• 52 results
#1 Edited by katanalauncher (215 posts) -
#2 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

oh please god no

#3 Posted by august (3874 posts) -

Yesssss

#4 Posted by McGhee (6075 posts) -

Wouldn't mind hearing Gary on the Bombcast again.

#5 Posted by endless_void (703 posts) -

HOLY FUDGE GET HYPED

#6 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4941 posts) -

Love me some Pach. Love me some Whitta. Love me some Green. Definitely love me some Bombcast. Sounds like a win-win to me.

#7 Posted by FesteringNeon (2168 posts) -

Pach always has something interesting to say, looking forward to it!

#8 Posted by Punk1984 (549 posts) -

You know I've never understood the Pach hate. I mean outside of the fact that he is a "suit" and always sides with "the man" what gives?

#9 Posted by face15 (1306 posts) -

Delightful.

#10 Posted by EuanDewar (5117 posts) -
#11 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4941 posts) -
@Punk1984 said:
" You know I've never understood the Pach hate. I mean outside of the fact that he is a "suit" and always sides with "the man" what gives? "
He doesn't side with the man. Don't get me wrong, I get how you could think that, but that's not his angle.

Linky
#12 Posted by Cheapoz (1064 posts) -

Like him. Hope Jeff and Ryan agree to this 'agressive self-invite' strategy.

#13 Posted by ZOnikJJ (260 posts) -

I love Pachter. He gives the business side of the industry which is a side we don't usually see. The video game business is still a business after all.

#14 Posted by benjaebe (2784 posts) -

Has Pachter ever, ever made a prediction that was right?

#15 Posted by cooljammer00 (2111 posts) -
@benjaebe said:
" Has Pachter ever, ever made a prediction that was right? "
Nothing he presumably couldn't spin.
#16 Posted by Vitor (2834 posts) -
@Ygg said:
" oh please god no "
oh God YES
#17 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -
@Punk1984 said:

" You know I've never understood the Pach hate. I mean outside of the fact that he is a "suit" and always sides with "the man" what gives? "

His remarks about PC gaming are retarded, just comes across like a misinformed moron.

1 example: $5000 PC needed for Crysis.

That was never, ever, ever the case. $1000 or less could run it well and my PC was living proof of that.
#18 Posted by Tennmuerti (8175 posts) -

As a dude, he seems like a decent guy.
As someone with an opinion on games, he is kinda painfull to listen to.

@bukkookkub said:

" Pach always has something interesting to say, looking forward to it! "

Unfortunately what he says is frequently misinformed/wrong.

@benjaebe said:

" Has Pachter ever, ever made a prediction that was right? "

Sure he did, otherwise it would be wierd. He is right roughly half the time, probability laws make sure of that.
#19 Posted by AOR (70 posts) -

This is gonna be way awesome. While Pachter may be wrong on his predictions, I always admire people who aren't afraid to show their love for videogames. His chipper attitude is also a breath of fresh air amidst a sea of ironic and sarcastic "videogames are cool, I guess" bloggers.

#20 Posted by Ghostiet (5455 posts) -

Am I the only person who absolutely loathes the guy for his bullshit predictions?

#21 Posted by chrissedoff (2183 posts) -
@Ygg: i think his $5000 computer comment has more to do with him being filthy rich than him not knowing anything about pc games.
#22 Posted by Forkstik (165 posts) -

Hmmm...good be interesting

#23 Posted by GeekDown (1170 posts) -

That sounds fantastic. Can't wait to hear the episode.

#24 Edited by Slaker117 (4843 posts) -

May 25th ( the proposed date) is my birthday. I'm an econ major and game design minor. Awesome.

#25 Posted by Zolfe (262 posts) -

in that tweet he also says greenspeak-jeff green and garry whitta,

so that means that old people giantbombcast like they did for one of their panels at one of those conventions

#26 Edited by Dylabaloo (1549 posts) -

If someone can make a living out of predicting the future, then they've earned my respect.

Patcher does seem like a nice guy and when they had that old man bombcast at some PAX panel awhile back with him Whitta and Green it was great, but are you sure its going to be this weeks Bombcast? I seem to remember Pachs twitter saying he's gonna be on the bombcast around mid-may.

