• 55 results
#1 Posted by Quemador (165 posts) -

So i was walking listening to the bombcast, stop for the light to change , i look to my right and i see Alex Navarro next to me while i was listening him talk in the bombcast.......

#2 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

Cool, uh, story. Is that it?

#3 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

Depending on your opinion of him, did you:

A) Say hi.

B) Hug him.

C) Punch him in the stomach.

#4 Posted by Quemador (165 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ: Well... it just strange, i did not say hi or anything, did not want to look like an stalker or an annoying fanboy.

#5 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4970 posts) -

Well that was a thing...

#6 Edited by DarthOrange (3851 posts) -

You should have punched him in the mouth and told him to go back to the east coast.

#7 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

@Quemador said:

@FluxWaveZ: Well... it just strange, i did not say hi or anything, did not want to look like an stalker or an annoying fanboy.

I am sure a quick hello would not be annoying. Unless you are hysterical.

@OllyOxenFree said:

Well that was a thing...

Guh, I hate whenever I see that in article titles or he/anyone says it. It is the most 'emptied' way to communicate a thought.

#8 Posted by Quemador (165 posts) -

@DarthOrage hahaha i can't it was here in NY

#9 Posted by DarthOrange (3851 posts) -

@Quemador: Oh then you should have told him to never go back California. We don't need any more of his kind in this beautiful state.

#10 Posted by W0lfbl1tzers (1787 posts) -

@Dany said:

@OllyOxenFree said:

Well that was a thing...

Guh, I hate whenever I see that in article titles or he/anyone says it. It is the most 'emptied' way to communicate a thought.

I think that's purposeful.

#11 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

@Quemador said:

You get 2 brad points for doing the right thing

#12 Posted by ShaggE (6336 posts) -

The correct course of action is to point to your MP3 player and say "Your voice is in my head, Alex! A voice from THE PAST! Even though you are standing here staring incredulously at me, my ears are hearing you discuss video games!"

#13 Posted by Blackout62 (1329 posts) -

@ShaggE: You know the situation is awkward enough for that to work.

#14 Posted by SuperZamrod (269 posts) -

That's pretty fucking cool. You definitely should have said hi or something.

#15 Posted by ShaggE (6336 posts) -

@Blackout62 said:

@ShaggE: You know the situation is awkward enough for that to work.

It works in ALL situations. The more minor the celebrity status of the recipient, the better, too. It also helps to break the ice if you forcibly smear lipstick on their faces.

(quick aside: I love it when avatars match by chance. :D)

#16 Posted by bigsmoke77 (788 posts) -

Frigging small world, you should have said something to him!

#17 Posted by Patman99 (1558 posts) -

Im pretty sure the right course of action is to unzip you jacket and show him your Giant Bomb t-shirt. Dont gotta say anything but he'll know what you mean.

#18 Posted by VisariLoyalist (2990 posts) -

I've thought of these sort of scenarios. I imagine if I ever ran into them on public transit I would try to make them acknowledge me by browsing giantbomb with my screen is their visual field (and yes I also don't deal with my problems directly)

#19 Posted by Enigma777 (6057 posts) -
@McGhee said:

A) Say hi.

B) Hug him.

D. Make sweet, sweet love to him. 
#20 Posted by notdrew (86 posts) -

@Quemador: i met Ryan Davis and Dave Snider outside after a comedy show and i feel like i came off as a crazy fanboy. I literally couldn't have a civil conversation and started rifling out words that barely made any sense. They were cool dudes though!! I just wish i handled the meeting a bit better. I tweeted to Dave and Ryan after and Dave tweeted back which was pretty sweet of him, and that definitely calmed me down from feeling like a fool after the incidental meet.

I agree with everyone though, a quick hi is usually pretty cool. They don't get recognized as much as you might think, so i'm sure they appreciate it when anyone comes up and says that they're a fan.

#21 Posted by ZombieSpace (286 posts) -

Just roll down the window and blast that shit.

#22 Posted by Daiphyer (1308 posts) -

@Enigma777 said:

@McGhee said:

A) Say hi.

B) Hug him.

D. Make sweet, sweet love to him.

E. First shout: I AM GONNA MAKE SWEET LOVE TO YOU FROM BACK BROTHER then make sweet love to him.

#23 Posted by TheMadmanMaple (28 posts) -

Boy, thank God this story didn't take place at a rest stop. That would have been awkward.

#24 Posted by Daiphyer (1308 posts) -

@TheMadmanMaple said:

Boy, thank God this story didn't take place at a rest stop. That would have been awkward.

Or even worse, when they are sitting on stalls next to each other.

"Dudeee are you Alex Navarro?!"

