This topic is locked from further discussion.

#301 Edited by Akyho (1693 posts) -

@ryan: Now comes the harder decision....go with the original bomb tongue demon or the bomb tongue demon with skeuomorphism vynl record motif?

#302 Edited by Conmused (40 posts) -

Woohoo!

There was some good competition in here. Pretty stoked to know that this might be something left open, because I have a few other ideas that might take a little bit longer.

#303 Posted by Hamst3r (4557 posts) -

@ryan said:

@hamst3r said:

I decided to make something gross looking:

ugly glitchy nonsense.

Uhh, I kinda adore this one. This won't win, but it is my total pet favorite right now.

Thanks! :D

#304 Edited by datarez (569 posts) -

My votes are for the red logo record or the CBS bombcast album cover.

#305 Edited by SeanFoster (882 posts) -

@conmused said:

I was just tooling around in Photoshop, trying to figure out how legible my submission would be, if actually used on an iphone (or in itunes). Ended up making this:

The podcast app has blurry text, so I might take a second pass at the mockup. But it all looks super crisp on my phone, so I'm not too worried about that. In general, just gives a decent idea of how it all might look.

Here's a link to my template, if you're interested in making your own:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r08xb5zjji4byuv/Bombcast%20Mock.psd?m

Ignore the font warnings - just don't replace any text, and you'll be fine.

I love the way it looks on the phone. If it doesn't win, I wish there was a way I could just use it anyway.

EDIT: Nevermind, it looks like you did win! Congratulations!

#306 Edited by Winternet (8035 posts) -

This was a great competition.

#307 Edited by ILikePopCans (769 posts) -

@conmused said:

When the world ends, there will be two things: Cockroaches, and Bombcasts

And we have the winner

#308 Edited by Wacomole (837 posts) -

@conmused: Many congratulations duder!

I Look forward to seeing more cool stuff from you in the future, too.

#309 Posted by Regal (434 posts) -

Congratulations conmused, I just wonder why they didn't go with the final version, which was even cooler in my opinion.

#310 Posted by Conmused (40 posts) -

@regal: Where do you see it? I can't tell which one they used. iTunes is still showing TurboToaster's image for me.

Again, thanks everyone!

#311 Edited by Regal (434 posts) -

@conmused: For me it showed up on the iPod (and the iTunes podcast downloads section), in the actual store there seems to be nothing at the moment ( I use the Swedish store, not sure if that matters).

#312 Edited by Conmused (40 posts) -

@regal: Huh. Weird.

While I think I like the vinyl one more, I'm kind of glad @ryan picked this one. I want my toothy bomb... thing as big as possible on everyone's screen.

#313 Posted by ThePickle (4190 posts) -

This is in a weird zone where it's not bad enough to be considered hilariously bad, but it's not good enough to win. Kinda like the Cleveland Browns. But I like it and that's all that matters so back off you judgmental people who don't get funny football references.

#314 Posted by Snail (8648 posts) -

@fobwashed said:

I may be too late to submit joke entries, but I'm doing it anyway. I'd like to see something like this.

sweet jebus Fob please finish this. looks amazing

Holy yes.

#315 Edited by DJJoeJoe (1329 posts) -

Love the new Art for the Podcast! It showed up in my Zune thingy and I was happy!

If I lived in a perfect world I wouldn't mind the Giant Bombcast being renamed to 'Bombcast' and the Giant Bomb Interview Dumptruck being renamed to 'Interview Dumptruck' since both names are kinda long and redundant? Of course they are sorta needed for normal people who maybe don't know what a Giantbomb is... I guess... if you wanna give a shit about THOSE people.

EDIT: Sup with the faded letters on the winning image? Upside down stuff that doesn't seem to spell a word? I guess I missed the joke or it's some left over layer text? Here:

#316 Posted by Conmused (40 posts) -

@djjoejoe: Heh. Yeah, so in my search for free vintage textures, I grabbed from a lot of sources. Pretty sure that's a remnant of an old blue-print sheet.

If @ryan wants that fixed/removed, here it is.

#317 Posted by MachoFantastico (4863 posts) -

As you can see, Jeff is holding a jar and a controller, Ryan (or Ryman) has a delicious can of coconut milk, Brad has his trusty keyboard, Vinny is being very careful holding his son Max and Patrick has a dinosaur and a ghost. I think this picture best reflects the interests of the Bombcast crew and the site at large.

I think we have a winner.

#318 Posted by CrossTheAtlantic (1146 posts) -

@snail said:

@thesoutherndandy said:

@fobwashed said:

I may be too late to submit joke entries, but I'm doing it anyway. I'd like to see something like this.

sweet jebus Fob please finish this. looks amazing

Holy yes.

Please finish this. If only for me to see.

#319 Posted by Trilogy (2683 posts) -
#320 Posted by pickassoreborn (532 posts) -
#321 Posted by Conmused (40 posts) -

@pickassoreborn: Yup. I think they even addressed this once on the Bombcast, after another user saw coke using it for something.

Nothing wrong with stock art. After all, it looked pretty damn good when combined with the illustrations.

#322 Posted by Vitor (2829 posts) -

Please finish this. PLEASE.

#323 Edited by beard_of_zeus (1705 posts) -

Just got around to checking out this thread and looking at all the entries. There are some amazing fucking graphic designers / artists on this site. Props to all ya'll, including folks who submitted...less serious entries.

#325 Posted by Nightriff (5257 posts) -
#326 Posted by SeanFoster (882 posts) -

Ugh, what a year.

Still awesome artwork though.

#328 Posted by AndrewB (7686 posts) -
#329 Posted by Fattony12000 (7596 posts) -
#330 Edited by ElixirBronze (443 posts) -

@fattony12000: If someone had predicted that last year, I'd genuinely believed they were crazy.

#331 Posted by Red12b (9085 posts) -

@fattony12000: If someone had predicted that last year, I'd genuinely believed they were crazy.

indeed...

fuck... man

#332 Posted by RazielCuts (2984 posts) -

What a necro.

#333 Edited by ripelivejam (4629 posts) -

@vitor said:

@fobwashed said:

Please finish this. PLEASE.

man i just saw this. was it ever finished?

and yeah sad necro :(

#334 Posted by Fobwashed (2169 posts) -
#335 Posted by mixedupzombies (96 posts) -

@fattony12000: Fuck off with that noise because it was totally not Ryan's Choice like it was Vinny's and Patrick's.

#336 Posted by Sbaitso (558 posts) -

@fattony12000: You probably should have provided some attribution in your original post, instead of using it as a cheap comeback later. Anyways, it was nice of whoever made that edit to exclude Drew's coming into the Bombcast lineup. Not to mention that part of this move is because new people are about to come in.

#337 Edited by Lava (672 posts) -

Withy Vinny moving to NYC and a new hire coming in soon I felt the desire to give a new image a go. This is what I came up with:

#338 Posted by anywhereilay (172 posts) -

The Bomb is dead, long live the Bomb.

#339 Posted by cooljammer00 (2016 posts) -

I want a new Bombcast image with depictions of what the GB crew looks like to that emailer who doesn't know what they look like. Everyone in button down shirts with the sleeves rolled up, and a half Asian Drew Scanlon.