@Slaker117 said:

" May 25th ( the proposed date) is my birthday. I'm an econ major and game design minor. Awesome. "
Ah just missed your post, gracias sir.
#27 Posted by p_p_o_d (543 posts) -

dont mind pachter.  He seems like a cool guy when he isnt in the same room as Geoff Keighley

but for the love of god keep Whitta off the bombcast.    
#28 Posted by Atomasist (2818 posts) -

While I like Pachter, I'd much rather have the Hip Hop Gamer on as a guest.

#29 Posted by emem (1975 posts) -
@Ghostiet said:
" Am I the only person who absolutely loathes the guy for his bullshit predictions? "
I'm sure some people feel that way.. the funny thing is that most people who complain about him being missinformed just don't like him or his style or whatever. His "predictions" are always speculations, based on facts/informations, combined with his own opinion and logic. Either you like him or you don't.. I love that guy.
#30 Posted by KaosAngel (13764 posts) -

...I guess I won't listen to today's show then.

#31 Posted by TheKing (844 posts) -

Pachter is the man!  

#32 Edited by SoldierG654342 (1827 posts) -
@emem said:

" @Ghostiet said:

" Am I the only person who absolutely loathes the guy for his bullshit predictions? "
I'm sure some people feel that way.. the funny thing is that most people who complain about him being missinformed just don't like him or his style or whatever. His "predictions" are always speculations, based on facts/informations, combined with his own opinion and logic. Either you like him or you don't.. I love that guy. "
I have a hunch that people dislike Patcher for the same reason that they dislike Jim Cramer; what they say is just speculation, but that's not how it's presented. 
#33 Posted by emem (1975 posts) -
@SoldierG654342: I'm sorry, but I've got no idea who Jim Cramer is. :)
#34 Posted by ArchV1le (232 posts) -

SOMEBODY MAKE THIS HAPPEN

#35 Posted by plop1920 (451 posts) -

Whitta? Ok we're good to go!

#36 Posted by I_smell (3925 posts) -

I hate that he has his own show on GameTrailers and acts like a big self-refferential doof like everyone's in on the joke or someting-- but aaaaaaa he's not a bad guy.

#37 Posted by WoodenPlatypus (1356 posts) -

Lawd.
#38 Posted by WickedCobra03 (2128 posts) -

Oh man, if we could get Jeff Green back on the Bombcast I would be in heaven.  I wouldn't mind a bombcast with Pachter sitting in... it might be alright.

#39 Edited by applet0n (654 posts) -

I like Pachter. Sometimes I feel he tries to take over the conversation when amongst people who probably know better than he does (specially on his GameTrailers appearances), and honestly I'd prefer he step a little further back and simply add his own angle every now and then to the conversation, instead of trying to steer it himself.

Gary is great too, glad to have him 'round the Whiskey offices anytime.

#40 Posted by buzz_killington (3532 posts) -

The Pach Man cometh!

#41 Posted by JEC03 (919 posts) -

Can't stand the guy.

#42 Posted by BonOrbitz (2299 posts) -

Christ, what's with all the Whitta hate? I'm all for him and Pachter to be on the Bombcast.

#43 Posted by Brendan (8292 posts) -

This sounds fantastic.  Can't wait!  

#44 Posted by Management (596 posts) -

Seems like many people loathe Pachter. Well I really enjoy hearing him talk, seeing as he got quite a lot of knowledge when it comes to what major companies should do to make money.

#45 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -
@Tennmuerti said:
" As a dude, he seems like a decent guy.
As someone with an opinion on games, he is kinda painfull to listen to.
Agree 100%
#46 Posted by RobotHamster (4178 posts) -

Oh shit Ice-T's gonna be on the bombcast!!!

#47 Edited by mnzy (2928 posts) -

So the bombcast will be pached?

Don't hit me.
#48 Posted by DjCmeP (1148 posts) -

I don't hate him...but he should just stay on the Bonus Round with his crazy ass predictions.

#49 Edited by JEC03 (919 posts) -

Gary Whitta is awesome but that data analysis guy no.

#50 Edited by Korolev (1740 posts) -

I don't hate Pachter - he's like ANY economics or business analyst - in other words, it's his job to pretend to know more than he does and make predictions in areas he's not qualified to do so. ALL business analysts do this, not just him. For that reason, I don't take his business advice seriously, but he often throws out interesting statements that provoke thought. And, due to the laws of probability, he's generally right about half the time (pure guessing will get you a 50/50 result). 
As for Gary - bring him on. He's great. Got no problem with Whitta.