#401 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10484 posts) -

@Doomed said:

Is anyone else counting down to the emergency transmission around the Wii U launch day?

I can't tell you how happy I would be if the WiiU marked the return of the NDX and those amazing descriptions. Even if Jeff made it a subscriber only feature. That would be the thing to bring me over the edge.

#402 Posted by NyxFe (248 posts) -

@MooseyMcMan said:

@Doomed said:

Is anyone else counting down to the emergency transmission around the Wii U launch day?

I can't tell you how happy I would be if the WiiU marked the return of the NDX and those amazing descriptions. Even if Jeff made it a subscriber only feature. That would be the thing to bring me over the edge.

I would gladly pay $50 a year just to hear Jeff read terrible Nintendo download descriptions.

#403 Posted by iAmJohn (6109 posts) -

This is a game that apparently exists on the eShop. I only know of its existence because I StreetPassed someone who played the demo.

THE "DENPA" MEN: They Came By Wave
From Genius Sorority; $9.99.
Radio waves are all around you. However, what you might not know is that, at any and all times, mysterious little creatures float around near these waves. They're called "Denpa" Men. You can't see them normally, but you can find them and catch them with your Nintendo 3DS.
This is a role-playing game in which you collect Denpa Men to form a party, and use this party to explore dungeons.
Each radio wave territory has its own completely unique Denpa Men, and no two of them are ever the same! Their faces, bodies, and personalities are all differentm and some of them even have special skills and strong points. There's a practically infinite number of variations! Sometimes you'll even find Denpa Men who are exceptionally strong.
Try searching in lots of different places to form your own team of these wonderful tiny critters, and take them on an adventure to rescue a certain special someone from the clutches of the King of Evil!

If only there was a podcast out there to tell us about all these new and interesting eShop releases, so I didn't have to rely on creeps in Gamestops for my eShop information...

#404 Posted by Animasta (14648 posts) -

@iAmJohn: the world isn't ready for the return of the nintendownload x-press

#405 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3105 posts) -

So much waiting in this room.

#406 Edited by Harpell (146 posts) -

@iAmJohn said:

This is a game that apparently exists on the eShop. I only know of its existence because I StreetPassed someone who played the demo.

THE "DENPA" MEN: They Came By Wave
From Genius Sorority; $9.99.
Radio waves are all around you. However, what you might not know is that, at any and all times, mysterious little creatures float around near these waves. They're called "Denpa" Men. You can't see them normally, but you can find them and catch them with your Nintendo 3DS.
This is a role-playing game in which you collect Denpa Men to form a party, and use this party to explore dungeons.
Each radio wave territory has its own completely unique Denpa Men, and no two of them are ever the same! Their faces, bodies, and personalities are all differentm and some of them even have special skills and strong points. There's a practically infinite number of variations! Sometimes you'll even find Denpa Men who are exceptionally strong.
Try searching in lots of different places to form your own team of these wonderful tiny critters, and take them on an adventure to rescue a certain special someone from the clutches of the King of Evil!

If only there was a podcast out there to tell us about all these new and interesting eShop releases, so I didn't have to rely on creeps in Gamestops for my eShop information...

Yeah, it's been really hard for me to figure out what the hottest new downloadable releases for Nintendo products are, lately. Without paragraph-long descriptions detailing the latest and greatest downloadable titles, it can be really difficult to follow.

#407 Posted by SSully (4125 posts) -

Endurance Run of all eShop titles to date?

#408 Posted by Sackmanjones (4652 posts) -

I have been waiting for the train for a loong time...

#409 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4307 posts) -

Choo choo motherfuckers.....

#410 Edited by Doomed (195 posts) -

No emergency transmission for the Wii U. ;_;

Someone tell that if he did a charity drive for a new NDX episode, he'd solve world hunger.

#411 Posted by Hailinel (23917 posts) -

Someone lock this fucking thread.

#412 Posted by GenghisJohn (256 posts) -

Remember the ep that Ryan hosted? That was awesome

#413 Posted by NegativeCero (2976 posts) -

You people are crazy for bumping this thread every so often.

#414 Posted by VisariLoyalist (2990 posts) -
#415 Posted by TheHT (10893 posts) -

Until the heavens fall, and the night sky is filled with blackness, when the all hope fades and bonds of fellowship are broken, I'll be here, waiting, for you, Nintendo Download Xpress!

#416 Posted by Pr1mus (3814 posts) -

Anyone has a link to the bombcast where the idea for the NDX was born? I remember Alex being there and Jeff describing what that would be and how fucking terrible it would be.

#417 Posted by UnrealDP (1221 posts) -

One damn day this thread will be the harbinger of the best news this side of the Eshop, but for now, we wait.

#418 Posted by Irvandus (2826 posts) -

The wheels of the express churn with the drums of war; the time is near.

#419 Posted by fisher81 (535 posts) -

:(

#420 Posted by Doomed (195 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

Someone lock this fucking thread.

@NegativeCero said:

You people are crazy for bumping this thread every so often.

