Leigh Alexander apologizes on her blog for behavior on Bombcast.

• 85 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

EvilNiGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By EvilNiGHTS
@TripMasterMunky said:
" I saw some people left comments on her blog calling her a cunt and such.Too bad some of you don't have anything better to do.Thanks for representing the Giant Bomb community so maturely. "
I concur. I hadn't felt much reason to post before now, but it seems that this podcast has shone a light on the worst parts of this community and I want to speak out against the contingent of posters who are so adamant about defending the awful "boys club" mentality they seem to think the site should have.
DBZ_Fanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By DBZ_Fanatic
@cool8man said:
" At first I said they should NEVER have her back on again, but I take that back. I think they should have her on again without a mic, and just berate her for 2 hours.  Then she could begin to understand how we felt.

• Calls Bioware losers, when she is an anime nerd, a blind rabid MGS fangirl, who spent years of her life organizing virtual world conferences.
  • Demands romance in Resident Evil from Capcom developer.
  • Spends an hour explaining why Second Life is not the future of the internet.
  • Without irony claims Nazi uniforms are sexy, especially on anime characters? Disgusting.
  • Spends another hour explaining without irony and in great specificity why Hideo Kojima is the most underappreciated genius in the game industry (possibly in the world).
I'm not sure whom I'm more angry at:A.)  This immature ignorant fangirl who has no self-control over her mouth B.) Giant bomb guys who never should have allowed her to do what she did (or even invited her on)C.) Myself for sitting through this painful 2 hour ear raping (The previous episode of the Bombcast was hilarious - I NEVER expected this)I don't condone violence against women, but there was seriously a point during the podcast where Ryan needed to reach across the table and slap her. "
you summed it up perfectly
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By pause422
@cool8man said:
" Holy shit she is a disaster of humanity. Things must be really bad at Gamasutra if this is the caliber of person that they hire.  I'm in disbelief that she has a job in this industry. The bar must be set really low for female game journalists if this girl can get a job. "
Wow are you a moron, seriously. I hope your joking, on so many levels. Same with the post above.
DBZ_Fanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By DBZ_Fanatic
@EvilNiGHTS said:
"
@TripMasterMunky said:
" I saw some people left comments on her blog calling her a cunt and such.Too bad some of you don't have anything better to do.Thanks for representing the Giant Bomb community so maturely. "
I concur. I hadn't felt much reason to post before now, but it seems that this podcast has shone a light on the worst parts of this community and I want to speak out against the contingent of posters who are so adamant about defending the awful "boys club" mentality they seem to think the site should have. "
Stop acting all "nice" and admit she was terrible which she was. When I go to GB and listen to a podcast labeled E3 Day 2 I expected to hear something about E3 and possibly what they saw on the second day not some girl complaning and telling us her theories. If I go to watch a hockey game am I gonna be happy that they played curling instead?? of course not and same thing in this situation. Also you may think these comments are rude and immature but I think that showing up to a podcast drunk is even worse. Having a couple drinks is fine but having too much, like she did, is just plain disgusting. 
Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f
deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@DBZ_Fanatic said:
"
@EvilNiGHTS said:
"
@TripMasterMunky said:
I concur. I hadn't felt much reason to post before now, but it seems that this podcast has shone a light on the worst parts of this community and I want to speak out against the contingent of posters who are so adamant about defending the awful "boys club" mentality they seem to think the site should have. "
Stop acting all "nice" and admit she was terrible which she was. When I go to GB and listen to a podcast labeled E3 Day 2 I expected to hear something about E3 and possibly what they saw on the second day not some girl complaning and telling us her theories. If I go to watch a hockey game am I gonna be happy that they played curling instead?? of course not and same thing in this situation. Also you may think these comments are rude and immature but I think that showing up to a podcast drunk is even worse. Having a couple drinks is fine but having too much, like she did, is just plain disgusting. 
"
Doesn't really matter how drunk she got. It still doesn't give people the right to go to her blog for the sole purpose of saying "You're a cunt blah blah blah don't ever come to my Giant Bomb again." If people want to go complain on her blog, then whatever, but keep in mind you're talking to real people. Just because a monitor shields you, doesn't mean you shouldn't be considerate.
MrWakka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By MrWakka
@DBZ_Fanatic said:
"
@EvilNiGHTS said:
"
@TripMasterMunky said:
"
One mistake is not an excuse for another.

