This topic is locked from further discussion.

#151 Posted by brainwins (253 posts) -

My entry! Office-based because obviously the Bombcast are a bunch of corporate shills now who are just doing it for the man.

Not the best, but figured i'd throw it up anyway!

(I added a plate of spaghetti in front of Vinny to be culturally sensitive)

My vote!

#152 Edited by charlie_victor_bravo (1038 posts) -

Originally I thought of image where Ronald Reagan is wrestling with the Luchadeer but I got lazy...

#153 Posted by B0nd07 (1699 posts) -

I'm not quite 100% on any of these (2nd and 3rd being the closest), but here's a few I've been working on.

#154 Posted by Mezmero (1961 posts) -

Has anyone done one with the Bombadiers as the bridge crew of The Enterprise? Simple yet effective no? Vinny as Picard, Jeff as Worf, Ryan as Ryker, Drew as Data, Patrick as Wesley Crusher, Brad as LeForge. I could be completely off base with these associations. I just think it's worth considering. So far I'm leaning towards the Persona4 portraits but there have been some pretty good ones in this thread.

#155 Posted by BisonHero (6665 posts) -

@b0nd07: Yours are the most...on-brand and appropriate for people who don't already know a bunch of Giant Bomb in-jokes. Put another way, yours make the most sense.

I'm not sure if that would put them really high on Ryan's list, or really low.

#156 Posted by Kerned (1170 posts) -

What if the Bombcast was a jazz album from the 1960s?

#157 Posted by wumbo3000 (989 posts) -

@b0nd07: The third one is awesome.

#158 Posted by matti00 (672 posts) -

@kerned: Dude? Dude. Fucking awesome.

#159 Posted by SSully (4230 posts) -

I love when users make graphic shit for this site, it's always so damn fantastic.

#160 Posted by Beomoose (688 posts) -

Oh man, the expressions!

@kerned said:

#161 Edited by OfficeGamer (1087 posts) -
#162 Edited by Aegon (5701 posts) -

@kerned: Columbia Records is owned by Sony, not CBS. In 2013, that's a copyright infringement!

#163 Posted by Kerned (1170 posts) -

@aegon: Hm, but I wonder who owns the logo. At any rate, if they were to decide they wanted to use my design I'd obviously be happy to remove that logo.

#164 Edited by Winternet (8025 posts) -

@kerned: Oh, that's quite nice too. But, the names order should match the faces order. For us it doesn't make a difference, but for the random iTunes user that is new to the podcast and to the people that just listen to the podcast without ever using the site (weird, I know, but apparently those people exist) it would be unnecessarily confusing/misleading.

Man, the competition is getting stronger and stronger.

#165 Posted by MadScientist18 (14 posts) -

This one gets my vote...so good!

@lava said:

I used SupernormalStep's Images to put this together. I wish we could get a high-res version of the new logo Alexis did a great job with.

#166 Edited by Gnubberen (774 posts) -
@b0nd07 said:

I really like this one. It might be a bit more suited for a banner, but I still really like it.

#167 Posted by Duffyside (891 posts) -

@vextroid said:

Twas bored, made these:

Oh man, I WISH. I know they'd never go for this though. But man. ... Maaaan.

#168 Posted by mekon (286 posts) -
@b0nd07 said:

I really like this one. It might be a bit more suited for a banner, but I still really like it.

I agree. This is very good, but I think it looks too close to Tested's recent website character stencils though. I'm left with the impression that both sites still get on well after the split, and I can't find those stencils of Norm/Will/Adam/Jamie on the site anymore, but I think GB need to either define a look or just go a bit goofy.

#169 Posted by forkboy (1161 posts) -

@kerned said:

There have been some great solutions but oh man this is just fucking rad.

#170 Posted by LeeroyPinkerton (64 posts) -

@conmused: I'm digging that image. Looks great!

#171 Edited by B0nd07 (1699 posts) -

@bisonhero: @wumbo3000: Thanks, duders. Hopefully they're closer to the top than the bottom, BisonHero.

@Gnubberen: Thanks, and yeah, I'm still working on it. I'm thinking I'll put something else where the silhouettes are and move them below "Bombcast" to make it a bit more vertical.

@mekon: I get what you're saying. The silhouettes are actually from an older project of mine that I started before Jamie and Adam's Tested was a thing; I can see how you'd make that association though.

#172 Edited by Jimbo (9862 posts) -

@kerned said:

750M?!

#173 Edited by Kerned (1170 posts) -

@jimbo: How embarrassing! Fixed:

#174 Posted by BigJeffrey (5071 posts) -

@kerned said:

This one wins

#175 Posted by BisonHero (6665 posts) -

@kerned said:

Love the concept, but is it too much to ask to have the ordering of the names correspond to the ordering of the pictures? It seems like you've ordered the names by tenure on the Bombcast, or something of that nature, which is fine, but for people who haven't watched much video content on the site, they might get the wrong idea from the images below.

#176 Edited by Jimbo (9862 posts) -
#177 Posted by BigJeffrey (5071 posts) -

@kerned said:

Love the concept, but is it too much to ask to have the ordering of the names correspond to the ordering of the pictures? It seems like you've ordered the names by tenure on the Bombcast, or something of that nature, which is fine, but for people who haven't watched much video content on the site, they might get the wrong idea from the images below.

ordering of the names correspond to the ordering of the pictures?

