• 108 results
#1 Edited by redgonzo (98 posts) -

I was wondering what people's favourite and least favourite member of the Bombcast are. I guess rank them, Mine would be.

1. Jeff

2. Ryan

3. Vinny

4. Patrick

5. Brad

Not trying to be mean or anything, just wondering how people feel. Seriously though there's a reason I said least favourite and not worst.

#2 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1783 posts) -

I would agree with this list but the 4 and 5 spot fluctuate pretty regularly. I really love Brad until he becomes his NOPE I AM 100% RIGHT FUCK YOU ALL FOREVER persona and I really love Patrick until he starts saying dumb shit like THIS INDIE GAME OSTENSIBLY DRASTICALLY INFLUENCED THE WAY I PERCEIVE THE NARRATIVE GAMEPLAY EXPERIENCE uuuggh

#3 Posted by Nightriff (4344 posts) -
  1. Vinny
  2. Jeff/Ryan
  3. Dave
  4. Drew
  5. Brad

Occasional guest is fine, still waiting for the Brad Muir guest one, that will be epic

#4 Edited by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

WHAT THE FUCK, HOW IS VINNY NOT NUMBER ONE? HIS IS THE BESTEST BOMBER THERE IS AND THERE IS NO ARGUING ABOUT IT EVEN IF IT IS YOUR OPINION WHICH YOU ARE TOTALLY COOL TO HAVE.

#5 Edited by Winternet (7936 posts) -

I love them all the same.

#6 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2150 posts) -

1. Vinny

1. Brad

1. Jeff

1. Ryan

1. Patrick

1. Drew

1. Dave

#7 Posted by GERALTITUDE (2812 posts) -

I can't answer a question like this because I just think "What if I was on the bomb cast and I saw this thread?"

Seriously, kudos to all the bombers. My skin isn't thick enough to handle shit like this.

#8 Posted by Scrawnto (2413 posts) -

I think my top five would have to be

1. Vinny
  2. Vinny
  3. Vinny
  4. Jeff
  5. Vinny
#9 Posted by Demoskinos (13853 posts) -
#10 Edited by chrissedoff (2041 posts) -
#11 Posted by Sherlock22 (17 posts) -

I hate to be the guy who's like "Hurrrr they're all my favorite just cuz" but they are all cool dudes in their own ways. Jeff is definitely the funniest to me though.

#12 Posted by Azteck (7447 posts) -
  1. Vinny
  2. Jeff
  3. Vinny
  4. Vinny
  5. Vinny

#13 Posted by SirOptimusPrime (1854 posts) -

Everyone is awesome at times, and everyone is the worst at times.

Like, for example, the CD-ROM bit on the last Bombcast. Everyone was terrible for that bit.

#14 Posted by Slag (3339 posts) -

The Bombcast is a team and works best as a cohesive unit.

Focusing on the individual players misses the point of why it works.

#15 Edited by Kerned (1168 posts) -

There's room enough in my heart for all of them. But Vinny gets a little extra room.

#16 Posted by ShaggE (5982 posts) -

It really is an "everyone's equal" thing for me. Take anyone out of the equation, and it just wouldn't be the same. Brad's the straight man, Jeff's the font of knowledge, Ryan's the leader (which is funny, since this is Jeff's baby), Vinny's the comedian, and Patrick can say "ostensibly" like a boss (kidding). Plus, they all can be hilarious.

#17 Posted by TooWalrus (12973 posts) -

Come on now. I'd have no problem calling out my favorite and least favorite child, but the Bombcast crew are a different story.

#18 Edited by ll_Exile_ll (1270 posts) -

This is going to turn into another Vinny appreciation thread isn't it?

Anyway:

1. Vinny

2. Everyone else

#19 Edited by selfconfessedcynic (2494 posts) -

I REFUSE TO CHOOSE.

Though Vinny is the bestest ever and the podcast just isn't the same when Ryan isn't hosting.

#20 Posted by McGhee (6091 posts) -

If you put anyone over Vinny you are either a monster or that person's mother, or both.

#23 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4029 posts) -

I like games.

#24 Posted by laserbolts (5309 posts) -

1. Vinny

2. Brad

3. Ryan

4. Dave

5. Drew

6. Alexis

7. Jeff

8. Patrick

#25 Posted by Jothel (893 posts) -

@laserbolts Alexis over Jeff?! I don't dislike Alexis at all, just feel we haven't seen anywhere near as much of him as we have of the rest…

My list would be

1. Vinny

2. Jeff

3. The rest pretty much equally

#26 Edited by ArtisanBreads (3595 posts) -

I'd tell you who my least favorite was... but we get enough of that talk round these parts.

I really like the rest of them. They all have their moments and work great together.

#27 Edited by ripelivejam (2787 posts) -

1. Alex

1. Alexis

1. Brad

1. Dave

1. Drew

1. Jeff

1. Patrick

1. Ryan

1. Vinny

SEE WHUT I DID THAR

also inb4lock

#28 Edited by ajamafalous (11591 posts) -

Vinny
Jeff
Drew
Dave
Alex

everyone else

#29 Posted by Petiew (1278 posts) -

1. Vinny

2. Jeff

#30 Posted by Icicle7x3 (1123 posts) -

As much as I love Vinny, I think Jeff is the overall Podcast king.

Way too many great Jeff podcast moments to count.

