to grow the fuck up.

Yeah, because having fun is childish! Am I right guys or am I right!?

That sounds dangerously close to you not being sincere, which make me wonder if your having some sort of fun. ARE YOU HAVING FUN!?! Grow up, read a newspaper, go over last quarters receipts, and mow the lawn.

What? No. I would never be having fun. As you can clearly...well, not see (you'll have to take my word for it), my pants are tightened up properly to just above my belly button as I sit on my porch swinging my cane while yelling at the kids that are dangerously close to my lawn.

@SamFo said:

My 2 cents: I think if the story was swapped and Patrick was getting angry at some guy who was jukebox trolling you would all sympathise with him. To most here the GB crew can do no wrong.

I wouldn't. I'd be wondering why he's so uptight as to lose his shit over what song is on the jukebox.

#12 Posted by BlindRapture (106 posts) -

@SamFo said:

My 2 cents: I think if the story was swapped and Patrick was getting angry at some guy who was jukebox trolling you would all sympathise with him. To most here the GB crew can do no wrong.

I would laugh and wonder why he's so bothered by it. Same as I do with the other guy being the victim. Now if the weapon of choice was some Nickleback, it would be a whole 'nother story. I wouldn't wish that on ANYONE.

#13 Posted by BombcastGoldthwait (250 posts) -

@FateOfNever: Good, cause this is a video game website, a place for serious business, not for tomfoolery or fun of any sorts.

#14 Posted by MethodMan008 (824 posts) -

I have been jukebox trolling since Patrick first mentioned it quite awhile ago. It's really fun guys, but yeah, gotta be subtle.

#15 Posted by jerseyscum (913 posts) -

Wham marathon.

Just make sure you've paid the tab and are long gone before you get pummeled (justifiably).

#16 Posted by ReyGitano (2467 posts) -

Jukebox trolling doesn't sound like my idea of fun if I was the one doing it, but it sounds like something I would find funny if someone else did. Then again I don't have a regular spot I hang out in so it's not like it would ruin anything for me.

#17 Posted by Undeadpool (4985 posts) -

@YetiAntics said:

Ugh, who let the wet blanket in?

LISTEN! Bar jukeboxes are VERY SERIOUS BUSINESS!! And for that matter

#18 Posted by Hailinel (25199 posts) -

I don't even know any local places that still have jukeboxes.

#19 Posted by Brenderous (1106 posts) -

@PulledaBrad said:

Both you and Patrick need to grow the fuck up.

I think *you* need to grow the fuck up, buzzkill.

#20 Posted by s10129107 (1188 posts) -

I would love to go to a bar, play sponge bob square pants and sing along to it as loudly as i could. Shit, i might even do it where i work.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH, he lives in a pineapple under the sea

Absorbent and yellow....

#21 Posted by bemusedchunk (707 posts) -

Come on guys!

Trying to pick up some ladies at this bar. Grow up!

#22 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

HEY GUYS! I'M GONNA START FART TROLLING IN BARS!

I'M GONNA EAT LOTSA RANCID FOOD AND THEN LET OUT SILENT BUT DEADLY FARTS ALL OVER THE BAR AND THEN SIT AND LAUGH ABOUT IT TO MYSELF! MAYBE I'LL MENTION IT ON A PODCAST!

#23 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

HAVE YOU GUS EHARD ABOUT CROSSING THE STREET TROLLING?!

IT'S AWESOME I PRETEND TO CROSS THE STREET, BUT THEN I STOP AND RUN INTO TRAFFIC! TROLOLOLOL

#24 Posted by ThePickle (4188 posts) -

I thought Thick as a Brick was always split into 2 parts?

#25 Posted by EleFlameMax (386 posts) -

yeah cool...

#26 Posted by cthomer5000 (844 posts) -

There is nothing greater than successfully pulling off a hidden track play. Something with minutes of silence between the final track (we're talking CD here) and whatever comes after. You need to get lucky and hope the bartenders dont notice the silence. Once in a while a whole bar can manage to not notice the lack of music before the hidden track kicks in and everyone kind of goes "oh yeah.... there was not music for a bit there."

And hopefully it's a really terrible or stupid hidden track.

#27 Posted by christ0phe (952 posts) -

@CL60: Trailer Park Boys...quality; what a great show

#28 Posted by CrossTheAtlantic (1146 posts) -

@BlaineBlaine

This is what I was reminded of instantly, and I'm pretty surprised it didn't come up in this thread.

#29 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@christ0phe

@CL60: Trailer Park Boys...quality; what a great show

Indeed, was filmed 10 minutes away from my house.
#30 Posted by natetodamax (19216 posts) -
@CL60
@christ0phe

@CL60: Trailer Park Boys...quality; what a great show

Indeed, was filmed 10 minutes away from my house.
Whaaa? That's awesome.

It always pleases me greatly to see more fellow Trailer Park Boys fans. That's one of my favorite shows.
#31 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

I love it, turns on repeated plays of Babie Girl is not enjoyed by others.

