#1 Edited by Stete (701 posts) -

Well the title says it all really, where's the premium bombcast this week?

#2 Posted by TheHT (10281 posts) -

Word on the street is there aren't any ads this week, so no need.

#3 Posted by warpig87 (32 posts) -

Ads will be back in two weeks or so, as per Jeff on the podcast

#4 Posted by TruthTellah (7654 posts) -

To avoid confusion, they should just put a copy of the normal podcast this week in the premium area to allow premium members to still think they're getting an "ad-free" version.

#5 Posted by tsutohiro (346 posts) -

I don't dislike the ads, as long a Jeff keeps presenting them with the same delivery. I actually feel like I'd be missing something without them.

#6 Edited by Rorie (2094 posts) -

@stete: No ads this week, so no need for a premium version of the podcast.

Staff
#7 Edited by Stete (701 posts) -

@tsutohiro: They are not bad, in fact they are a much better alternative than obtrusive flash ads and site takeovers but it's nice to have the option to pay a premium membership to have an ad free site.

@rorie: Matt Rorie you are awesome human being! Hope too see you on the podcast more often! WUB U!

#8 Posted by ADarkMatter (138 posts) -

@stete: Come on Rorie, we all know that's your second account.

#9 Posted by geirr (2381 posts) -

I don't want the ad-free version ever since I like Jeff & Co so I'd like the premium download to be optional.

Of course you can just sign out or load a different browser, but still, that takes slight effort.

#10 Posted by warpig87 (32 posts) -

Personally, even though I'm a paying subscriber. I still don't mind the ads. Every other podcast I listen to has them, so if it generates more money for the site, I'm not fussed

#11 Posted by TooWalrus (12976 posts) -

To avoid confusion, they should just put a copy of the normal podcast this week in the premium area to allow premium members to still think they're getting an "ad-free" version.

GAH I'M SO CONFUSED!

#12 Edited by TruthTellah (7654 posts) -

@truthtellah said:

GAH I'M SO CONFUSED!

Ugh! Not again!

http://rack.3.mshcdn.com/media/ZgkyMDEzLzAzLzI0L2NkL2Q3bEdBUnMuNDFkYWEuZ2lmCnAJdGh1bWIJMTIwMHg5NjAwPg/b77381df/ae2/d7lGARs.gif

There has to be a better way!

#13 Posted by tdous (54 posts) -

@rorie: As someone who replaced the Bombcast feed with the Premium Feed in iTunes when that podcast was added to the premium roster recently, I'm obviously in the camp that thinks there should be a copy of the podcast in that feed whether there are ads or not, so I don't have to download two copies of the podcast each week there are ads and check two feeds just in case. Thanks :)

#14 Posted by Demoskinos (13869 posts) -

@truthtellah: Jesus Christ that GIF irritates me. WHO DOES THAT? NOBODY! UUUGH!

#15 Posted by Rorie (2094 posts) -

@tdous: Yep, I have heard that feedback from some others as well. I'll look into seeing what we can do!

Staff
#16 Posted by Nictel (2312 posts) -

@rorie: In the ad-free weeks, add an ad in the premium podcast for something imaginary. That will truly confuse the masses.

#17 Posted by GalacticPunt (983 posts) -

@truthtellah: Maybe he should put down that remote for two seconds, the goddamn savage!

#18 Posted by joshwent (1778 posts) -

I don't dislike the ads, as long a Jeff keeps presenting them with the same delivery. I actually feel like I'd be missing something without them.

Yeah, just finished the podcast, and I was actually disappointed when there weren't ads because they were so funny the last two weeks.

What have I become?!?

#19 Edited by None_Braver (80 posts) -

Just deal with the ads?

#20 Posted by Breadfan (6586 posts) -

Hold up. There is a premium podcast?

#21 Posted by TooWalrus (12976 posts) -

@breadfan: just an ad-free feed for members