#31 Posted by redgonzo (98 posts) -

@ajamafalous: Really Alex... huh I mean I can't remember the last time he was on it besides the game of the year, and that was awkward messed with the flow.

#32 Posted by Kaiserreich (645 posts) -

1. Jeff

2. Vinny

3. Ryan

4. Brad

5. Everyone Else

6. Patrick

#33 Posted by redgonzo (98 posts) -

Huh didn't realize people loved Vinny so much, then again I tend to avoid posting on forums because why the fuck would I do that. But do people really find him that funny? I mean I like the guy, and especially recently he can drop some insightful shit. but Jeff and Ryan are the funny ones I guess being a person that has listened from the very start there the core of giant bomb to me, and the reason I listen every week.

#34 Posted by ajamafalous (11591 posts) -

@redgonzo said:

Huh didn't realize people loved Vinny so much, then again I tend to avoid posting on forums because why the fuck would I do that. But do people really find him that funny? I mean I like the guy, and especially recently he can drop some insightful shit. but Jeff and Ryan are the funny ones I guess being a person that has listened from the very start there the core of giant bomb to me, and the reason I listen every week.

Vinny wins every "who's your favorite" poll with like 80% of the vote. There are gifs dedicated to his participation in features.

#35 Posted by Stonyman65 (2405 posts) -

1. Jeff

2. Ryan

3. Dave

4. Vinny

5. Brad

6. Patrick

#36 Edited by redgonzo (98 posts) -

@ajamafalous: That's really weird. I guess I should put this in the people find big bang theory funny category of things I just don't get, maybe thats a tad harsh I do like Vinny but to me he's fozzie bear he's only funny in a bad joke sort of way.

#37 Posted by Swoxx (2980 posts) -

Not to pick favorites but.. lets pick favorites?

#38 Edited by mrfluke (4843 posts) -

vinny

drew

alex

jeff

brad

ryan

patrick

#39 Edited by ThePickle (4149 posts) -
  1. Vinny
  2. Dave
  3. Drew
  4. Patrick
  5. Ryan
  6. Brad
  7. Jeff
#40 Edited by Ducksworth (656 posts) -

I don't care as long as Ryan is there to let me know it's Tuesday. I like everyone equally, they complement each other well.

#41 Edited by redgonzo (98 posts) -

@slag: The Ryan and Jeff solo orignal podcasts are just as strong as any bombcasts.

#42 Posted by doublestandards (16 posts) -

jeff just rationalizes day 1 DLC and crap locked on the disc day 1, while vinny will actually speak up and say thats not right

so ill go with vinny

#43 Posted by Chibithor (574 posts) -

@redgonzo said:

@ajamafalous: That's really weird. I guess I should put this in the people find big bang theory funny category of things I just don't get, maybe thats a tad harsh I do like Vinny but to me he's fozzie bear he's only funny in a bad joke sort of way.

This isn't a funniest member of the Bombcast thread though. Vinny might not be my personal favorite but he's really likable in every respect.

Me, I can't pick a favorite unless you include Dave. Dave is great 100% of the time while the other guys can vary greatly depending on what they're talking about.

#44 Edited by Pr1mus (3513 posts) -
@azteck said:
  1. Vinny
  2. Jeff
  3. Vinny
  4. Vinny
  5. Vinny

#45 Posted by Slag (3339 posts) -

@redgonzo: I agree with you, they were/are really good. And if you are going with a two man crew those two are the best tandem. You put either one of those guys with somebody else it just wouldn't flow quite as well.

I think it's just further proof that the bombcast works because of team chemistry not necessarily the individuals.

#46 Posted by redgonzo (98 posts) -

@chibithor: I'm not saying it's a funniest thread, I was responding to people saying he was the funniest.

#47 Edited by redgonzo (98 posts) -
#48 Posted by mrfluke (4843 posts) -

I would agree with this list but the 4 and 5 spot fluctuate pretty regularly. I really love Brad until he becomes his NOPE I AM 100% RIGHT FUCK YOU ALL FOREVER persona and I really love Patrick until he starts saying dumb shit like THIS INDIE GAME OSTENSIBLY DRASTICALLY INFLUENCED THE WAY I PERCEIVE THE NARRATIVE GAMEPLAY EXPERIENCE uuuggh

1000 percent agree with all of this,i think the top 4 are always a lock, while the bottom 3 always fluctuate.

whenever ryan passes off a story of a game as a bunch of nonsense. its super grating, but then he also has the most random of fun stories to tell on the podcast and helps make the nonvideogame talks on the podcast fun,

brad's mood has been swinging wildly these days where one minute hes constantly whining and bitching about every little thing and writing off things as "dumb", and then the next minute hes super enthusiastic about stuff and loves the stupidest of things, ( the asuras wrath Quicklook i think best represents the best and worst of brad)

patrick is the only one that goes out of his way to listen to the community fully and is going out of his way to play different games, and has shown us some interesting indie games (hotline miami is the one that comes to mind), but then when he goes on his soapbox to write about all that is wrong with AAA games and tropes like sexism, and in the past, had this super self righteous "i am the be all end all opinion" tone in his writing, i think its super annoying.

#49 Posted by NoobSauceG7 (1210 posts) -

I like them all for different reasons, plus this is dumb.

#50 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4866 posts) -

1. Jeff

2. Patrick

3. Vinny

4. Ryan

5. Brad