That would be a nice touch fellow giant bomb user

#178 Edited by zudthespud (3283 posts) -

@kerned: I love it, put the names need to be in the same order as the pictures and that's a winner.

#179 Edited by iAmJohn (6123 posts) -

@kerned, @johndudebro, @conmused, & @aegon: Y'all have some seriously awesome designs. But I'm sorry, this can't not be my favorite:

@lackingsaint said:

Office-based because obviously the Bombcast are a bunch of corporate shills now who are just doing it for the man.

(I added a plate of spaghetti in front of Vinny to be culturally sensitive)

#180 Edited by Kerned (1170 posts) -

@winternet: @bisonhero: @bigjeffrey: Alright, I reordered the names to match the images. I had, as @bisonhero assumed, ordered the names by podcast tenure (or something like that anyway) but straight up names-to-faces does seem to work better. Thanks for the suggestion!

#181 Edited by TheSouthernDandy (3901 posts) -

@kerned said:

This is so good!

#182 Edited by LackingSaint (1830 posts) -

@brainwins @iamjohn For the record to you duders, I posted a much better version a little while ago!

Thanks for all the positive responses, everyone! I had some spare time so I decided i'd do some more prettying up; here's the updated version.

I added the bow, because of course this is the year of it. And yes, Brad is pulling the full Allard there.

#183 Posted by BigJeffrey (5071 posts) -

@kerned: this shit belongs on a vinyl. HOLY SHIT Giant Bomb Vinylcast Limited Edition Print. tell @ryan

#184 Posted by PillClinton (3291 posts) -

Hot damn! So many good ones now. It's too hard to choose, but I think b0nd07's 3rd image, the jazz album, and conmused's are my faves right now, in no particular order.

Oh, actually millerwakka's retro game cover and wacomole's are great too! Goddamnit, that's like all of them. Glad I'm not making this decision. Good luck killing artists' hopes and dreams, Ryan.

#185 Edited by SilentPredator (140 posts) -

@kerned: Really well done. I saw this picture with F.lux running, so it had a slight sepia tone to it. I realized it was on and after disabling it, the picture seems to pop a little too much if that makes any sense. It doesn't look bad, but I think having the sepia tone gives it the final touch to looking like something from the 60s. Just my opinion, of course.

#186 Posted by Zero_ (1975 posts) -

@kerned said:

This is so good!

That's great - reminds me of the This Year Podcasts images. Also, GLHB-750M should be GLHB-775M. :)

#187 Posted by Kerned (1170 posts) -

@zero_: Thanks! Someone else pointed out my 750 error. I posted an updated version elsewhere in this thread (also changed the order of the names in response to some other good feedback).

#188 Posted by Itwongo (1215 posts) -

@kerned said:

@winternet: @bisonhero: @bigjeffrey: Alright, I reordered the names to match the images. I had, as @bisonhero assumed, ordered the names by podcast tenure (or something like that anyway) but straight up names-to-faces does seem to work better. Thanks for the suggestion!

Yup, gonna have to go with this one.

#189 Edited by Butler (389 posts) -

Love all the other entries so far ^_^

#190 Edited by aquamarin (555 posts) -

@kerned said:

Alright, as good as some of the earlier ones were, I think this one fits the the album art quality of podcast art the best, and for lack of any better explanation, I can already imagine it occupying that space in itunes. A couple small gripes however... I think the lower font fits really well with the sort of mid-century corporate aesthetic that you're going for, but the upper fonts seem just slightly too clean and "word-processor-y" for the miles davis/john coltrane-esque theme. Maybe try searching for some slightly more nuanced mid-century fonts. Also maybe you could distress the photos themselves to make them look a little older and/or the whole thing to make it appear like a photo or scan of an LP cover.

#191 Posted by adoggz (2070 posts) -

@ryan said:

That's where you come in! If you've got something you think fits the bill, post it on this thread, and I'll pick the winner when I see it. How does a free piece of Giant Bomb merch sound as a reward? Well, too bad, because that's all we've got!

50 Brad Bucks

From the looks of this thread this incentive isn't cuttin' it. I'm going to go ahead and throw down on top of this a phat Gerstmann I have right here for the winner of this thing.

#192 Posted by ShinyTan (46 posts) -

If Ryan doesn't pick @kerned's I will cancel my premium membership

#193 Edited by face15 (1303 posts) -

Just made a few super simple ones using the podcast page background.

#194 Posted by donfonzie (206 posts) -

@butler:Anything with Matt Rorie wins automatically.

#195 Posted by ThatFrood (3377 posts) -
#196 Posted by Pudge (897 posts) -

@lackingsaint: Brad needs a cell phone in front of him. Otherwise that is perfect.

#197 Edited by deathstriker666 (1337 posts) -

@millerwakka: That's fantastic. Sharp and nicely detailed bump mapping there, love it. The torn effects look a little cheap though, I'd say get rid of them. Otherwise, it's perfect.

#198 Edited by Vextroid (1415 posts) -

Thought I would make another one:

#199 Posted by TruthTellah (9306 posts) -

How long do we have to create one? I might work on one today. :)

#200 Edited by Mezmero (1961 posts) -

That Pokemon pic on Ryan's twitter might have to win. Can't post it on my phone.