This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Ryan (1263 posts) -

Awesome Bombcast listeners! If you subscribe to the show through iTunes, you've likely noticed that the promo image has been missing since the redesign. In the process of re-uploading the most recent whodunnit motif image this morning, when I realized that I'm freakin' tired of that image. Much love to @TurboToaster for the art, and it's been a good run, but it's time for a change.

That's where you come in! If you've got something you think fits the bill, post it on this thread, and I'll pick the winner when I see it. How does a free piece of Giant Bomb merch sound as a reward? Well, too bad, because that's all we've got!

My only guidelines here are:

1. The image must be 1400x1400. This is actually a requirement handed down by iTunes.

2. No copyrighted business. You're free to steal staff images or old site art, but f'real, you'll have a far better chance with original designs.

And that's it! Go nuts, you guys!

Staff
#2 Edited by Rolyatkcinmai (2684 posts) -

Well this is going to have some ridiculous entries. @buzz_clik Where you at, Cal?

#3 Edited by Atwa (617 posts) -

I am ready for some totally ridiculous entries.

#4 Posted by BeefyGrandmole (348 posts) -

Man if I was able to do art stuff and wasn't so lazy I'd be all up in this. I hope Ryan is sitting on a cake in the new image.

#5 Edited by Winternet (8012 posts) -

Does this mark the beginning of the Giant Bombcast Season 4?

Can't wait to see the entries.

#6 Posted by KarlPilkington (2709 posts) -
#7 Posted by OneAndOnlyBigE (438 posts) -

Oh god I can't wait.

#8 Edited by gelatinabomination (184 posts) -

Let's get ridiculous.

#9 Posted by Morbid_Coffee (954 posts) -

I hope I win.

#10 Edited by FinalDasa (1587 posts) -

@morbid_coffee: If you don't win a true injustice will have occurred. Durgers forever.

Moderator Online
#11 Edited by MariachiMacabre (7070 posts) -

As you can see, Jeff is holding a jar and a controller, Ryan (or Ryman) has a delicious can of coconut milk, Brad has his trusty keyboard, Vinny is being very careful holding his son Max and Patrick has a dinosaur and a ghost. I think this picture best reflects the interests of the Bombcast crew and the site at large.

#12 Edited by Fobwashed (1954 posts) -

I was thinking about what a Bombcast Voltron would look like a few weeks back. I even drew out a rough and it was absolutely absurd. I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of madness duders here come up with =D

#13 Posted by SquirrelCheese (13 posts) -
#14 Posted by jaecee (31 posts) -

#15 Posted by WilltheMagicAsian (1544 posts) -

#16 Posted by mintyice (177 posts) -

#17 Posted by Morbid_Coffee (954 posts) -

So I just had a legitimately good, non shit post idea I want to make for this before I realized I probably don't have enough time to do it. :(

#18 Posted by zudthespud (3281 posts) -

This is immediately as dumb as I hoped it would be. Nice job guys!

#19 Edited by JohnDudebro (924 posts) -

#20 Posted by MattyFTM (14364 posts) -

I'd post a dumb joke entry, but I've been beaten by so many people, it would be stupid at this point.

#21 Posted by YoThatLimp (1895 posts) -

I love you assholes.

#22 Posted by Alexander (1721 posts) -
#23 Edited by Greebman (115 posts) -

#24 Posted by WilltheMagicAsian (1544 posts) -
#25 Edited by JohnDudebro (924 posts) -

@mattyftm said:

I'd post a dumb joke entry, but I've been beaten by so many people, it would be stupid at this point.

I don't know what you mean. MY entry is deadly serious, but maybe some other assholes are just fucking around.

#26 Edited by Rolyatkcinmai (2684 posts) -
#27 Posted by Fattony12000 (7262 posts) -

#28 Posted by Rayeth (1031 posts) -
#29 Edited by CJduke (786 posts) -

As you can see, Jeff is holding a jar and a controller, Ryan (or Ryman) has a delicious can of coconut milk, Brad has his trusty keyboard, Vinny is being very careful holding his son Max and Patrick has a dinosaur and a ghost. I think this picture best reflects the interest of the Bombcast crew and the site at large.

I vote for this

#30 Posted by Hamst3r (4479 posts) -

I'm simply here to present an idea to @buzz_clik or anyone else who can draw something fierce: Heavy Metal band photo. Jeff, Ryan, Brad, Vinny and Patrick, with long hair, standing around in leather jackets, grimacing into the camera.

#31 Posted by KanyeEast (32 posts) -

Here you go guys no need to thank me

#32 Posted by NickL (2246 posts) -

@willthemagicasian:Chilli flakes on... baby food?

I honestly can't tell if you are joking or have never experienced hummus in all its glory.

#33 Edited by Zeeco (104 posts) -

This is gonna be good.

#34 Posted by MX (228 posts) -

my contribution

#35 Edited by bigjeffrey (4904 posts) -

#36 Edited by Soapy86 (2620 posts) -

#37 Posted by Metal_Mills (2986 posts) -

#38 Edited by Crushed (884 posts) -

i had to make this real quick during social studies because the teacher took away my pokemon cards because the principal said they made us gamble with the devil

#39 Edited by chilibean_3 (1632 posts) -

This was a glorious mistake, Ryan.

#40 Posted by rachelepithet (1391 posts) -

I don't have photoshop but you're welcome to this idea fellow forumners. The Social Network/Ziggy Stardust photo but with Luchadeer's head. And the text overlay says things like "cunt, big dog pitbull, emails"

#41 Posted by Bollard (5396 posts) -

I love how there are 0 serious entries so far.

#42 Edited by Icicle7x3 (1177 posts) -

This was a glorious mistake, Ryan.

I don't think we've hit bottom yet.

#43 Edited by selfconfessedcynic (2497 posts) -

Oh god

#44 Posted by KanyeEast (32 posts) -

I don't know what you're talking about, sir or ma'am.

#45 Posted by UlquioKani (1043 posts) -

Can people point me to good quality images of the staff, all the ones I've been looking at are not great.

#46 Posted by Jams (2960 posts) -

#47 Posted by kerikxi (538 posts) -

@mx said:

my contribution

Can't stop laughing at Patrick's picture.

#48 Edited by MariachiMacabre (7070 posts) -

@chavtheworld said:

God, you're judgmental. What about my entry says it's not serious? Just because I'm not some computer/photoshop whiz doesn't mean you gotta shit on my hard work.

#49 Posted by mellotronrules (1179 posts) -

guise when is the buttcast going up.

#50 Posted by Aegon (5470 posts) -

I was met with a pretty positive response when I suggested something like this 2 years ago: