Petition for USTREAM version of the BOMBCAST LIVE!

miningguyx360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By miningguyx360

I love the bombcast, like most of the users of Giantbomb but I think the best way to listen is to watch the podcast. Maybe instead of putting the whole 2 hour thing on iTunes, make a uStream channel and we could watch it live. I think it could be something to experiment with. If you like this idea just post on this topic, also provide more ideas to move the bombcast forward in the future.

InfiniteGeass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By InfiniteGeass

I don't think it would be that great of an idea because the audio would be pretty bad. I'd rather just wait for the downloadable version for the higher quality of sound.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By natetodamax
@InfiniteGeass said:
" I don't think it would be that great of an idea because the audio would be pretty bad. I'd rather just wait for the downloadable version for the higher quality of sound. "
This, and I wouldn't want to sit with my laptop for two hours watching 4 guys talk at a table.
Crono11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Crono11

I think it's fine how it is. What makes watching dudes talking better then just listening to them? And really if they did stream it, I wouldn't be watching it anyway, I'd only be listening. Seems pointless to me.

ArchV1le

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By ArchV1le

Nah

Avatar image for deactivated-5f17af3f88819
deactivated-5f17af3f88819

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Ryan has said before he wouldn't do it because they have to edit it because they sometimes accidentally talk about things they should are not allowed to talk about. 

jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#7  Edited By jeff

We have no plans for live broadcasting the podcast as it's being recorded. 

Or, to put it another way... 

NEVER.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By jakob187
@Jeff said:

" We have no plans for live broadcasting the podcast as its being recorded. Or, to put it another way... NEVER. "

...but ComicVine does it, and it's quite enjoyable.  Granted, I don't know if they have nearly as big of a listening crowd, but it would still be super fun, ESPECIALLY with the drink testing! 

THAT'S IT!  A DRINK TESTING PODCAST!  I'll totally send you guys some Shiner Bock and Ziegenbock for it!
Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10  Edited By Jayross

no thanks.

miningguyx360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By miningguyx360

OH WELL at least my question was answered

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By louiedog

I don't know about the regular Bombcast, but maybe for a game discussion. You know, like the special Bombcasts they've done for games like MW2 and MGS4. They are shorter, there is little worry of talking about things they aren't supposed to discuss yet, and they're more focused. But even then I wouldn't even care. I love the Bombcast because it gives me something to listen to the next morning. I rarely listen on Tuesday nights when it comes out.

yates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By yates

I'd watch it but I can see why they don't do it live. They have to be very careful about what they say to avoid breaking embargo's etc and sometimes they probably slip up during recording.

angelfan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By angelfan91

I don't think they could do it because of embargoes they may or may not accidentally break.  It would just be a pain in the ass for them.
Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By Milkman
@Jeff said:
" We have no plans for live broadcasting the podcast as it's being recorded. Or, to put it another way... NEVER. "
Good. Because that would be beyond horrible.
HaltIamReptar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By HaltIamReptar
@Jeff said:
" We have no plans for live broadcasting the podcast as it's being recorded. Or, to put it another way... NEVER. "
/thread?
Pantalooney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Pantalooney
@Jeff said:
Maybe?
Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#18  Edited By Hot_Karl

I think Jeff just put the kibosh on the idea, but I still have some hope that maybe (MAYBE) the crew might consider it for a special podcast or something.

sp1der1976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By sp1der1976
@Jeff said:
"We have no plans for live broadcasting the podcast as it's being recorded. Or, to put it another way... NEVER. "

Good call!
zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#20  Edited By zanzibarbreeze
@natetodamax said:

" @InfiniteGeass said:

" I don't think it would be that great of an idea because the audio would be pretty bad. I'd rather just wait for the downloadable version for the higher quality of sound. "
This, and I wouldn't want to sit with my laptop for two hours watching 4 guys talk at a table. "
It's not just two hours. There's gotta be breaks and other things that are edited out. One would assume they spend around 3 hours at that table. 

I'm sorry, but there's just no fun in watching people talk without any movement or action. Nope. No way.

@Jeff said:

"Or, to put it another way... NEVER. "

JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By JP_Russell
@ZanzibarBreeze said:

I'm sorry, but there's just no fun in watching people talk without any movement or action. Nope. No way. 

I find watching them talk in their PAX panels or that look at the podcast being recorded in one of the How to Build a Bomb episodes more fun than listening to them on the bombcast because you get to see their facial expressions as they speak.  Which is saying something because the bombcast is quite fun to listen to. 

I watch a gaming podcast on Youtube called Noobtoob - almost exclusively consists of two dudes sitting at a table talking in front of a camera the whole hour-long show, and it's plenty entertaining.  Not as entertaining when only listening to them, for sure.

Stand-up comedy usually doesn't have any meaningful movement or action and manages to be funny to millions (not exactly the same kind of animal as the bombcast, of course, but the sole entertainment value in both is the humor and the humor is strictly through speech in most cases, so they're not all that different), and all stand-up is without a doubt sullied by audio-only, IMO. 
NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By NickL

quality would probably suck, no thanks

HypoXenophobia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By HypoXenophobia
@jakob187 said:
" @Jeff said:

" We have no plans for live broadcasting the podcast as its being recorded. Or, to put it another way... NEVER. "

...but ComicVine does it, and it's quite enjoyable.  Granted, I don't know if they have nearly as big of a listening crowd, but it would still be super fun, ESPECIALLY with the drink testing!  THAT'S IT!  A DRINK TESTING PODCAST!  I'll totally send you guys some Shiner Bock and Ziegenbock for it! "
It annoys me that comic vine does it. It's made the last 4 podcast unlistenable, the audio quality has lowered because of it. (I don't watch, just listen to it) They seem distracted more by comments and get off track or are barely audible since I assume they are facing the camera instead of the mics.  I say either go full video podcast or audio only, mixing just seems bad all around. But that's just me.
Brenderous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#24  Edited By Brenderous

I would also watch a live uStream of the bombcast.

yoctoyotta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By yoctoyotta
@InfiniteGeass: Ustream has amazing quality, It all depends on the upstream bandwidth of whoever is sending video to them. Check out TWIT.TV live, they use Ustream and Justin.tv and it's pretty solid.
AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By AuthenticM

They should do it at least once. I want to experience this.

Sanryd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Sanryd
@Jeff said:
XD Shut down by the man himself before it even began!
Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

I don't really want to watch a stream of 4 people just sitting around talking about video games. I prefer Bombcast on the go.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#29  Edited By Snail
@bartok said:
" I don't really want to watch a stream of 4 people just sitting around talking about video games. I prefer Bombcast on the go. "
This isn't going to happen, Jeff said so himself in this thread. There's no point in bumping a 2 month year old thread which failed miserably.
WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#30  Edited By WickedCobra03

I wouldn't mind one like once every 3 months or something along with an audio version, but only because I usually listen to the Bombcast away from home/computer most of the time.