Podcast that talks about playing games that are already out?

quinistheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By quinistheman

In every gaming podcast I listen to they tease upcoming games and talk briefly about new releases.  After that they kind of fall off the face of the earth until GOTY time.  I'm just curious why no one follows up after say a month or so to talk about their experience playing the game with opinions on specific sections they didn't want to spoil for people early on. I finished Mass Effect 2 recently and went back to listen to the special Mass Effect 2 episode and I was a little disappointed by how little they could talk about the actually story.   The time the GB folks spent talking about Fallout and Fable 2 became a running joke but I really liked hearing about how they were playing them and what they liked.
Would you listen to a "spoiler" podcast about some of the bigger games that come out? 

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By ajamafalous

Only if I had already played them. Which makes it great that they still avoid spoilers, since I won't have a chance to play Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age, Uncharted 2, MW2, etc. until the summer.

TheJasonSigler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By TheJasonSigler

A lot of game productions now have book club-style podcasts where they play through an older game together and talk about it as they progress. Think Endurance Run, but in larger chunks and with everybody discussing their experiences. With the wittiness the GB guys throw around every time they record something, I'd love to see such a show.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Diamond

Personally I want to avoid hearing spoilers because I don't like to rush to beat a game within a week or even a month after its been released.  I can still really love a game and it take me 6+ months to actually beat.

On our podcast we often talk about older games, but we try to avoid spoilers.  I think we will have some 1-game spoiler casts at some point perhaps.

quinistheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By quinistheman

If they labeled them as spoiler-ific you could always go back to it after you've finished.  Or, like 1upFM or RebelFM did, play through a certain point before listening.  

Really just being selfish as I tend to get really involved in games that I'm playing and want to listen to the Bombcast cast talk about them more than previews and what not.