This topic is locked from further discussion.

#251 Posted by I_smell (3924 posts) -

Guys this is fucked up, I don't get a PM when people quote me any more.

#252 Posted by PillClinton (3291 posts) -

Holy shit, this is just ridiculous now. Too many great ones.

#253 Edited by OllyOxenFree (4970 posts) -

@teddie: I just want to roll Ryan Davis around like a Katamari. Rolling over frosted cakes and shit. Especially shit.

#254 Posted by Bulby33 (590 posts) -

@teddie said:

My "entry", but the competition blows it out of the water. Some awesome work so far duders.

My favorite so far. Nice job!

Online
#255 Posted by Skytylz (4031 posts) -

@conmused said:

@wacomole: Gave it a shot with a hole in the middle, but it got lost in the darkness of the bomb. So here it is with a spindle.

EDIT: Updated to add an arm/needle, too.

This one is really great. My vote is definitely for one of your variants or perhaps the album cover with all their faces lined up.

#256 Edited by Winternet (8015 posts) -

@i_smell: This is a pretty fun one. But, then I spotted a nyan cat, so fuck that.

#257 Posted by Eviternal (193 posts) -

Fighting chapped lips since 2008.

#258 Posted by Tajasaurus (846 posts) -

@i_smell: Ryan has a sweet set of pins, yo

#259 Posted by Abendlaender (2790 posts) -

Man, the thought that only one of these amazing pictures will be chosen is heartbreaking.

They should just cycle through all of them (of course they can't do that but holy shit there is so much awesome in this thread)

#260 Edited by I_smell (3924 posts) -

@winternet: I think it's hilarious that every GiantBomb live show has been cursed with a huge fucking Nyan Cat for the passed year.

Its funny cos it's not funny.

#261 Edited by Conmused (40 posts) -

@abendlaender said:

They should just cycle through all of them (of course they can't do that but holy shit there is so much awesome in this thread)

They can totally do that. It's not like podcast law makes you stick with one image. I imagine that only one person will "win", though.

#262 Posted by aurahack (2270 posts) -

@i_smell said:

@winternet: I think it's hilarious that every GiantBomb live show has been cursed with a huge fucking Nyan Cat for the passed year.

Its funny cos it's not funny.

I guess I'm the worst human being for still thinking Nyan Cat is awesome, then.

#263 Edited by Winternet (8015 posts) -

@aurahack said:

@i_smell said:

@winternet: I think it's hilarious that every GiantBomb live show has been cursed with a huge fucking Nyan Cat for the passed year.

Its funny cos it's not funny.

I guess I'm the worst human being for still thinking Nyan Cat is awesome, then.

Meh, not really. I think pedophiles are worst.

#264 Edited by Cheesebob (1236 posts) -

I gotta say, all of these are awesome and 10x better than anything I could do. Even the ironically shit ones.

#265 Posted by AlwaysBeClothing (1462 posts) -
#266 Posted by SeanFoster (867 posts) -

@conmused said:

@wacomole: Gave it a shot with a hole in the middle, but it got lost in the darkness of the bomb. So here it is with a spindle.

EDIT: Updated to add an arm/needle, too.

This is the one I'd most like to see on my iPhone lock screen when listening to the podcast.

#267 Posted by CrossTheAtlantic (1145 posts) -

@probablytuna said:

@teddie said:

My "entry", but the competition blows it out of the water. Some awesome work so far duders.

This is really good, I like it :)

Dat brad

Yeah, Brad totally makes it for me. Perfect.

#268 Edited by FlipperDesert (2083 posts) -

Edited mine to address some issues. Lightened the bomb to make the texture come through, removed the corner tears because they looked bootsy, and generally tweaked it. Continued to wrestle with the age old question "Should Bomb Have A Face?" but just couldn't get it to work in this style.

@teddie:

I love it! Great expression of character. Maybe the background could be flashed up a little? Nothing complicated, just... I dunno. Love it, though!

This isn't getting nearly enough love, so I just wanted to say it's my favourite.

#269 Edited by Teddie (29 posts) -

@teddie:

I love it! Great expression of character. Maybe the background could be flashed up a little? Nothing complicated, just... I dunno. Love it, though!

Yeah, I went through about 10 different variations of backgrounds and today I decided I liked it with an actual floor. Backgrounds aren't really my strongpoint.

I also fixed up the "H" in "THE" because it kind of turned into a blob at smaller sizes. Also, thanks for all the kind words guys, really appreciate it :)

#270 Edited by Daveyo520 (6689 posts) -

@teddie said:

My "entry", but the competition blows it out of the water. Some awesome work so far duders.

I like this the best.

#271 Edited by Fobwashed (1990 posts) -

I may be too late to submit joke entries, but I'm doing it anyway. I'd like to see something like this.

#272 Edited by super2j (1668 posts) -

@yesac2004 said:

@lava said:

I used SupernormalStep's Images to put this together. I wish we could get a high-res version of the new logo Alexis did a great job with.

Holy shit yes

I really like your Idea but it lacked something. The first one is my favourite, those dark shades really make Pat's and Jeff's hair look great.

#273 Edited by Lava (666 posts) -

@super2j: I like the first one too. Thanks for taking my design and making it better!

#274 Posted by DonutFever (3551 posts) -

@super2j said:

@yesac2004 said:

@lava said:

I used SupernormalStep's Images to put this together. I wish we could get a high-res version of the new logo Alexis did a great job with.

Holy shit yes

I really like your Idea but it lacked something. The first one is my favourite, those dark shades really make Pat's and Jeff's hair look great.

I really like your third one.