Frankly a lot of immature people are making giant bomb look bad through their methods of criticising her, state your complaint, thats fine but the personal attacks only belittle the people making them.

Personally im a huge fan of BioWare, but im not going to sink to such a level as to insult and attack someone because they have opinions i disagree with. Voice your complaints but do so with some dignity. Really if some of you guys represented what the community at giant bomb is as a whole i wouldn't want to be part of it, thankfully you don't. 
Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#58  Edited By Dany

I did not thing that, I thought she brought some well thought out thoughts on video game topics, and things that aren't discussed on the bombcast. Yeah she swent on tagents alot but they all most likely had some drinks. I did not find anything wrong w/ what dhe brought to the table. I was actually thinking, if she got fired or laid off, or quit, she could bring alot to the the crew but when i came to check yall comments. I was suprised how many are acting like immature jackasses and are personally attacking her. You did not have to listen to the bombcast or her parts if you did not want to.

Skillface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59  Edited By Skillface

She was annoying. She was drunk. She apologized.

It doesn't mean she deserves personal attacks. Calm down, peeps.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#60  Edited By Brendan
@CoverlessTech:
I sympathise with you man, she was annoying, but you're spending way too much energy on it: she made good points, but she had little respect and was not self aware.  She apologized, let it go. 
Disgaeamad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#61  Edited By Disgaeamad
@cool8man said:
" At first I said they should NEVER have her back on again, but I take that back. I think they should have her on again without a mic, and just berate her for 2 hours.  Then she could begin to understand how we felt.

• Calls Bioware losers, when she is an anime nerd, a blind rabid MGS fangirl, who spent years of her life organizing virtual world conferences.
  • Without irony claims Nazi uniforms are sexy, especially on anime characters? Disgusting.
  • Spends another hour explaining without irony and in great specificity why Hideo Kojima is the most underappreciated genius in the game industry (possibly in the world).
I'm not sure whom I'm more angry at:A.)  This immature ignorant fangirl who has no self-control over her mouth B.) Giant bomb guys who never should have allowed her to do what she did (or even invited her on)C.) Myself for sitting through this painful 2 hour ear raping (The previous episode of the Bombcast was hilarious - I NEVER expected this)I don't condone violence against women, but there was seriously a point during the podcast where Ryan needed to reach across the table and slap her. "
That's a nice list of over-exaggerated points you have there, brah.
Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Dany
@DBZ_Fanatic said:
" i found out where she lives, lets just say theres a GIANTBOMB;) waiting for her in her mailbox lol BOOM!!!!!!!!!! "
That is just way to creepy, especially with the way people have been acting
cool8man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By cool8man
I take issue with your contention that she is a real person.

@EvilNiGHTS
said:
"
@TripMasterMunky said:
This has nothing to do with her being a girl. She is a disgusting human being who obviously should never be allowed to drink EVER. From her picture she looks very young and immature and  I can't imagine why on Earth the Bomb Cast guys would ever invite a retarded person like this on their show.
People need to stop defending her just because she is a girl. She is the Lindsay Lohan of podcasting. Someone needs to put her out of her misery. Even she realizes how vile she is. Shecouldn't stand listening to herself either.

I'm not even joking right now, if I was forced to be around a person like this in real life I would seriously consider killing myself. We need to get this girl in the military's hands ASAP and ship her out to Gitmo. This vile non-stop talking thing just might possibly be the worlds greatest torture device.

NMC2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#65  Edited By NMC2008

This is the first time I have ever hesitated listening to a Bombcast, I downed it this morning and still have not listened, and I really don't want to listen but I will skip through the chick parts because she sounds REALLY annoying from what people are saying. No more women on GB, OR!! No more drunk women on GB, OR!!! no more Leigh Alexander on GB, OR!!!!

EvilNiGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By EvilNiGHTS

I'd have to actually think she was terrible though. This certainly wasn't the first podcast to diverge from it's subject matter and it sure won't be the last. Your hockey analogy is flawed since you'd actually pay to go to a hockey game and so it has to be what's advertised. What do you pay to use this site?

As for her being drunk on the podcast, a number of guests and staff have been drinking in videos or on the podcast with the Age of Booty video being an obvious example. You take it as if she was drunk in court or something. You're citing a code of conduct where it doesn't even exist.

Bwast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#67  Edited By Bwast

We all do stupid shit when we are drunk. It's just a shame that her stupid moment was on the internets for all to flame.

teptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#68  Edited By teptom

I just finished listening to the Bombcast and she wasn't that bad...a little pushy but not that big of a deal.

JazzyJeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By JazzyJeff

I'm not seeing why this is such a big deal. I mean yeah, she was annoying, but so what?

Lifestrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Lifestrike
@Agnogenic said:
" It wasn't that bad. It was only one podcast anyways.EDIT: I take that back... it was pretty bad. "
lol
DBZ_Fanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By DBZ_Fanatic
@EvilNiGHTS said:
" I'd have to actually think she was terrible though. This certainly wasn't the first podcast to diverge from it's subject matter and it sure won't be the last. Your hockey analogy is flawed since you'd actually pay to go to a hockey game and so it has to be what's advertised. What do you pay to use this site? As for her being drunk on the podcast, a number of guests and staff have been drinking in videos or on the podcast with the Age of Booty video being an obvious example. You take it as if she was drunk in court or something. You're citing a code of conduct where it doesn't even exist. "
Well i'm planning on buying the iphone app and I have a hoodie:) And its not diverging from the topic that has people upset, diverging from topics is what GB does best lol, but its the manner in which she did it in. Telling the host of the show to sshhh is simply rude and her being drunk is no excuse for that. 
Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Dany
@DBZ_Fanatic said:
"
@EvilNiGHTS said:
" I'd have to actually think she was terrible though. This certainly wasn't the first podcast to diverge from it's subject matter and it sure won't be the last. Your hockey analogy is flawed since you'd actually pay to go to a hockey game and so it has to be what's advertised. What do you pay to use this site? As for her being drunk on the podcast, a number of guests and staff have been drinking in videos or on the podcast with the Age of Booty video being an obvious example. You take it as if she was drunk in court or something. You're citing a code of conduct where it doesn't even exist. "
Well i'm planning on buying the iphone app and I have a hoodie:) And its not diverging from the topic that has people upset, diverging from topics is what GB does best lol, but its the manner in which she did it in. Telling the host of the show to sshhh is simply rude and her being drunk is no excuse for that. 
"
yes, it kinda is in my oppinion
billcosby2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By billcosby2004
@DBZ_Fanatic said:
"
@cool8man said:

you summed it up perfectly
"
EvilNiGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By EvilNiGHTS
@cool8man said:
"
I take issue with your contention that she is a real person.

@EvilNiGHTS
said:
"
@TripMasterMunky said:
This has nothing to do with her being a girl. She is a disgusting human being who obviously should never be allowed to drink EVER. From her picture she looks very young and immature and  I can't imagine why on Earth the Bomb Cast guys would ever invite a retarded person like this on their show. People need to stop defending her just because she is a girl. She is the Lindsay Lohan of podcasting. Someone needs to put her out of her misery. Even she realizes how vile she is. Shecouldn't stand listening to herself either.I'm not even joking right now, if I was forced to be around a person like this in real life I would seriously consider killing myself. We need to get this girl in the military's hands ASAP and ship her out to Gitmo. This vile non-stop talking thing just might possibly be the worlds greatest torture device. "

Since a lot of the comments don't get much further than calling her a "bitch" I'd say the fact she's a girl forms a significant part of it. And the fact you can work up this sort of hatred toward someone you've spent less than 2 hours listening to on a podcast says worse things about you than her at this point. At least you have anonymity to hide behind, huh?
Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Player1

I can't listen to the podcast because of her. And I'm pissed about that. But oh well. They come out all the time. 

