#2 Posted by logson (521 posts) -

I too miss voicemails, but just send an audio clip in an email. The sound quality is way better, and it's likely easier for them to deal with.

#3 Posted by tec3297 (1170 posts) -

I would love to start hearing user feedback and user audio in the bombcast.

#5 Posted by RebelLoyalist (208 posts) -

I would love to hear audio files from users on it but I think if we could email it , it would sound better.

#6 Posted by LouChou (458 posts) -

Phoning Giantbomb would literally complete my weeks.

#7 Posted by klaus (21 posts) -

i agree, having phone calls would add to the show. 

#8 Posted by banksrob (1126 posts) -

no beacuse that singles out people from the US only to be able to phone.

#9 Posted by Dauragon (554 posts) -
Paul said:
"logson said:
"I too miss voicemails, but just send an audio clip in an email. The sound quality is way better, and it's likely easier for them to deal with.
"
I guess, but it's not as simple as picking up the phone and dialing. Also... I totally have 1-877-506-8324 memorized, so... that stuff hella sticks.
"
I think i just wept a little when i read that number
#10 Posted by Wolverine (4276 posts) -

Yes I would enjoy a phone line, it is much easier then writing an email, but it is not neccesary.

#11 Posted by MagusMaleficus (1033 posts) -

I could care less. Most of the people whose call-ins ended up on the Hotspot (before, during, and after its heyday) were absolute tools.

#12 Posted by MattyFTM (14327 posts) -

They did say that you can just send in a recording of you as an MP3.

#14 Posted by samcotts (2258 posts) -

I'm actually against it. Don't know why, never liked phones...

I think it is fine as it is, there's no need for a phone line in my opinion.

#15 Posted by WorldsFastestShrimpPeeler (458 posts) -

Phone calls would be alright. I wouldn't mind them.

#16 Posted by Jeff (3400 posts) -

feel free to send in your audio questions to the e-mail address. make 'em reasonably sized mp3s, though, if you can. they're the easiest for us to deal with. I don't really see us doing the phone number thing anytime soon.

Land lines are so 1990.
Staff
#17 Posted by Termite (2398 posts) -
Jeff said:
"feel free to send in your audio questions to the e-mail address. make 'em reasonably sized mp3s, though, if you can. they're the easiest for us to deal with. I don't really see us doing the phone number thing anytime soon.

Land lines are so 1990.
"
Whoa, it's Jeff

*Bows*

I wish I could send a phonecall, but I have nothing interesting to ask
#18 Posted by Kowalski (262 posts) -
Paul said:
. Also... I totally have 1-877-506-8324 memorized, so... that stuff hella sticks.
"

Ahhaah the memories!!  :D  But that number belongs to Rich, and nobody else.

A phone line is unneeded.  Digital voice mail for the bombcast!
#19 Posted by epic_pets (1339 posts) -

I hate emails:(
phone calls!

#20 Edited by Bolt3 (124 posts) -

Yeah audio calls were great back on the Hotspot, I still remember that Sony fanboy going crazy down the phone..

Good times, good times.

#21 Edited by GIyn (202 posts) -

Yep- If I call now, who does it reach?

#22 Posted by TheMor (15 posts) -

so should we start a useless online petition?

#23 Edited by Cramsy (1163 posts) -

Some of the best times were from the voice mails on the hotspot

#24 Posted by Brundage (371 posts) -

voicemails would be sickkkk!

#25 Posted by RenegadeDoppelganger (406 posts) -

According to Jeff's Tumblr he's set up a Google Voice mailbox at 707-925-BOMB. He's already posted some random message he received, you can probably leave something there.

Maybe we'll get some voicemail questions on the next Bombcast.

#26 Edited by Rittsy (77 posts) -

After listening to some phone calls from '05-'06 Hotspot, and hearing some of the questions people ask at PAX, I really don't want to listen to that on the bombcast. At least, not until people learn to ask a question, not a tell a 15 minute story with "...what do you think?" attached.

#27 Edited by PandaBear (1295 posts) -

@magusmaleficus said:

I could care less. Most of the people whose call-ins ended up on the Hotspot (before, during, and after its heyday) were absolute tools.

That is so true ... but then someone calls in about them watching the knife show and tossing up between a Wii or some knives and magic happens. It could be worth a try...

#28 Posted by notdavid (815 posts) -

Guys. This thread is half a decade old. How did you even find it?

#29 Posted by wemibelec90 (1493 posts) -

Voice calls on the podcast would be the worst. Having to sit through someone's entire inane, more than likely unfunny message, when it can't be condensed by Jeff like an e-mail, would quickly get tired. What's wrong with a good e-mail?

#30 Posted by Freshbandito (639 posts) -

Sweet jesus 5 year old thread, I'm surprised the site even keeps threads this old.