• 55 results
MeanrockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MeanrockD

Whoever is editing the podcast, can you please stop layering music and sound under what people are saying. It seems like a nice idea when you're editing them, I know, but it's not when you're listening to it. I appreciate the time it takes to make these things and the effort required, so I say this with the upmost respect.

Music detracts from what people are saying, makes it hard to hear people when you're using public transport, and finally, not everyone's mind makes the same associations as everyone else. What seems perfectly fitting for you, might me the most jarring choice for someone else. I listen to the bombcast for the people the knowledge and the high production value.

I, and I think many others, don't listen to the Bombcast to hear the audio equivalent of clip-art.

Please, stop it, I beg you.

tyashki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I live for clippy.

ragnar_mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

It's just Vinny being a lovable smart ass. He was in charge of the podcast this week because of the PS4 thing. I like to think of it as aural tricaster madness. I laughed at the one where Jeff was trying to sell the new WoW expansion and just gave up midway through, causing the swelling music to dump out.

seanvail99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By seanvail99

This is ridiculous.

Vinny's editing was great. It accentuates bits and adds to the humour. Not once did it take away from what people were saying.

ltsmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please add more and louder music and sound effects. In fact, please have music relevant to the conversation playing under the entire podcast, in the manner of old Smodcast episodes.

Vinny is a mad genius.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By nightriff

Fuck you, it's awesome! Mister Grumpy Pants needs a nap

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

Nah it rules.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

It's good from time to time. I wouldn't want it every week.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By csl316

I thought the podcast's OST was emotionally engaging and made that Blockbuster story hit hard.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

I thought it was fun and an interesting change. Super happy they tried it out and played around a little.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By toowalrus

I LOVED this weeks podcast. I had the biggest, dumbest grin on my face every time some music faded it.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Somebody just needs to ship Fred's soundboard from the Howard Stern Show to Vinny. That would be a lot of fun!

Jetlag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jetlag

Is your entire post sarcastic? Because that's the only way I can read it that makes any sense.

ikilledthedj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whoever is posting these topics, can you please stop talking mess It seems like a nice idea when you're posting them, I know, but it's not when you're reading it. I appreciate the time it takes to make these things and the effort required, so I say this with the utmost respect and i speak for everyone here shut up the podcast is amazing.

Topics like these detract from what people are saying, makes it hard to read threads when you're working, and finally, not everyone's mind makes the same associations as everyone else.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Go away.

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

EMAILS [drop a bomb on it]

enough said

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4ea8fdbe490
deactivated-5a4ea8fdbe490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Vinny edited Bombcasts are brilliant. The audio he adds always has me laughing.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just want a NSMB-style "wah-wah!" every few seconds.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Some of it was good, some of it was awkward. I just wish there was a good excuse to use the eShop music every week. That is a jam.

Avatar image for weegieanawrench
weegieanawrench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

No way man, all those audio cues were great.

TheFridgeGC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vinny's editing was awesome. The fact he went out of his way to the kitchen to peel open a kraft singles packet just to overlay it while it is being talked about is pure genious.

Vinny doesn't take control often so it won't happen every week and you can have your dumb soundless audio mix, but when Vinny has control he uses these sound bits and swells of music to accentuate what somone is saying, not detract from it.

It is like the old days of dumb video stuff on livestreams, but now in audio form.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whoever is editing the podcast (Vinny), please ignore this supercilious douche. Thanks.

Duecenage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I really dig it. It added another level of goofy hilarity to the show.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I listen to the bombcast for the people the knowledge and the high production value.

Haaahahahaaaaaaaahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

(man I hope the OP's not serious)

Felgrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am thoroughly confused by this post.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I, and I think many others, don't listen to the Bombcast to hear the audio equivalent of clip-art.

Eh...

theQman121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Because of the audio added this was probably one of my favorite episodes ever.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

@meanrockd is dead wrong. These Vinny-edited episodes are fucking awesome. The parodies of NPR and live radio are just masterclass.

defordj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By defordj

I think it's absolutely amazing, far better and more interesting than the usual landscape of the bombcast, and I couldn't disagree with the OP more.

Lanechanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OP, stop trolling, this was one of the best podcasts and you know it.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#31  Edited By Giantstalker

People hate the OP for providing constructive criticism, but I think he's right. He tried to express something politely, but hey, why not just rip into him because it's an unpopular opinion...

fonkymucker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vinny's editing was awesome. The fact he went out of his way to the kitchen to peel open a kraft singles packet just to overlay it while it is being talked about is pure genious.

...It was at that precise moment that I knew that this was the best bombcast every put on (digital) wax.

1momosauky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By 1momosauky

Yeah fuck you OP that shit was amazing.

defordj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People hate the OP for providing constructive criticism, but I think he's right. He tried to express something politely, but hey, why not just rip into him because it's an unpopular opinion...

