• 103 results
#1 Edited by clintlandon (60 posts) -

I've always loved the different pieces of bombcast episodes that would get turned into different form of animation, so this is my attempt. I hope other fans of the Bomb Squad enjoy it, and I hope to make more.

Let me know what you guys think!

#2 Edited by Sterling (1714 posts) -

Very nice good sir.

#3 Edited by CornBREDX (4454 posts) -

It's great. Don't want people not looking at it.

Your animation style reminds me a little of when Terry Gilliam used to do animation.

You just need to work on the lip syncing a little bit so the mouths match the words better but I'm nit picking at that point. =)

#4 Posted by Chango (478 posts) -

Awesome job.

#5 Edited by ILikePopCans (710 posts) -

Very good. Very good indeed sir. Sure do like Jeff stab face

#6 Edited by bigjeffrey (4151 posts) -

Jeff Looks Amazing

#7 Edited by DEFE (197 posts) -

This is excellent. I like Jeff all dressed up for war.

#8 Posted by SgtSphynx (928 posts) -

damn good job.

#9 Posted by Ramone (2931 posts) -

Well done good sir.

#10 Posted by clintlandon (60 posts) -

Thanks so much for checking out the video and the feedback! You guys are awesome!

#11 Posted by Wolfgame (567 posts) -

glad this got bumped, that was great man

#12 Edited by ZombiePie (5364 posts) -

@clintlandon: Video embedding is working on the site again so I went ahead and edited your original post to include the video in it.

Keep up the good work by the way.

#13 Posted by Flappy (2032 posts) -

I'm diggin it. Kudos, homie.

#14 Posted by Claude (16251 posts) -

Haha, nice job.

#15 Posted by MAJID (169 posts) -

Incredible! Well done, sir.

#16 Posted by HeyGuys (152 posts) -

The knife from Cobra, nice touch.

#17 Edited by LTSmash (555 posts) -

The GB crew needs to up their game and start wearing waistcoats on UPF.

#18 Posted by UlquioKani (932 posts) -

Beautifully done. The style you used looks great. I love the animation over the photos.

#19 Edited by Evilsbane (4325 posts) -

The animation with this particular piece was Super Effective

#20 Posted by Captain_Felafel (1522 posts) -

Excellent! Love the style. Keep it up, duder!

#21 Edited by dudeglove (7240 posts) -

Animation is great but you probably should've focused on the difference between normal audio and 1920s style so as to emphasize the contrast and as a result make it funnier etc.

#22 Posted by clintlandon (60 posts) -

@zombiepie: Thanks for the help! I really appreciate it.

#23 Posted by clintlandon (60 posts) -

@dudeglove: Thanks for the feedback! I get what you mean, but I prefer not covering or altering their voices, since they're already doing hilarious voices to mimic that sound and style.

#24 Posted by jiggajoe14 (511 posts) -

War Jeff was spectacular

#25 Edited by Deadlydog (135 posts) -

Great! Keep it up, This animation made me realize Brad really needs to provide a source of his information lol. Kinda like how RoosterTeeth puts Links to things below the podcast.

#26 Posted by dudeglove (7240 posts) -

@dudeglove: Thanks for the feedback! I get what you mean, but I prefer not covering or altering their voices, since they're already doing hilarious voices to mimic that sound and style.

You mean you didn't already add some sort of plug in or change the original audio? Or am I going mad?

#27 Edited by clintlandon (60 posts) -

@dudeglove: Good catch! I actually made the whole thing on my iPad. From drawing to editing. I couldn't find a decent way to rip the raw audio without using a computer, which I was adamant not to do, so I ended up recording the podcast from my phone to my iPad. That's why it sounds a little tinny.

#28 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (4415 posts) -
#29 Posted by Demoskinos (13823 posts) -

Disgusting amount of talent on display here. Awesome job. You and @lackingsaint are ripping it up on these animations.

#30 Posted by SunBroZak (836 posts) -

I'm loving this trend of animated bombcast shorts. Great work.

#31 Posted by LackingSaint (1689 posts) -

Really awesome, dude! You have a very unique style. Maybe worth thinking more about a uniform line-thickness if you do any more of these? It does look a little odd when sometimes the whole drawing is the same line-thickness then sometimes the line-thickness on the body is way heavier than it is on the head. But hey, apart from that I love it. Happy to have more duders doing GB animations!

#32 Posted by clintlandon (60 posts) -

@lackingsaint: Thanks for looking! And I agree. The different style with some of the Vinny stuff comes from reusing assets from my first attempt, which was more more "cartoon-y". Most of those will be remodeled when I do the next one. It's cool you picked up on that!

#33 Posted by DrHughJwang (3 posts) -

This is really impressive. Good job duder!

#34 Posted by Subjugation (4693 posts) -

@dudeglove: Good catch! I actually made the whole thing on my iPad. From drawing to editing. I couldn't find a decent way to rip the raw audio without using a computer, which I was adamant not to do, so I ended up recording the podcast from my phone to my iPad. That's why it sounds a little tinny.

But that totally works given the context of the piece you are animating. It sounds even more "old timey" as a result, which I thought was just perfect. I really enjoyed this, thanks for sharing.

#35 Posted by Optix12 (571 posts) -

I liked it. Great work duder! Also, that one shot of jeff looks amazing.

That one shot of Jeff is not only crazy but to me it could easily fit into a film like waking life ( which is rotascoped) and considering you're only using audio from a bombcast then major kudos to you sir. Please make more as I love that art style

#36 Posted by clintlandon (60 posts) -
#37 Posted by Eviternal (188 posts) -

Superb.

#38 Posted by Winternet (7935 posts) -

Very good stuff, sir.

#39 Posted by SharkMan (580 posts) -

nice!

#40 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (807 posts) -

Pretty cool

#41 Edited by kerse (2036 posts) -

Nice job.

#42 Edited by ChosenOne (190 posts) -

Watched it and enjoyed it.

#43 Posted by narujoe93 (2408 posts) -

Its like a cross between the Ricky gervais show and tom goes to the mayor (well, the visuals remind of tgttm, except the characters are blue and white in that).

Anyway, nice job. If they had the time/budget animating the podcast would be kind of neat

#44 Posted by Demoskinos (13823 posts) -

Its like a cross between the Ricky gervais show and tom goes to the mayor (well, the visuals remind of tgttm, except the characters are blue and white in that).

Anyway, nice job. If they had the time/budget animating the podcast would be kind of neat

I can't even imagine how much effort it would take to animate a 3 hour podcast. It would be awesome to see someone attempt that though.

#45 Posted by StarvingGamer (7546 posts) -

Hey @marino: this is super spiffy

#46 Posted by JeanLuc (3518 posts) -

Great stuff duder, keep it up!

#47 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4655 posts) -

That's the knife from Cobra, right? Nice touch. Good work overall!

#48 Posted by AMyggen (1974 posts) -

So cool, and great choice of Bombcast segment.

#49 Posted by Ghostiet (5153 posts) -

Holy shit, I thought that was intentional, since it totally worked within the context of the bit.

#50 Posted by President_Barackbar (3344 posts) -

THAT'S what it reminds me of. I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but it totally does remind me of Tom Goes to the Mayor.