#1 Edited by Dylstew (20 posts) -

When I play PC games where I can turn the music off I usually listen to music, totalbiscuit's vids or giantbombcast. When I go to school by train I mostly listen to music, but also to giantbomb sometimes. I'm loving giantbombcast and I''m really glad new ones come out very frequently. but what are some other good podcasts simialar to Giant Bomb?

#2 Posted by Excast (1039 posts) -

I listen to the CAGcast on occasion from over at cheapassgamer.
That is actually the show that turned me on to Giantbomb. It's generally only 70-90 minutes or so and is done over Skype, but it's still entertaining.

#3 Posted by Kidavenger (3628 posts) -

Idle Thumbs is the podcast that most closely resembles the Bombcast.

#4 Posted by MattyFTM (14432 posts) -

I haven't listened it to myself, but lots of people talk about Idle Thumbs being similar to the Bombcast.

#5 Edited by casper_ (908 posts) -

its not video game related (although two of the McElroy's work for polygon) but My Brother, My Brother and Me is incredibly funny at times. its an advice show that relies heavily on Yahoo answers. its kind of like if the emails section of the bombcast was drawn out into its own separate podcast and the emails were sent in by legitimately insane people.

#6 Posted by Pudge (922 posts) -

I second the recommendation of My Brother, My Brother and Me. I don't listen to any other gaming podcasts, but if you're just looking for random humor, may I also suggest Judge John Hodgman and Comedy Bang Bang.

#7 Posted by HarlechQuinn (451 posts) -

If it doesn't need to be a podcast about current games I would recommend "GFW Radio - The Brodeo"...

#8 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (3778 posts) -

Rebel FM

#9 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2402 posts) -

There is nothing like the bombcast. It's at a whooooooooole other level.

#10 Posted by AssInAss (2741 posts) -

Idle Thumbs.

#11 Posted by Pie (7110 posts) -

Yeah I'm gonna throw my support for Idle thumbs all up in here.

#12 Edited by Seppli (10250 posts) -

http://www.lasertimepodcast.com/

Bunch of pop culture podcasts (General Pop Culture, Videogame Music, Wrestling, Comics, Games etc.), one of which is a games podcast.

http://spill.hollywood.com/

Tons and tons of movie and blu ray reviews in podcast format. Several movie centric podcasts. Game reviews in podcast format. Though it's their movie & general pop culture content where it's at.

I'm quite fond of RadioRadar & The Besties, which are found on GamesRadar, respectively Polygon.

#13 Edited by thebunnyhunter (1481 posts) -

I like listening to the 4playerpodcast, it's as similar to the giantbombcast one can get

#14 Posted by altairre (1280 posts) -

There is nothing like the bombcast. It's at a whooooooooole other level.

Unfortunately that's true (at least for me). I tried out a lot of podcasts and while there are a few other decent to good ones out there (Idle Thumbs, One Player Podcast, Vidjagame Apocalypse, Comedy Button, /filmcast) only the Bombcast manages to hold my attention in that I listen to every episode.

#15 Edited by PillClinton (3295 posts) -

The Joe Rogan Experience in that they don't hold back, curse a lot, and talk about anything (literally anything). My one main gripe is the frequent childish dude-bro dick and pussy and piss and fart joke humor (and Redban, the dim-witted sidekick). If you can get past that, there are some genuinely deep, fantastically analytical, at times bordering on intellectual discussions to be heard, and some great guests from all walks of life.

#16 Posted by Mrsignerman44 (1100 posts) -

@seppli said:

http://spill.hollywood.com/

Tons and tons of movie and blu ray reviews in podcast format. Several movie centric podcasts. Game reviews in podcast format. Though it's their movie & general pop culture content were it's at.

spill.com 4lyfe

#17 Edited by mosespippy (4439 posts) -

The backlog episodes of GFW Radio and 1Up Yours are a good listen if you haven't heard them yet. They are still held in high regard even now, 4 years after they got canceled.

#18 Posted by buft (3320 posts) -

I listen to 8-4 play when im out of bombcast and need a filler and its not bad at all, I dont have the same familiarity with these guys but its a good listen.

#19 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

Dadcast.

#20 Posted by ThePickle (4166 posts) -

Harmontown. It's not related to video games, but has a similar aimless, tangent-y style filled with humor and extended discussions.

#21 Posted by big_jon (5782 posts) -

Tested

#22 Posted by PillClinton (3295 posts) -

@big_jon said:

Tested

But Gary's never there anymooooooore... poo

#23 Edited by gaminghooligan (1479 posts) -

@pillclinton: Joe always has awesome guests on, so I usually listen to it while I run. Redban is kind of annoying though.

