#1 Posted by Zombutler (176 posts) -

So, I listened to all the E3 bombcasts and then I had to kind of shift all of my free time into a heavy workload, and only recently have I regained enough time to start listening to Bombcasts. Thing is, I'm 8 Bombcasts behind, from the 6-14-2011 show to the 8-09-2011 show. Basically my question is; if any of you even remember, are any of these less than memorable, i.e; no really hilarious/great moments which would make it alright for me to skip them? Or, do any of these have great moments that I can't skip? I know it's a ridiculous question, but I figured I would ask...

#2 Posted by Cloudenvy (5890 posts) -

I think the latest of handful of Bombcasts have been some of their best!

#3 Posted by buzz_clik (6837 posts) -

EVERYTHING THEY SAY AND DO IS GOLD HOW DARE YOU SUGGEST OTHERWISE GET OUT OF MY GIANT BOMB

*ahem* Actually, I really can't remember. I'm not saying that as a reflection of their quality either way, mind. Of course, the last three have been aces due to EMAIL! shenanigans.

#4 Posted by Kodo_Beast (129 posts) -

#5 Posted by Simmse (135 posts) -
Asking people to recall something that's unmemorable
#6 Edited by I_smell (3926 posts) -

^the above video really reminds me of Would You Rather

I can say that the passed couple podcasts have bin good, and the EMAILS thing is funny.

#7 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5117 posts) -

They can't all be winners.

#8 Posted by bartok (2371 posts) -

I think the show has been since consistently entertaining since I first started listening in early 2009.  Some shows are better then other but that is to be expected with any show ever made in the history of episodic entertainment.  People just like to imagine shit is going downhill rather then their taste may have changed. 

#9 Posted by Mikemcn (6875 posts) -

You listen to them all, or leave the site. Those are your choices, no honest duder skips the bombcast.

#10 Posted by Brendan (7512 posts) -

The thing is, I can't really recall which podcasts aren't memorable.

#11 Edited by I_smell (3926 posts) -

@Kodo_Beast said:

LOL Jeff doesn't say anything at all in this until about 03:35 where he says "...ah, what's a year of bad luck?"

Then nothing for another 2 minutes.

Then "if the dog's ass was just coated in chicken n dumplings then why not", which kills the whole fucking conversation.

#12 Edited by ShaggE (5982 posts) -

I can't remember.  

EDIT: Dammit. MY JOKE! MINE! :p

#13 Posted by CornBREDX (4456 posts) -

The first couple after E3 I remember them being really tired and the bombcasts suffered.

Lately though, are must listens. Last 3 or 4 are so good.

And yes, I agree- they can't always be gold but when they are on, they are on FIRE!

#14 Posted by countinhallways (632 posts) -

As most above have been saying, the last few episodes (4 - 5 in my opinion) have been solid gold. I would say give them all a listen if you have the time.

#15 Posted by ajamafalous (11591 posts) -

LISTEN TO THEM ALL.

I'm actually in the same boat as you. When the summer started I was still backed up to February. I'm up to E3 Day 3 now. So close to being caught up!

#16 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4307 posts) -
@I_smell said:

@Kodo_Beast said:

LOL Jeff doesn't say anything at all in this until about 03:35 where he says "...ah, what's a year of bad luck?"

Then nothing for another 2 minutes.

Then "if the dog's ass was just coated in chicken n dumplings then why not", which kills the whole fucking conversation.

i couldnt stop laughing after Jeff said what he said before Ryan ended the emails.  i dont want to spoil it for the OP
#17 Posted by supermike6 (3523 posts) -

The past 3-4 have been pretty much gold. 

#18 Posted by WickedCobra03 (2100 posts) -

"hook my mouth up to that dogs ass" - A one Young Jeffery Gerstmann from the 2011-07-26 Bombcast.

I have no idea what you are talking about, podcast quality has been amazing! Hell, Ryans IV-drip story like 2 weeks ago was awesome! Vinny getting into this Witcher stuff is great... the Quick Looks, the bombcast, and now they are making up fake fiction about the Warhammer and Witcher universes... (or so I'd assume... I know very little about it, but it seems like they do too so they just start talking about "Psychic eating robo jesus emperor from space"

I am not going to lie, I miss the hell out of Jeff, but Brad has been good the last few episodes though too, and Patrick subbing has been alright. Really though, there has not been one Giantbomb Bombcast in their history where I thought... "gee, that was a lost 2 hours of my life". Hell, the arrow pointing down podcasts where they were talking about mcdonalds and gatorade were funny!

#19 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6654 posts) -
@Kodo_Beast said:

This was great.
#20 Posted by MatthewTheBeast (150 posts) -

Echoing a few others, the last 3-4 bombcasts are quite good and most of the other backlogs are enjoyable as well. 

#21 Posted by Irvandus (2643 posts) -
@Cloudenvy said:

I think the latest of handful of Bombcasts have been some of their best!

Agreed
#22 Posted by Twisted_Scot (1169 posts) -

The etiquette of Baggles may help you out of an awkward situation one day.

#23 Posted by bybeach (4602 posts) -

There was one a few number back that the subject stayed the same for a long time, I only read the posts and didn't check it out. I have a backlog too, and all I remember was the one after, Ryan accidently causing a problem for somone in a hotel was pretty good..or maybe that was the one ppl. didn't like(was okay), can't remember exactly.

#24 Posted by bartok (2371 posts) -

Vinny's quest for the perfect Breakfast Burrito, Baggles, Random Emails, all good stuff and all pretty fucking recent.

#25 Posted by JJWeatherman (14485 posts) -

@Mikemcn said:

You listen to them all, or leave the site. Those are your choices, no honest duder skips the bombcast.

This is funny, but also true...

#26 Posted by MarxMygdala (45 posts) -

It's been in a slump the whole summer. It's just a dry spell for games, and Jeff's gone. Ehhhh.

#27 Edited by MariachiMacabre (6937 posts) -

@Kodo_Beast said:

This email was fan-fucking-tastic. I don't know why, but when Ryan says "He's also a pack-a-day smoker but can't buy them himself you have to do it.", it made me laugh so damn hard.

#28 Posted by JayDee (438 posts) -

every one since the california extreme 7-12 has been really good

#29 Posted by Walreese55 (481 posts) -

I'm going to go out on a hunch and say that the general consensus is listen to all of them

#30 Posted by Vexxan (4598 posts) -

There's always something funny worth listening to in every podcast, dont skip any of them!

#31 Posted by Meowshi (2911 posts) -

I'm amused by the number of people who clearly didn't even read the OP's post.

#32 Posted by solidlife (874 posts) -

GG!

#33 Posted by MattyFTM (14243 posts) -

I'd say listen to the 7/12 bombcast which was awesome because of the California extreme talk. And then try to listen to all of them since then, Ryan has been mixing up the format and it has been really entertaining.

#34 Posted by Paboned (132 posts) -

How dare you question The Great General Bombcast!

#35 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

The last four have been ridiculously funny.

#36 Edited by Master_Funk (723 posts) -

Couldn't stop laughing after ryan actually ended the bombcast and restarted it after the dice roll

#37 Posted by DeeGee (2096 posts) -

@Slayer22 said:

Couldn't stop laughing after ryan actually ended the bombcast and restarted it after the dice roll

That was hilarious. A good stroke of luck that happened too, since the whole 'roll the dice for segments' idea was pretty lame and not much fun.

#38 Posted by kristov_romanov (438 posts) -

They are always been great, but the last few have been even more magical than normal.

Dumpling shitting dogs, baggles, GG, emails!

#39 Posted by FireBurger (1479 posts) -
@bartok said:
I think the show has been since consistently entertaining since I first started listening in early 2009.  Some shows are better then other but that is to be expected with any show ever made in the history of episodic entertainment.  People just like to imagine shit is going downhill rather then their taste may have changed. 
This thread proves that a lot of people don't read beyond the topic title before posting...
#40 Posted by psylah (2153 posts) -

The July 5th podcast you could probably skip, they recorded it the previous week and had no new game discussion. It was also pretty short.

#41 Posted by Subbeh (90 posts) -

Other than some of the E3 stuff I honestly Can't remember ever having listened to a bombcast I didn't enjoy.
The E3 podcasts, while I do enjoy much of the content I just can't listen to that many people talking at once.

#42 Posted by TheLastNeo (433 posts) -
@Kodo_Beast@Kodo_Beast said:

OMG.. THIS!    Such an insane email, and equally insane reply by jeff..