#1 Posted by bassman2112 (843 posts) -

Hey everyone,

I'm in the process of cutting up some bombcasts to extract the "Hey everyone, it's Tuesday" to use in a new Bombcast theme. I don't intend to fill this thing with a ton of quotes, or anything; but I did want to ask what you guys want out of it.

I'm thinking of doing a hip hop flavoured thing, with synths but also live guitars like the original.

#2 Posted by IrishCoffee (111 posts) -

I like the idea as long as it just ends with the most enthusiastic/ridiculous version of "Hey Everybody! It's Tuesday" you can find. Otherwise a hip-hop style of the Bombcast theme would be a really nice tribute.

#3 Posted by Reximus_Prime (2 posts) -

I love this idea... While I also like the yearly music change-up, I think having an intro with Ryan, is a great way to immortalize his own intro and keep his spirit on the bombcast.

#4 Posted by Jared (559 posts) -

Great idea!

I love this idea... While I also like the yearly music change-up, I think having an intro with Ryan, is a great way to immortalize his own intro and keep his spirit on the bombcast.

#5 Posted by rawrsair (821 posts) -

This is brilliant :)

#6 Posted by AlisterCat (5630 posts) -

As soon as I could see again I thought about doing a compilation of every intro where he says hey it's Tuesday. I wasn't equipped. Good luck to you!

#7 Posted by Nodima (1241 posts) -

As soon as I could see again I thought about doing a compilation of every intro where he says hey it's Tuesday. I wasn't equipped. Good luck to you!

I had a similar thought riding home from work on the bus today listening to the 11/23/10 podcast, somewhere in the last 30-45 minutes Brad says something that Ryan had a great, one-off comment for and I thought, "why don't I just dedicate my time to collecting ALL of these?" before remembering...I don't ever listen to the podcasts at home, or have time for that being a music critic. And then I remembered I already couldn't remember exactly what made me laugh so hard.

#8 Edited by Zauzazu (71 posts) -

I wonder if it would be possible to create a ska version of the intro like at the 2012 PAX panel. He would've loved it.

#9 Posted by Demoskinos (15011 posts) -

You are doing gods work here. I couldn't think of a better way to immortalize the man.

#10 Posted by Vrikk (910 posts) -

Ryan would be proud how the community is coming together to remember him.

#11 Posted by bassman2112 (843 posts) -

Just as an update, I am working on this - I've just been working a little slower than normal due to some stress coming from multiple projects and University classes. I will keep you all updated as it moves on.

So far: Created the drum layer, have cut up a lot of "Hey everyone, it's tuesday" clips and am working on how to make it sound smooth. I am also experimenting with different synths (Sylenth1, Access Virus TI2) to try and get a really hip sound.

#12 Edited by wjb (1674 posts) -

I think Jeff would appreciate it because I don't think he ever got the newest intro from Ryan. I think it's hilarious whenever Jeff hosts because you can tell by the theme music from 2-3 years ago being played.

#13 Edited by Willza92 (266 posts) -

Summer Jam Hip Hop HEY EVERYONE IT'S TUUUUUUUUUESDAY

#14 Edited by iknowthatname (27 posts) -

Fantastic idea! I was thinking of doing this myself, but since you're on it I'm thrilled to get behind your idea. A hip hop version would be amazing and suiting. Possibly some of his laughter? I miss it. Can't wait to listen!

#15 Edited by Brenderous (1105 posts) -

Awesome!