granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By granderojo

@Pestulon said:

Have you guys seen the Japanese Twin Peaks themed Georgia Coffee commercials that were released with the Twin Peaks Gold Box? I think it's really cool how they made the commercials have a mini story arc.

Look like Lynch stayed true to his word...in film...lol.

@DarthOrange: One of the most quaint weird moments in the show is his speech to Truman. I hated Albert up to that point and that moment totally reversed that.

markonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By markonfire

I love a lot of things about the show–the atomosphere, and the wackadoodle conclusion for sure–but most of all, I love the fact that they use the same three music tracks for every single episode. The jazzy mystery/smash cut to the lodge/all purpose transition music haunts my dreams.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

zagzagovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54  Edited By zagzagovich

Twin Peaks apparently was really popular in Russia when I was growing up but until a few years ago I didn't watch it, chucking it up to be "another show my parents liked". But after the first episode I was ll the way in. Bizarre dialogue, interconnected character stories, incredibly apealing setting... It was just a perfect show for me. I liked it so much that I actually never finished the second season because I didn't want to know that this plase wouldn't be anymore. I liked the movie also, too bad about those deleted scenes, they sound really fun. Recently I found the second volume of the Russian novelization so I decided to finish watching the second season. Hope I won't be too bummed out when it ends.

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By granderojo
mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By mellotronrules

here's a conversation point-

THE LOG LADY INTROS:

yea or nay?

i'm personally a big fan. but i'm not going to lie, when she stated "...woe to those who behold the pale horse." i was more than slightly disturbed. episode 14 of season 2 did a number on my head. that GOD DAMN RECORD SKIPPING.

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By chrissedoff

I was really annoyed when I heard them say on the Bombcast that only the first season is worth watching. Their memories must be fuzzy on where the two seasons started and stopped. The murder investigation doesn't get wrapped up until almost halfway through the second season. The show goes off the rails after that, but the first nine episodes of season 2 are essential.

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By granderojo

@chrissedoff said:

I was really annoyed when I heard them say on the Bombcast that only the first season is worth watching. Their memories must be fuzzy on where the two seasons started and stopped. The murder investigation doesn't get wrapped up until almost halfway through the second season. The show goes off the rails after that, but the first nine episodes of season 2 are essential.

The murder mystery wasn't that important to me, I just enjoyed being in that town as long as we were and the interactions between characters in the scenarios. And to @mellotronrules: the log lady is great. Her best part for me was in the diner with Major Briggs. That moment really stuck out to me I think because it was both a moment of great suspense and absurdist comedy.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#59  Edited By EuanDewar

Fire Walk With Me is fantastic, I love it to bits.

Nasos100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#60  Edited By Nasos100

i still dont know what happened at the end

JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61  Edited By JazGalaxy

It's been a long time since I've seen it, but I think I'm one of the rare people who liked the second season more than the first. If I'm not mistaken, I liked how the second season went more into bizarre territory, which was the reason I wanted to watch the show to begin with.

The scene where the crazy homeless guy is crawling over the funiture toward the screen scared me as a grown man. I've given a lot of thought as to why I felt so strongly about it, and I think it has to do with the fact that the way the scene is shot, he's climbing over all the barriers that block him from you. The scene ends before he climbs over what would be the final barrier of the television set. I've often thought about that scene and kept it in my memory banks to use later in my writing.

Incidently, Does anybody but me remember Ben Affleck's Twin Peaks ripoff Push, Nevada? Tv show circa 2000 that was one of the first "high budget on tv" shows to exist? I LOVED that show and it's so little known that even the internet doesn't have much information on it, which strangely fits for shows like these. It never had a DVD release and as far as I know, I'm one of the only people who saw it/remembers it exists.

It follows the adventures of IRS agent Jim Prufrock as he investigates a small, strange town in the middle of the Nevada desert.