The nerd comments pissed me off though. She really needs to get out of the industry if she actually thinks that. I thought the whole "nerd thing" was a thing of the past.
Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Dany

I guess i would call my self a bioware fan and enjoyed the game. He r omments about us as nerds, psh i just passed that off,  thought that he was wrong and thought way to much about it

Curufinwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#77  Edited By Curufinwe

She was a bit and loud & annoying at times, but not that bad.

The fact that she had to suspend comments on her personal blog even after apologizing because some guy called her a "loudmouth c**t" is sad indictment on him.  There's no need to be that vicious.

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#78  Edited By skrutop

The few posts I've seen about it on the GB boards pretty well eviscerated her, but at least she owned up to it.

I don't remember the last Bombcast that I've listened to, but I guarantee you that I'll be checking out Leigh's talk of shame.  I subscribe to SVGL and I really enjoy reading what she has to say.  She takes on some aspects of gaming that I don't see covered elsewhere.  So she gets a pass for acting the fool.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#79  Edited By Milkman
@cool8man said:

The answer is C. Be mad at yourself for being completely pathetic.

You people really need to grow up. It's one thing to call her annoying and disagree with what she said (believe me I disagreed with pretty much all of it), it's another thing to call her a bitch. Leigh is obviously a friend of the Giant Bomb guys and I'm sure they don't appreciate some prepubescent dickwads calling their a friend a bitch.
Radar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#80  Edited By Radar

I've only listened to 15minutes or so and there's way too much talking over each other.... makes it a clusterfuck to listen to and she wasn't the only one doing it.

Curufinwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Curufinwe
What I learned during this E3:

cool8man has some serious issues with women.
Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Milkman

Wow, I just read through the comments on her blog post. All of you guys just made Giant Bomb look fucking terrible. That is absolutely ridiculous.

I think I'm done with this place for a while.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f
deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Milkman said:
" Wow, I just read through the comments on her blog post. All of you guys just made Giant Bomb look fucking terrible. That is absolutely ridiculous. I think I'm done with this place for a while. "
Agreed.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Jayge_

I'm supposed to be the one who makes other members feel embarassed to participate in the community, not the other way around :-/

Disgaeamad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Disgaeamad
@Milkman said:
" Wow, I just read through the comments on her blog post. All of you guys just made Giant Bomb look fucking terrible. That is absolutely ridiculous.

I think I'm done with this place for a while. "
I just read through them there, and I'm fucking disgusted. I can't believe that the community has fallen so far.
Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Hamz

Alright children time to stop throwing the toys out of the pram and grow up a little. I have read through both topics concerning Leigh Alexander's appearance on the bombcast and left them open in the hopes that positive and informed discussion could take place concerning it. Sadly all I've seen is some serious lack of maturity, finesse and general good manners from pretty much everyone.

I have to say I am pretty damned disappointed in you folks who couldn't atleast string a sentence together without outright insulting and cursing at the poor woman. I would of thought by now the community could realise restraint when you all post and make said post(s) coherent, mature and constructive. Sadly I seem to have overestimated and perhaps expected too much from some of you.

It is one thing to express dislike at her comments, her being on the bombcast or her general attitude and performance. It is entirely another to act like a bunch of monkeys squabbling, screaming and shouting over the thing as you have a tantrum about it. Not only does it make you as individuals look silly it also makes this entire community and website look bad as well and I'm sure Leigh has probably read the topics here about her and is likely upset and offended by them. Some of you have crossed the line and blown this way out of proportion and it seems the only way to stop it will be to lock this and the other topic covering the same subject.

The community has let itself down today. E309 finishes and people would rather bitch about this than discuss awesome video games related subject matter instead. A sad day and one I hope people will walk away from feeling shame for acting in such a manner.

Anyone who feels the need to vent, argue, debate, disagree or generally tell me to shove it where the sun doesn't shine is most welcome to do so via a PM to my inbox.

Locked.