It's a sticky. Who cares? If they didn't want it to be bumped they wouldn't sticky it.

@Pr1mus said:

Anyone has a link to the bombcast where the idea for the NDX was born? I remember Alex being there and Jeff describing what that would be and how fucking terrible it would be.

It's in one of the "best of" compilations that that one guy does.

#421 Posted by Hailinel (23917 posts) -

@Doomed: Then it should probably be unstuck. This thread has served its purpose and the NDX ran its course. It's in the past. The diehards that think hearing Jeff read descriptions of downloadable games is somehow still entertaining are crazy.

#422 Posted by august (3827 posts) -

Unbreak my heart.

Say you'll NDX me again.

#423 Posted by BlackLagoon (1383 posts) -

@Pr1mus said:

I'm pretty sure it was the 01-18-2011 one. Though, I believe Jeff actually briefly joked about it once before, in one of the final regular 2010 podcasts when Ryan first started talking about cutting the segment.

#424 Posted by Phatmac (5721 posts) -

RIP NDX. :(

#425 Posted by Winternet (8006 posts) -

Man, NDX is so great you guys.

Choo Choo!

#426 Posted by BlackLagoon (1383 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

The diehards that think hearing Jeff read descriptions of downloadable games is somehow still entertaining are crazy.

Ah, but the NDX was so much more. By the end of it, Jeff had discovered the existence of non-Nintendo related download services, and was still trying to figure out what possible appeal these strange things could have. I can wait for him to explain how wonderful the Wii U eShop is... or maybe he turns out to be a WiiWare traditionalist. Maybe he thinks Nintedo sold out, abandoning its core principles to ape the cool new thing. The possibilities are endless...

#427 Posted by Pr1mus (3814 posts) -

@BlackLagoon said:

@Pr1mus said:

I'm pretty sure it was the 01-18-2011 one. Though, I believe Jeff actually briefly joked about it once before, in one of the final regular 2010 podcasts when Ryan first started talking about cutting the segment.

Yes that's the one, thanks!

#428 Posted by Winternet (8006 posts) -

So this happened.

#429 Posted by Doomed (195 posts) -

Dude, not cool. This is exclusive subscriber content.

DUDE, SO COOL. NDX 5 LIFE

#430 Posted by RenegadeDoppelganger (406 posts) -

@Winternet: After a tough week at work, this is the best possible thing I could come home to.

#431 Posted by Winternet (8006 posts) -

Everyone needs to know the awesomeness that is to be a subscriber.

#432 Posted by SerHulse (685 posts) -

@Winternet: This certainly more than makes up for the lack of Premium content recently!

#433 Posted by Phatmac (5721 posts) -

NDX IS BACK BITCH

#434 Posted by Doomed (195 posts) -
#435 Posted by Korolev (1700 posts) -

The real reason why there is no more NDX is that the train has become that weird hover train from the end of Back to the Future Part 3 and Jeff's talking about Nintendo downloads to the Mayans thousands of years ago. The train's gotta keep on chugging, even in time periods where there were no trains. How else, do you think, people got the idea for trains? Jeff Gerstmann. Time Traveller.

#436 Posted by glyn (382 posts) -

Berman Braun have just purchased a new niche NDX website.

#437 Edited by Mr_Skeleton (5137 posts) -

@Winternet said:

So this happened.

Man using two versions of Giant Bomb really fucks with my head.

#438 Edited by HerbieBug (4212 posts) -

Uh! Yeah! Uh! Uh! What? Uh! Yo!

Uh!

#439 Posted by VisariLoyalist (2990 posts) -

@Mr_Skeleton said:

@Winternet said:

So this happened.

Man using two versions of Giant Bomb really fucks with my head.

the start of a new era of the NDX?!

#440 Edited by Turbyne (98 posts) -

I really didn't think Jeff was the least bit serious when he said he was recording his rap mix tape.

Holy shit.

He should feature v-pain.

#441 Posted by GaspoweR (2809 posts) -

@Winternet said:

Everyone needs to know the awesomeness that is to be a subscriber.

YES. They need to know.

#442 Posted by Nentisys (886 posts) -

I need NDX straight in the vein.

#443 Posted by LevelUpAdrian (158 posts) -

The truth of the RAP Man's NDX posting on Beta is revealed.

#444 Posted by bsingh (2 posts) -

NDX is my world.

#445 Posted by Winternet (8006 posts) -

Guys?

#446 Posted by LassieME (230 posts) -

Guys?

We need to get the NDX back on the site, who's with me?

#447 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Never forget.

#448 Edited by VikG (133 posts) -

Just give me another episode detailing the exploits of Mr Rick "The Ricker" Petersen.

#449 Posted by Winternet (8006 posts) -

Whenever I'm having a crappy day, I can always take comfort in this thread.

#450 Edited by Bollard (5258 posts) -

@lassieme said:

@winternet said:

Guys?

We need to get the NDX back on the site, who's with me?

I'm down.