No Premium (Ad-free) Bombcast

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

There is no Premium version of the newest episode of the Bombcast.

pencilbastard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By pencilbastard

I also noticed that it wasn't up in my premium podcast feed, but it looks like they might have started a feed for just the Premium Bombcast on it's own. I haven't loaded that one into my phone yet, but it might be in there if you haven't looked there already.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pencilbastard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I noticed it last week when I was listening to the podcast and i heard the breaks (took me to the second break to clue in actually), but I just loaded it up and they are there.

Spence_5060

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I was wondering what is the difference between the premium version and the regular version of the bombcast? I am not quite sure which version I am listening to.

ejc93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Spence_5060

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ejc93: Are the ads like when they talk about the different offers like squarespace and stuff like that? Because those kind of make it awesome. They are funny.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Wobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I am a premium member but haven't found out where to subscribe for the premium bombcasts. Can someone point me towards the correct URL?

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wobbles: http://www.giantbomb.com/podcasts/premiumbombcast/ On mobile, so linking doesn't work.

Or you can try using the menu up top, pick the Giant Bombcast (Premium) from the podcasts menu.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spence_5060: yup im a premium member and consider the ad free versions the inferior products

planetary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By planetary

It looks like the ad-free podcast feed still has 10/28 as the most recent episode. Is someone on this?

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wobbles said:

I am a premium member but haven't found out where to subscribe for the premium bombcasts. Can someone point me towards the correct URL?

http://www.giantbomb.com/podcast-xml/premiumbombcast/

jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

None_Braver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So? What's the big deal? You can't spend a few extra minutes listening to their ads that end up being pretty funny?

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

So? What's the big deal? You can't spend a few extra minutes listening to their ads that end up being pretty funny?

I actually really like listening to their ads, because like you said they can end up being pretty funny. But it's none of your business to ask whether or not people can or can't do something that they paid for. Part of the reason some people pay for their memberships is to get an ad free podcast, and it's totally within their right to inquire where it is or isn't.

Griffinmills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By Griffinmills

Not to mention the quality of the improv-ish ads has dropped significantly, in my opinion, since the departure of Vinny. Just reading a list of flavors for snacks isn't doing it for me. A few 'casts back they front loaded the show with three ads in the first 45 minutes or so and that really broke the flow of the show, at least for me. Was just how I felt and I'm one of those goofs that pays for a sub and listens to the ad version.

Obviously they should keep the ads for the folks that like them and maintain the ad free version for those that pay the premium. The only added effort is in simply uploading both versions, it's not like the ad free version is made by cutting the ads out of the show. =)

positron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Was the latest Bombin the Am added to the Premium Bombcast feed by mistake or not? It's great having an RSS feed with just the Bombcast and nothing else for those of us who don't have time to listen to all the other shows. Please keep this one for Bombcasts only.

justicejanitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm glad they gave the premium bombcast it's separate feed. Now I don't have to manage bombcast duplicates anymore. I actually like the adds.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Not to mention the quality of the improv-ish ads has dropped significantly, in my opinion, since the departure of Vinny. Just reading a list of flavors for snacks isn't doing it for me. A few 'casts back they front loaded the show with three ads in the first 45 minutes or so and that really broke the flow of the show, at least for me. Was just how I felt and I'm one of those goofs that pays for a sub and listens to the ad version.

Yeah, I'm not feeling the adverts as much without Small Business Man. That combined with the fact there are now up to 3 breaks in every episode might persuade me to jump ship to the Premium feed soon.

hoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeff said:

@toxiccurve: We have broken the main podcast out into its own premium feed.

http://www.giantbomb.com/podcasts/premiumbombcast/

I just finally subscribed yesterday, site is working great but I'm still having a hell of a time getting the premium feed added to Pocket Casts. I've tried multiple different feed addresses with and without my login info in the URL as per some of the other threads on the board. But PC always says it can't find anything. Anybody have any ideas?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#23  Edited By Humanity

@none_braver said:

I actually really like listening to their ads, because like you said they can end up being pretty funny. But it's none of your business to ask whether or not people can or can't do something that they paid for. Part of the reason some people pay for their memberships is to get an ad free podcast, and it's totally within their right to inquire where it is or isn't.

Personally I liked the ads in the beginning but I kind of want to get on with it now and they're like 3 minutes long. It's like the same joke you've heard a dozen times and already know the punchline. Yes, healthy snacks, yes thank you, lets get back to the show. Which is why I've started downloading the premium version myself. When it was 1 ad in the beginning ok but now there are multiple ads and they are lengthy.

SkipperSonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24  Edited By SkipperSonne

Agreed, loved the ads before and now I feel like Brad is constantly throwing to another break. I also have the feeling that they don't like doing this either.

Anyone can give me help on getting subscribed through Windows Phone? (In before "Get an iPhone, hurr", we use them for work and they are good for that.)

I follow the steps on other threads, nothing. Perhaps it's due to the fact I log in through Facebook?

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#25 fisk0  Moderator

I follow the steps on other threads, nothing. Perhaps it's due to the fact I log in through Facebook?

Yup, I think that's the issue. Try contacting Rorie or jslack or someone who can fix your account, you need to add the premium podcast to your podcast catching program with username.password@giantbomb.com/podcast-xml/premiumbombcast/ but if you log in with facebook, you don't have a username and password combo like that.

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

@none_braver: Not to mention that the premium versions usually go up later than the regular podcast. So there's no real value to be gotten out of it when you think about it.