PAX Bombcast? or no?

Jayzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jayzz

Will they do their regular podcast after PAX, or will it be different because they're doing a panel?

isaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By isaiah

the panel is the podcast, at least that was how it worked last time I heard
sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By sagesebas
@Jayzz: DOOOD they have done a panel I believe the past two years, for a fact I know they did one last year. 

@Isaiah: and no that isn't how it works, they said in their pax podcast before that they just got back from doing a panel
Jayzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jayzz
@sagesebas: alright cool, thanks
sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By sagesebas
@Jayzz: Hope that helps also if you haven't listen to the 2008 pax bombcast, they get really drunk, ryans gf calls and brad asks her for some more "blondies", jeff gets very sentimental about pax, overall is crazy funny
Jayzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jayzz
@sagesebas said:
" @Jayzz: Hope that helps also if you haven't listen to the 2008 pax bombcast, they get really drunk, ryans gf calls and brad asks her for some more "blondies", jeff gets very sentimental about pax, overall is crazy funny "
actually listened to it about a week ago. i love the drunkcasts. yeah Jeff really got deep about it, was funny and kinda cool inna nerdy way
sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By sagesebas
@Jayzz: that and the jon and adam podcast are my favorite
Flaboere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Flaboere

But aren't they doing a panel, like, sitting at a table and answering questions too? I thought i saw a commercial for thos somewhere, that it would be streamed live?

fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By fjordson
@Flaboere said:
" But aren't they doing a panel, like, sitting at a table and answering questions too? I thought i saw a commercial for thos somewhere, that it would be streamed live? "
That's what I thought too. And if Gary Whitta's twitter is to be believed, he and Jeff Green will be there as well as one other special guest.
Avatar image for alwaysbeclothing
alwaysbeclothing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By alwaysbeclothing

Someone asked Ryan on twitter, "panel is PAXcast! RT @ Hakkesshu: @ taswell Are you guys going to do a PAXcast, or just the panel? "

So they're going to do a regular bombcast, that likely contains a lot of talk about the stuff they saw at PAX regardless.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#11  Edited By natetodamax
@AlwaysBeClothing said:
" Someone asked Ryan on twitter, "panel is PAXcast! RT @ Hakkesshu: @ taswell Are you guys going to do a PAXcast, or just the panel? "  So they're going to do a regular bombcast, that likely contains a lot of talk about the stuff they saw at PAX regardless. "
No, I'm pretty sure I heard them say that their panel will be the Bombcast.
Avatar image for alwaysbeclothing
alwaysbeclothing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By alwaysbeclothing
@natetodamax: That actually makes a lot of sense, what with them being busy with PAX then next week to gear up for LIVE LIVE SHOW LIVE!  Its a way they can get some extra work off their schedule.
RipTheVeins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By RipTheVeins

Here's what the official PAX marquee says:  

" Friday, 8:30 PM - 10:00 PM, Pegasus Theatre

Giant Bombcast Live!

The world's most popular podcast that is occasionally, tangentially about video games is descending on PAX, and there's not a good goddamn thing any of you can do about it! Watch in abject horror as Ryan Davis, Vinny Caravella, Jeff Gerstmann, and Brad Shoemaker actively waste everyone's time with stupid anecdotes, highly questionable inside jokes, and probably some ill-conceived audience interaction. Yes, it promises to be a magical hour of whimsy and glory as we all laugh, learn, and hopefully, make a few new friends along the way. Join us, won't you?

Panelists include: Ryan Davis [Editor, Giant Bomb], Vinny Caravella [Producer, Giant Bomb], Jeff Gerstmann [Editor, Giant Bomb], Brad Shoemaker [Editor, Giant Bomb]   " 

So yes, the panel IS the PAX Bombcast, but I bet instead of E-Mails it'll be Q&A with the crowd. 
McDunkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By McDunkin

I believe that Ryan or someone on a previous Bombcast stated that they were the last panel in that theater for the day and it was scheduled that way in order for them to go over the allotted time.  So maybe it will be longer than 90 minutes?

renegadegd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By renegadegd

i really hope they post the panel in video form like they have the last 2 years. just having the audio really wont give the same experience.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Milkman

I guess since they're doing the PAX podcast on the first day, they won't have a whole lot to talk about as far as things they actually saw at PAX. But I also wonder if there will even be a Bombcast next week considering they're off Monday and I assume they'll be prepping for the Big Live Live Show. 

But then again, Screened doing their podcast so the Bombcast should be good to go too.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#17  Edited By natetodamax

It starts at 11:30 Eastern, correct? I hope they put a banner or something up on the front page.

skyline7284

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By skyline7284
Jayzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jayzz

anyone have anymore news about the panel/podcast ? Will that go up tonight, or tomorrow? just audio?