Not trying to rip into him, just disagreeing in the strongest possible terms. Just in case anybody associated with the Bombcast (i.e. Vinny) ever happens to see this thread, I feel like he should know that what he's doing is awesome and not to change a thing.

JayEH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By JayEH

I don't know what you're talking about. The editing was great and made for one of the funniest podcasts in a long time especially that Patrick story. KEEP PUTTING THE MUSIC IN Y'ALL

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@giantstalker said:

Well that makes 2 people. Not quite "many others" but at least more than just the OP!

More audio clip art!

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jetlag said:

Is your entire post sarcastic? Because that's the only way I can read it that makes any sense.

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I'm a bit torn on the music cues this week. I agree with everything the OP says, but I also found some of it to be super entertaining. It should remain a once in a while thing, this episode is special, and Vinny edited episodes should remain that way.

The OP doesn't deserve the crap many of you are piling on top of him.

Avatar image for deactivated-629fb02f57a5a
deactivated-629fb02f57a5a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Once in a while like yesterday is fine. I think, if it were a consistent part of the podcast it would lose its charm rather quick.

Casey25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Casey25

I would prefer they swap editing responsibilities every couple of weeks. Most of the time listeners get a classic jeff-edited podcast with a humorously raw intro and sometimes the old school bomcast theme. Then some weeks we get vinny's goofy editing antics and that sweet, sweet compilation theme. I like it I just wouldn't want the extra editing to get too tiring.

MeanrockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, I seem to have hit a nerve here.

I can understand that people can appreciate novelty in their entertainment, which the audio mix in the most recent podcast has provided. These are, clearly, just my opinions, and I'd suggest that we could have this discussion in a more respectful tone. As a member of the community, I am discussing an issue that I can see becoming a problem, as members of the same community, you are well within your rights to disagree. However, do not confuse being brusque and rude with forthright and honest.

The reason I'm concerned by this is that I believe that Giant Bomb's strengths are in the personalities of the people, not loony-toons sound effects. The constant escalation of whackyness ends up generating individuals like Pew Die Pie and his ilk. I can hear a dramatic tale and sense the rising tension without needing a cartoon thundercrash and rising "dun dun duuuun" to inform my emotions. I can hear a rambling story about a funny day without having a corresponding tune to let me know I should be interpreting it as a carefree tale. Trust the people listening to have the ability to correctly interpret what they're hearing on their own terms, don't dumb it down just so people can recognize when they're meant to be laughing.

When I talk about the high production values of Giant Bomb, I'm talking about the clear audio visual output of the team. They have their fun, but at the end of the day, you're getting clean audio on the podcasts and good video on the set. Giant Bomb has always had an unadorned sensibility, where the flair comes from the people involved and their honest reactions, rather than mugging at the camera and trying too hard to be amusing. Going back and watching the many hours of GB footage, the Tricaster has been sparingly used on the whole, and listening to the literally hundreds of hours of podcasts reveals a distinct lack of whackyness for the most part.

To reiterate my point: What is perfect for some is jarring for others, freedom of interpretation is key component of interesting media.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

I don't mind it, but if it was like that every week I'm sure I would be sick of it.

Thanks4ThePiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meanrockd: I listen to the Bombcast for the personalities. The production value and industry knowledge are just bonus sodas. Vinny Caravella 4 Life.

Satsugai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

Personally, I'm waiting for the bombcast with Natural Born Killaz under all 3 hours, New Jack style.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Ben_H  Online

This episode was hilarious. Vinny's editing made it so good. Especially the World of Warcraft part.

chiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vinny's editing was a breath of fresh air. I really miss having him in charge of the tricaster.

RobotSquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is like the old days of dumb video stuff on livestreams, but now in audio form.

Man, you're so right. I miss that stuff. Not worth the trade-off of having Vinny off camera, but it always brought a smile to my face.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

'fraid you're in the minority here OP.

leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By leebmx

@meanrockd I might agree with you if it was every week, but it just seems to be when Vinny is in the hot seat so I think I can take it. I have to say I didn't find all the 'extras' amusing this week (didn't understand the need for the weird country at the end) but enough of them were just on-point enough to make it worthwhile. I suppose I'd compare it to when Jeff used to bring in that weird Keyboard/Vocoder he had for while. I can see how that would wind some people up but I found it funny.

I think post-Ryan the Bombcast has to take some different directions, and I think we should cut them some slack to experiment.

EDITED: for too many amusings

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will fucking fight you. These has been the best goddamn podcasts since forever. Anyone remember Talkradar? It's like that, by which I mean fucking awesome. Vinny needs to start layering music from the games they're talking about at the moment.

PS It's not novelty, it's quality. Learn to discern.