"Yea ..."

"Dudee I am totally listening to you on Giantbombcast!"

"...."

"How's it going there dude?"

#25 Posted by lord_canti (1503 posts) -
#26 Posted by DoctorTran (1544 posts) -
@Quemador

@DarthOrage hahaha i can't it was here in NY

That would have made it even better.
#27 Posted by Alex (1973 posts) -

Clearly, the best way you could have handled this situation was to flag me down, stare me straight in the eye, and say, "Your voice is in my head. RIGHT NOW."

Staff Online
#28 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -
@Alex said:

Clearly, the best way you could have handled this situation was to flag me down, stare me straight in the eye, and say, "Your voice is in my head. RIGHT NOW."

This. A million times. Over and over again.
#29 Edited by alternate (2686 posts) -

are you sure it was Alex? Lots of ppl in San Fran have those hipster douchbag beards. :D

#30 Posted by Red12b (9079 posts) -

@OllyOxenFree said:

Well that was a thing...

#31 Posted by elcalavera (341 posts) -

@alternate said:

are you sure it was Alex? Lots of ppl in San Fran have those hipster douchbag beards. :D

Why post this? Like, what does it bring to the table?

#32 Posted by DjCmeP (1148 posts) -

You didn't even kick him?

#33 Posted by adoggz (2044 posts) -

@lord_canti: nonono its more like

#34 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

You should have talked to him about his favorite film, Shark Night 3D.

#35 Posted by alternate (2686 posts) -

@elcalavera said:

@alternate said:

For my own amusement. The fuck do you care? It is pretty much in tone of the whole topic, not like I ruined a serious debate you were having.

It is not as if I am even an Alex hater, I like him, but he and all his friends know he has a silly hipster hockey-puck beard.

#36 Posted by elcalavera (341 posts) -

@alternate said:

@elcalavera said:

@alternate said:

For my own amusement. The fuck do you care? It is pretty much in tone of the whole topic, not like I ruined a serious debate you were having.

It is not as if I am even an Alex hater, I like him, but he and all his friends know he has a silly hipster hockey-puck beard.

All the "I hate Alex/Patrick/w/e WAAAAH" has just started to become really grating, that's all.

#37 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@Alex said:

Alex replying to a thread about someone almost meeting Alex...

INCEPTION

#38 Posted by alternate (2686 posts) -

@elcalavera said:

@alternate said:

@elcalavera said:

@alternate said:

All the "I hate Alex/Patrick/w/e WAAAAH" has just started to become really grating, that's all.

I get that. Stay off the neogaf GB threads. Ppl have a real axe to grind with Alex, Kessler - and to a lesser extent - Patrick.

#39 Posted by Tesla (1908 posts) -

That's pretty cool. There's nothing wrong with a quick "Hey I know you"...just don't creep out and try to make a new friend or anything.

#40 Posted by SSully (4128 posts) -

That's to bad you didn't say anything. A simple, "Hey, its pretty ironic seeing you because I am listening to you on the bombcast now. Keep up the good work duder!" Wouldn't be creepy, and still show you're a fan of their work.

#41 Posted by MacEG (253 posts) -

Man. I feel like I just got rickrolled.

#42 Edited by RandyF (137 posts) -

I met Alex (and the rest of the Giant Bomb crew) at PAX East this year and they were very nice and liked hearing from a fan, so I don't think he would've minded if you said hi.

#43 Posted by Brendan (7694 posts) -

I would have said something. It's too weird a situation not to.

#44 Posted by TheHBK (5463 posts) -

I would have rolled the window and told him he sucked on the bombcast to hurt his feelings.

#45 Posted by otoboke (48 posts) -

I was playing Rock Band this one time and Alex happened to walk into my living room. We exchanged glances before I left the house and stayed at a friend's to cool off. Talk about awkward.

#46 Posted by Quemador (165 posts) -
@Alex hahaha, Nah but it was pretty cool to see in person someone from the crew
#47 Posted by Willin (1279 posts) -

ARE YOU ONE OF THOSE PSP SUBWAY PEOPLE?

#48 Posted by InfiniteGeass (2051 posts) -

@Willin: Yo, I listened to that Bombcast on my PSP!

#49 Posted by JasonR86 (9609 posts) -

@Quemador:

No fucking Way! No way bro! You saw the 'real' Alex Navarro? In the mother-fucking flesh dawg? Fuck man, was it everything we've all dreamed?!?!?!?!?

#50 Posted by Little_Socrates (5675 posts) -

@Willin said:

ARE YOU ONE OF THOSE PSP SUBWAY PEOPLE?

I just totally lost it. Nice work.