Similartiries to twin peaks include a normal button-down straight-man in the midst of a weird-and-getting-weirder town of misfits. An outsider sticking his nose in the business of a town where everyone is in on the secret. Extended periods of fugue-state storytelling. Absurdism. Etc,

You can finally find a the show on YouTube, as of like last year.

ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By ShaneDev

I have never seen an episode but after the talk on the bombcast and years of references in games and TV I will finally give it a try.

Pestulon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Pestulon

@chrissedoff said:

I agree. Only watching the first season would be awful. Lynch and Frost deliberately crammed in as many cliffhangers as they could into the season one finale to ensure the show gets picked up for a second one. Pretty much every single storyline ends in a major cliffhanger at the end of season one. And season two starts off very strong with the classic "May the giant be with you" episode. So yeah. the first half of season two is, like chrissedoff put it, essential.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Oldirtybearon

@Pestulon said:

@chrissedoff said:

I agree. Only watching the first season would be awful. Lynch and Frost deliberately crammed in as many cliffhangers as they could into the season one finale to ensure the show gets picked up for a second one. Pretty much every single storyline ends in a major cliffhanger at the end of season one. And season two starts off very strong with the classic "May the giant be with you" episode. So yeah. the first half of season two is, like chrissedoff put it, essential.

I just started watching the show over this last weekend, and I have to agree. If I had followed their advice and stopped watching after Cooper opens the door and gets pumped full of action I'd be pretty pissed.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e5619720a117
deactivated-5e5619720a117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They'll never be anything on TV like it again. Carnivale came close though. I'd love so much for the 25 years later thing to happen, but I doubt it will. Fire Walk With Me is pretty great in its own right too. Tonally a bit different than the show (almost all of the humor is missing from the movie), but still an extremely compelling and disturbing piece of work.

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By granderojo

@Oldirtybearon said:

@Pestulon said:

@chrissedoff said:

I just started watching the show over this last weekend, and I have to agree. If I had followed their advice and stopped watching after Cooper opens the door and gets pumped full of action I'd be pretty pissed.

From listening to that interview I posted in the OP, it's clear to me that since the first season they had wanted to end Twin Peaks final conclusion with Audrey being where Annie was in the final dream sequence. That had been the goal since season 1 but since Kyle MacLachlan was knocking boots with Heather Graham, he refused to have a romantic relationship on the show with Audrey. It was originally intended for Annie to just be a throwaway character. I think if the original plan had happened like intended that final season would have carried a lot more weight. When you start thinking about how Donna finds out that she's Audrey's half sister on that final episode...that final episode would have carried so much more weight.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Oldirtybearon

@thabigred: Gee dude. Thanks for spoiling a huge chunk of season 2. :D

Avatar image for crosstheatlantic
CrossTheAtlantic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By CrossTheAtlantic

Twin Peaks is like my favorite thing ever. Still need to see Fire Walk With Me though because I like most of Lynch's other stuff, I have a feeling I won't mind the seriousness of it as some do.

@thabigred: Actually, MacLachlan was in a relationship with Lara Flynn Boyle when he objected to Coop being in a relationship with a high schooler (apparently not noting the irony of such a veto). But yeah, this led to Annie and Billy Zane fucking showing up.

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By granderojo

@CrossTheAtlantic said:

Twin Peaks is like my favorite thing ever. Still need to see Fire Walk With Me though because I like most of Lynch's other stuff, I have a feeling I won't mind the seriousness of it as some do.

@thabigred: Actually, MacLachlan was in a relationship with Lara Flynn Boyle when he objected to Coop being in a relationship with a high schooler (apparently not noting the irony of such a veto). But yeah, this led to Annie and Billy Zane fucking showing up.

Yeah I didn't know who it was at the time, I just knew that at some point MacLachlan dated Graham. I guess that was after the show aired. I need to listen to that podcast the one guy posted earlier where Sheryl Lee & Sherilyn Fenn was interviewed together. I wonder if they had any more incites into that debacle.