So I would say Joe Rogan or if you want video games CAGcast or for a more family friendly one the Game Informer Show is alright.

#24 Edited by Inkerman (1455 posts) -

MBMBAM is definitely worth checking out, it's like 'emails' but on cocaine. Last episode they talked about botched mercy killings of Pokemon you're about to eat, so it's also somewhat game related.

#25 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4881 posts) -

The only podcast that is remotely like the Giant Bombcast is Tell 'em Steve Dave. It's the same atmosphere of good friends sitting around and shooting the shit. It also helps that they're hilarious and regularly bust each others balls over the smallest things.

#26 Edited by JaredA (830 posts) -

Listen to 8-4 Play, it's great!

#27 Posted by SupremeConstant (20 posts) -

not about gaming but the filmjunk podcast from filmjunk.com is about the only other cast i listen to.

#28 Edited by Nardak (580 posts) -

This is probably a sacrilege that I am committing here but my favourite gaming related podcast is actually "weekend confirmed" hosted by Garnett Lee.

Garnett Lee used to host the podcast at 1UP before getting hired by Shacknews. The Giant Bomb podcast tends to sometimes wander off into discussions about food and other non-gaming related stuff which I find a tad boring at times.

This particular podcast has a bit tighter structure and it tends to concentrate on discussing games.

#29 Edited by Harabec (83 posts) -

The Comedy Button. While it is not about video games usually (gaming stuff does mix in), the people on the podcast are all involved with videogames at different sites.

The podcast is a weekly meetup for the guys to tell funny stories and just talk about weird shit happening to them.

Edit: I would recommend Episode 72. Guest Greg Tarascio talks about more Crazy Uncle Joe stories. Honestly haven't laughed so hard in a long time.

#30 Posted by Gamer_152 (14109 posts) -

I've never found anything else that like it, but I have to go with what some other people have said about Idle Thumbs. It's a bunch of guys with a pretty great insight into video games sitting around and having a light-hearted discussion about them. It's well-worth checking out.

#31 Posted by Dylstew (20 posts) -

Thanks for all the reccomandations. Sorry, but I'd rather not listen to a podcast not about games.
I'd do like to listen to a podcast that talks mainly about games, but also about other things sometimes(which bombcast definitely does)

I'm going to try some of the suggestions out the next time I feel like listening to something while playing a game.

#32 Edited by MonetaryDread (2172 posts) -

@mosespippy said:

The backlog episodes of GFW Radio and 1Up Yours are a good listen if you haven't heard them yet. They are still held in high regard even now, 4 years after they got cancelled.

I listened to every GFW again not too long ago, the show holds up.

Unfortunately the gaming podcast world has been gimped since the 1up radio days. The only gaming podcasts that I can tolerate:

• The Bombcast
  • Toucharcade
  • 8-4
  • Pointless (Kevin Pereira's podcast, it covers gaming for about 20% of the podcast, the rest of the time is filled with Kevin Pereira humour)
  • Gamers With Jobs
  • Weekend Confirmed
  • Rebel FM
  • Idle Thumbs
  • Player One Podcast
  • That Video Game Podcast

Of all these podcasts the closest to the bombcast would probably be Toucharcade (hosted by former Giantbomb duder Brad Nicholson), Gamers With Jobs, sometimes Rebel FM, sometimes Weekend Confirmed, TVGP, and Pointless.

Even though you said you have no interest in podcasts that do not focus on gaming you should try out:

• The Joe Rogan Experience
  • Hardcore History
#33 Posted by Grimace (376 posts) -

Before it died, Talkradar was as good as (and sometimes better than) the Bombcast.

Radioradar is awful.

#34 Edited by nosebleed (15 posts) -

If you're into horror movies, Bloody Good Horror puts out a great podcast. They turned me onto the GBC.

#35 Posted by Seedofpower (3949 posts) -

Rebel FM

Pretty much, and they are also pretty informative without going on for long rants.

#36 Edited by DarthOrange (3892 posts) -

@seppli said:

http://www.lasertimepodcast.com/

Bunch of pop culture podcasts (General Pop Culture, Videogame Music, Wrestling, Comics, Games etc.), one of which is a games podcast.

Yup. The whole Laser Time network is great.

#37 Edited by LevelIchi (27 posts) -

Weekend Confirmed. What I like is the personalities and that they stick to gaming.