#275 Posted by myketuna (1679 posts) -

I may be too late to submit joke entries, but I'm doing it anyway. I'd like to see something like this.

I can see where this is/was going and I like it a lot.

Online
#276 Posted by coribald (312 posts) -

This. It has to be this. This is amazingly good.

@kerned said:

@winternet: @bisonhero: @bigjeffrey: Alright, I reordered the names to match the images. I had, as @bisonhero assumed, ordered the names by podcast tenure (or something like that anyway) but straight up names-to-faces does seem to work better. Thanks for the suggestion!

#277 Edited by SamFo (1528 posts) -

@teddie said:

My "entry", but the competition blows it out of the water. Some awesome work so far duders.

I like this the best.

This is exceptional

#278 Edited by super2j (1668 posts) -

I made this into sick wallpaper for myself, but then i realized that this may still be desired here. So i post it but I maintain the red version is better. Guys I am never been so proud then the wallpaper I made.

#279 Edited by I_smell (3924 posts) -

I really like the idea of a space theme.

This is extremely messy, and it's someone else's art, but GiantBomb as some kind of retro-future galaxy-force is really fun.

#280 Edited by Fobwashed (1990 posts) -

If it's in space. I decree that Jeff needs to be an Egyptian.

#281 Edited by Chop (1996 posts) -

@kerned said:

@winternet: @bisonhero: @bigjeffrey: Alright, I reordered the names to match the images. I had, as @bisonhero assumed, ordered the names by podcast tenure (or something like that anyway) but straight up names-to-faces does seem to work better. Thanks for the suggestion!

I swear, I got a full on boner from this one. It has to be this. This has to win.

#282 Posted by Winternet (8015 posts) -

The problem with the Persona-like art entries is that it doesn't say Bombcast. It just says Giant Bomb. I'm not sure, but I would have to guess that saying bombcast on the image is of utmost importance.

#283 Posted by Cramsy (1166 posts) -

@skytylz said:

@conmused said:

@wacomole: Gave it a shot with a hole in the middle, but it got lost in the darkness of the bomb. So here it is with a spindle.

EDIT: Updated to add an arm/needle, too.

This one is really great. My vote is definitely for one of your variants or perhaps the album cover with all their faces lined up.

Pack it up people, here it is.

#284 Posted by Xeiphyer (5602 posts) -

@super2j: No 16:9 version by chance eh? I wouldn't mind throwing that up on my desktop but I hate having black banding on backgrounds.

#285 Edited by Sweep (8845 posts) -

I feel like the Persona 4 art design that keeps being reposted is imbalanced. There's too much empty space on the left side of the image. I say scrap the logo and just throw all the other characters in there as well.

Just screwing around but in my head it looks kinda like this:

Moderator
#286 Edited by super2j (1668 posts) -

@xeiphyer: check the gallery in my profile, there is a 2560×1440 version.

#287 Posted by derFeef (11 posts) -

Just for funsies, inspired by goddamn Blood Dragon :) (I have it in higher res ofc...)

#288 Edited by Nev (547 posts) -

@cramsy said:

@skytylz said:

@conmused said:

@wacomole: Gave it a shot with a hole in the middle, but it got lost in the darkness of the bomb. So here it is with a spindle.

EDIT: Updated to add an arm/needle, too.

This one is really great. My vote is definitely for one of your variants or perhaps the album cover with all their faces lined up.

Pack it up people, here it is.

My vote goes to this one, too. Hands down the best.

#289 Edited by AssInAss (2621 posts) -

You sure some of you do this just for fun? Because goddamn do some of you need to get hired as graphic designers ASAP!

#290 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3859 posts) -

I may be too late to submit joke entries, but I'm doing it anyway. I'd like to see something like this.

sweet jebus Fob please finish this. looks amazing

#291 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4339 posts) -

The variations of the persona esque GB crew are my favorites.

#292 Posted by JazzyJeff (400 posts) -

Should I keep rolling with this?

#293 Posted by Winternet (8015 posts) -
#294 Edited by Conmused (40 posts) -

I was just tooling around in Photoshop, trying to figure out how legible my submission would be, if actually used on an iphone (or in itunes). Ended up making this:

The podcast app has blurry text, so I might take a second pass at the mockup. But it all looks super crisp on my phone, so I'm not too worried about that. In general, just gives a decent idea of how it all might look.

Here's a link to my template, if you're interested in making your own:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r08xb5zjji4byuv/Bombcast%20Mock.psd?m

Ignore the font warnings - just don't replace any text, and you'll be fine.

#295 Edited by Ryan (1263 posts) -

@hamst3r said:

I decided to make something gross looking:

ugly glitchy nonsense.

Uhh, I kinda adore this one. This won't win, but it is my total pet favorite right now.

Staff
#296 Posted by Winternet (8015 posts) -

@ryan: whos' going to win? who's going to win? who's going to win?

#297 Posted by BisonHero (6453 posts) -

Should I keep rolling with this?

I do enjoy that Jeff and Brad are zombies for no particular reason.

#298 Edited by Ryan (1263 posts) -

After excruciating minutes of internal deliberations, I've decided to go with @conmused's disturbing blind tongue-bomb demon nightmare! Lot of really good work in here, particularly @hamst3r, @wacomole, and @teddie. If you've got something in progress, or you just wanna take another whack at this, you can be rest assured that I'll eventually get sick of this image and need something else to replace it with. So don't stop!

Staff
#299 Posted by Winternet (8015 posts) -
#300 Posted by Shaka999 (470 posts) -

@thepickle: I don't care who wins, but just know that I love your idea.