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#20  Edited By Vinny_Says

is that friday or saturday podcast?

Jimbo7676

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21  Edited By Jimbo7676

That's too bad. I was hoping for a PAX cast with a bunch of special guests and alcohol. Another mega 64 appearance would of been cool.

Jayzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Jayzz

Still no content from pax, me sad :[

Flaboere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Flaboere

Hell, it's about time!

Jayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#24  Edited By Jayzilla

remember that dude from last year that got the SC2 beta key and then tried to sell them on the interwebz and got banned from GB? that was awesome.

m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#25  Edited By m1k3  Online
@Jayzilla said:
" remember that dude from last year that got the SC2 beta key and then tried to sell them on the interwebz and got banned from GB? that was awesome. "
did he get banned? i thought he just got harassed by users.
Jayzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Jayzz
@buckybit said:
" @Jayzz said:
" Still no content from pax, me sad :[ "
! "
:-(
commandercup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#28  Edited By commandercup
@Jimbo7676 said:
" That's too bad. I was hoping for a PAX cast with a bunch of special guests and alcohol. Another mega 64 appearance would of been cool. "
I saw something about the Bombcast having a bunch of guests again on Twitter. I think Jeff Green and maybe Gary Whitta tweeted about the bombcast and their involvement.
Jayzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Jayzz
@commandercup said:
" @Jimbo7676 said:
" That's too bad. I was hoping for a PAX cast with a bunch of special guests and alcohol. Another mega 64 appearance would of been cool. "
I saw something about the Bombcast having a bunch of guests again on Twitter. I think Jeff Green and maybe Gary Whitta tweeted about the bombcast and their involvement. "
do those get posted tonight, or is it after pax?
commandercup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#30  Edited By commandercup
@Jayzz said:
" @commandercup said:
" @Jimbo7676 said:
I saw something about the Bombcast having a bunch of guests again on Twitter. I think Jeff Green and maybe Gary Whitta tweeted about the bombcast and their involvement. "
do those get posted tonight, or is it after pax? "
They tweeted last night, so I'm guessing it was recorded Friday night. I have no idea when they'll upload it though.
Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Dany

From my understanding was that the pax panel was the bombcast, and they did record it on video and audio. No word when it will come out

Leptok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Leptok

Hearing the joystiq podcast makes me want a GB one even more.

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#33  Edited By ez123

My guess is that they're going to put up the podcast on Tuesday and that'll be our podcast for the week. There's no work on Mondays so it makes sense. I'd be okay with it, just don't release the videos periodically like past PAX panels, that's crappy.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#34  Edited By sweep  Moderator

Anyone want to confirm the ETA for the PAX bombcast? 

*Meaningful glance at Lemon
Jayzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Jayzz
@Sweep said:
"

*Meaningful glance at Lemon "
eag67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By eag67

I doubt the pax panel from last night will be there only bombcast this week. I expect that they will have a regular bombcast on tuesday to talk about what they saw at Pax. But yeh lack of Pax coverage on here is kinda buming me. Not even a Jeff live stream from his phone.
fRAWRst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By fRAWRst

the paxcast was amazing. highlights include a drunk as fuck jonnie v doing ice t twitter impressions and pachter being a little redfaced while on stage

really awesome, sucks that you guys missed it

Jayzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Jayzz
@fRAWRst said:
" the paxcast was amazing. highlights include a drunk as fuck jonnie v doing ice t twitter impressions and pachter being a little redfaced while on stage  really awesome, sucks that you guys missed it "
jealous
Jayzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Jayzz
@Sweep said:
"

Etan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Etan

It came up when Jeff was streaming from his iPhone in Ryan's car, sounds like it might take a while for the video version. Apparently there were at least two cameras so the video will require a significant amount of editing, and sounds like all the video guys will be very busy this week. Probably editing all the interviews and getting ready for the big live live show live. Sounds like the audio version will be up much faster although personally I'm going to wait for the video.

They also said that it will not be a replacement for the normal bombcast.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#41  Edited By ThePickle
@Sweep said:
"

Jayzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Jayzz
@Etan said:
" It came up when Jeff was streaming from his iPhone in Ryan's car, sounds like it might take a while for the video version. Apparently there were at least two cameras so the video will require a significant amount of editing, and sounds like all the video guys will be very busy this week. Probably editing all the interviews and getting ready for the big live live show live. Sounds like the audio version will be up much faster although personally I'm going to wait for the video.  They also said that it will not be a replacement for the normal bombcast. "

I bet by tonight the video will be up. drew and vinny are pros.
cooljammer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By cooljammer00

So I guess they basically talked about how new people who didn't own an XBox can soon play Stranger's Wrath, and then proceed to SPOIL THE GAME'S TWIST ENDING.