Obscure need to find a certain bombcast episode

JoeMarsden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JoeMarsden

Can't find a clip of it on YouTube, don't really know what to search...so here's hoping some expert out there could tell me.

An episode of the Giant Bombcast, featuring Jeff and Ryan for sure, in which they mention the animated series MASK, the film Man in the Iron Mask and other Mask related titles. Not a massive segment but I just really need to listen to this again for my own satisfaction, please don't judge.

Anybody have a clue or have some method for finding it?

dadjumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty sure I've heard this one semi-recently. I've been running through the whole catalog from the beginning, so I can at least tell you that it was sometime probably mid-late 2008. Hope that helps a little!

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

I like these sorts of threads because I will do a google search, find a date associated with a relevant result and listen to a bombcast or two from around that relevant date. Sometimes I find the right podcast, sometimes I don't. I can tell you it's not anywhere from February 14, 2012 to around March 2012.

JoeMarsden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

George_McBain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Kind of related, but I actually almost went back and started cataloging everything in the Bombcasts ... I mean, everything. Any mention of something, by whom, with a link to a corresponding GB wiki page if applicable. It is a labor and not sure if I should keep doing it. Here is an example:

Mentions:

• Daylight Savings Time is “great” (JG)

• Waking up when it’s still dark out means you’re going to do something shady (JG)

• Or you are going to the airport (VC)

• Judas Priest (DS)

• The “Union” (United States) [VC]

• Arizona (BS)

• Shotgun (DS)

• Punching Bag (DS)

• Dryer (DS)

• .44 Rifle (DS)

• John Wayne (DS)

• Fireballs (JG)

• The Desert (All)

• Maricopa County (BS)

• Public Enemy (JG)

• By the Time I Get to Arizona (JG)

• Flavor Flav (DS)

• Cooking “with Science” (DS)

• Meth (VC)

• Tested.com (DS)

• Will Smith (JG)

• Sous-vide cooker (DS)

• The Sansaire (“It’s French” DS)

Quotes:

• There are some states in our Union that are total fucking bullshit for a lot of reasons. (JG)

• “Let’s go to Arizona” (VC) “No!” (JG)

• “[to Drew] How was the last seven days for you, since last we spoke … because we do not speak or make eye contact as per your contract” (JG)
gkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@george_mcbain: You're a crazy person, but I respect you and wish you all the luck in the world on your self-inflicted herculean labor.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

@george_mcbain: Someone used to do this on a weekly basis. I think they even had time stamps. Can't remember their name or what they called it so I don't know how to find it again.

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Avatar image for giantlizardking
GiantLizardKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You are doing the Lord's work. Does their exist some technology through which we can make that indexable and searchable quickly?

Kind of related, but I actually almost went back and started cataloging everything in the Bombcasts ... I mean, everything. Any mention of something, by whom, with a link to a corresponding GB wiki page if applicable. It is a labor and not sure if I should keep doing it. Here is an example:

Mentions:

• Daylight Savings Time is “great” (JG)

• Waking up when it’s still dark out means you’re going to do something shady (JG)

• Or you are going to the airport (VC)

• Judas Priest (DS)

• The “Union” (United States) [VC]

• Arizona (BS)

• Shotgun (DS)

• Punching Bag (DS)

• Dryer (DS)

• .44 Rifle (DS)

• John Wayne (DS)

• Fireballs (JG)

• The Desert (All)

• Maricopa County (BS)

• Public Enemy (JG)

• By the Time I Get to Arizona (JG)

• Flavor Flav (DS)

• Cooking “with Science” (DS)

• Meth (VC)

• Tested.com (DS)

• Will Smith (JG)

• Sous-vide cooker (DS)

• The Sansaire (“It’s French” DS)

Quotes:

• There are some states in our Union that are total fucking bullshit for a lot of reasons. (JG)

• “Let’s go to Arizona” (VC) “No!” (JG)

• “[to Drew] How was the last seven days for you, since last we spoke … because we do not speak or make eye contact as per your contract” (JG)

George_McBain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@giantlizardking: I was trying to think of something, but the best I can come up with would be a shared google Excel doc with each tab being a certain "thing" (games, locations, people, ect.) and then have it be alpha ordered and searchable. If anyone else has a good idea, I am all ears.

@ramone: Great, that gives me something to compare with. I may just start from the most recent episode and work back, if I so choose to make this effort.

Avatar image for giantlizardking
GiantLizardKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@george_mcbain: Maybe we could come up with a standardized format for the data, we could pull it into a database, and I could build a simple site for it? If you are doing all the data collection then you are doing most of the heavy lifting.

MillaJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MillaJ

I fully support this idea of cataloging the Bombcasts into a searchable database. I've actually considered doing that myself a few times because I listen to them every day, but it just seemed like it would be a bit of a burden.

@joemarsden: If it was ONLY Jeff and Ryan, then it would've been one of the early ones (early-mid 2008). If others were on, then I'm not sure. I know I've heard it several times, but I can't think of anything to help me narrow down the timeline. :(

mixedupzombies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

If anyone knows the episode that has brad's antbomb story in it I would appreciate that as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4ea8fdbe490
deactivated-5a4ea8fdbe490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joemarsden Wooooooooooooow. You want to talk about freaking creepy. I read this thread yesterday, and this morning as I usually do, I scroll to a random old episode of the bombcast and download it to listen to while working. Guess what part was in the one I chose?

4-16-2013 head to around 1:59:30 to hear the part you want. Bomb-on!

MillaJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MillaJ

@mixedupzombies said:

If anyone knows the episode that has brad's antbomb story in it I would appreciate that as well.

11-04-2008 [Timestamp: 00:17:26]

Great story! It also has the bit with Jeff doing a really great Marcus voice (the whole wet eggs thing).

MillaJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giantlizardking: @george_mcbain: How detailed are we talking? Detailed like @matthew's breakdowns (which are awesome, by the way)? I presume, to satisfy everyone, one would have to copy down all of the references, quotable bits, and individual topics of conversation within each episode, including timestamps and any relevant annotations for all of said data. Taking into consideration that there are now well over 400 Bombcasts, which add up to nearly 6 weeks in duration, the task could be made much more feasible if more than just one or two people were gathering data.

JoeMarsden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By JoeMarsden

@MikeFerrari7 is a living legend. He found it - thank you so much!