#32 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

@Voxel said:

@CL60
@christ0phe

@CL60: Trailer Park Boys...quality; what a great show

Indeed, was filmed 10 minutes away from my house.
Whaaa? That's awesome. It always pleases me greatly to see more fellow Trailer Park Boys fans. That's one of my favorite shows.

Yeah, guy that played Ricky went to my high school. Not the same year as me, but I found his picture on the wall of graduates.

#33 Posted by AgnosticJesus (545 posts) -

My wife used to work weekend at a dive hick bar. My friends and I would go up and drink for free and everytime put $10 in the jukebox and play Mr. Roboto by Styx the whole time. Seeing the pissed off faces and angry reactions by those stupid rednecks was priceless.

#34 Posted by sawtooth (455 posts) -

I guess I can accept someone having fun by trolling on a jukebox, but getting the crap kicked out of you for it is just as acceptable.

#35 Posted by ddensel (388 posts) -

What? I thought people would get a kick out of hearing Tom Jones' What's New Pussycat over and over again.

#36 Posted by CosmicBatman (317 posts) -

Shitty music at bars is unavoidable. Alcohol helps this.

#37 Posted by Skunkboy72 (129 posts) -

@ThePickle: only because you have to flip a vinyl album over

#38 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

@sawtooth said:

I guess I can accept someone having fun by trolling on a jukebox, but getting the crap kicked out of you for it is just as acceptable.

Exactly. I would've loved if that story ended with Patrick and his friend getting made into a human pretzel (In my mind his friends has the same build as Patrick). It's the risk of throwing the die.

#39 Posted by GorillaMoPena (2269 posts) -

Karaoke trolling is next level.

In LA I sang Let In Snow and Jingle Bell Rock on different nights in a bar. Last time I sang Old McDonald. I think karaoke trolling is much less harmless because at least you are directly confronted by the prospect and it isn't a long set of circumstances.

#40 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -

@CL60 said:

@PulledaBrad said:

Both you and Patrick need to grow the fuck up.

ToRtanic was the best investment of your time ever bro!

#41 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

@TeflonBilly said:

@sawtooth said:

I guess I can accept someone having fun by trolling on a jukebox, but getting the crap kicked out of you for it is just as acceptable.

Exactly. I would've loved if that story ended with Patrick and his friend getting made into a human pretzel (In my mind his friends has the same build as Patrick). It's the risk of throwing the die.

Your blind hatred of Patrick is fucking sad, dude. He's a guy on the internet for fucks sake, keep your crazy rage to yourself, please.

#42 Edited by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

Blind hatred? I'm a huge fan of Patrick's writing, but his lame jukebox trolling and that story would have a perfect karmic end of him getting beat up by some aggro'd out meathead. If you're gonna troll, you're running the risk of getting caught and reprecussions happening. He got caught for shitty behavior, time to face the music.

#43 Posted by Bell_End (1208 posts) -

@TeflonBilly said:

Blind hatred? I'm a huge fan of Patrick's writing, but his lame jukebox trolling and that story would have a perfect karmic end of him getting beat up by some aggro'd out meathead. If you're gonna troll, you're running the risk of getting caught and reprecussions happening. He got caught for shitty behavior, time to face the music.

how badly would you of liked to off seen him beaten. what level of violence would of served him right.

#44 Posted by Galiant (2194 posts) -

I dislike people who go out of their way to specifically annoy people because it amuses them. It's incredibly juvenile.

#45 Edited by CL60 (16906 posts) -

@SeriouslyNow said:

@CL60 said:

@PulledaBrad said:

Both you and Patrick need to grow the fuck up.

ToRtanic was the best investment of your time ever bro!

Trying to start a TOR argument in a completely unrelated thread? COOL! Keep it to the TOR threads like you usually do all the time.

Grow up.

#46 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -

@CL60 said:

@SeriouslyNow said:

@CL60 said:

@PulledaBrad said:

Both you and Patrick need to grow the fuck up.

ToRtanic was the best investment of your time ever bro!

Trying to start a TOR argument in a completely unrelated thread? COOL! Keep it to the TOR threads like you usually do all the time.

Grow up.

Wait, so only you can troll? Ooooh OK.

#47 Posted by Bell_End (1208 posts) -

@Galiant said:

I dislike people who go out of their way to specifically annoy people because it amuses them. It's incredibly juvenile.

i like it. i sometime leave fake dog dirt on tables in restaurants for a laugh.

#49 Posted by dropabombonit (1492 posts) -

My friend and I tried Jukebox trolling the other night while waiting for a local gig to start. We put on Jesus of Suburbia and Viva La Vida a couple of times but mixed it in with songs from the likes of LZ and Hendrix. The worst was that at least half the bar were into new Green Day and Coldplay

#50 Posted by BradBrains (1141 posts) -

@CL60 said:

@christ0phe

@CL60: Trailer Park Boys...quality; what a great show

Indeed, was filmed 10 minutes away from my house.

Repping Colby What!