• 57 results
#1 Edited by Aegon (5748 posts) -

I have no interest in wrestling. Here are my thoughts on it:

• Silly
  • Sweaty
  • Meat-heads
  • Unlikable everyone
  • Really really dumb

I will most likely listen to the powerbombcast.

#2 Edited by Zeik (2651 posts) -

It's funny, I don't care about wrestling either, but I always enjoy hearing them talking about it. It's kind of like Fast and the Furious. I don't care about it, but it's still fun to hear them so enthusiastic about something so dumb.

#3 Posted by Barrock (3551 posts) -

I love this so much.

#4 Posted by XtremePudim (90 posts) -

never watched a single episode of wrestling ever. But I am super excited for this

#5 Posted by cloudymusic (1217 posts) -

Before anyone gets their hopes up, Alex says it's not going to be posted until Monday.

#6 Posted by Aegon (5748 posts) -

@keres said:

Before anyone gets their hopes up, Alex says it's not going to be posted until Monday.

Do you even weight?

#7 Edited by Corwag (122 posts) -

Without Jeff I prob wouldn't give a shit....however with Jeff, there is bound to be some gold in this.

#8 Edited by Hunter5024 (5888 posts) -

There wasn't even a big show recently was there? Last one I remember was Money In The Bank like a month ago.

#9 Posted by Pudge (908 posts) -

I almost jumped out of my seat when I heard that this was going to be a thing on the podcast earlier. As someone who still watches regularly (I'm a glutton for stupidity), it is pretty much the ultimate in terms of my hobbies coming together. And that name! So perfect! I hope they never stop making them.

#10 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

Aww man guess its time to pony up.

#11 Posted by Demoskinos (15082 posts) -

I'm still just entranced by the name of the podcast. They literally could not have found a better name. Its absolutely perfect.

#12 Posted by ShaggE (6622 posts) -

I'm still just entranced by the name of the podcast. They literally could not have found a better name. Its absolutely perfect.

I like to think this was the plan all along.

"Y'know, we're going to end up doing a wrestling podcast at SOME point...let's just do our future selves a solid and call the site Giant Bomb instead of MoreLikeLameAndLynch.com so we can cash in on that sweet powerbomb reference!"

#13 Posted by MightyDuck (1524 posts) -

As somebody who has not watched wrestling since...2003 or so, I'm still pretty excited about this podcast.

#14 Edited by GorillaMoPena (2269 posts) -

Wrestling is real great and dumb guys, you should come over to the dark side and watch it.

But yes this seems like a great mix of guys who watch a lot and people that don't watch it very often. I feel like I never get the opinions of people who occasionally watch WWE. Also a good mix of guys to all make fun of TNA.

Also if you have Hulu+ you should at least watch NXT.

#15 Posted by Pudge (908 posts) -

For anyone who wants to do a small bit of catch-up, or if you're just curious about the state of WWE these days, here's perhaps the best match that they've put on in the last few years. The video does a pretty good job of recapping the story for it, and the ending gels pretty well with someone who watched a lot during those crazy Attitude Era days.

#16 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1492 posts) -

Alex said this was a premium member podcast thingy, right? I remember Alex said he was going to be in a conference call with Triple H, so I hope he brings it up. Also, this is one of the times where I remember I'm a premium member. I never notice until I get an email about them renewing my monthly.

#17 Posted by GorillaMoPena (2269 posts) -

Alex said this was a premium member podcast thingy, right? I remember Alex said he was going to be in a conference call with Triple H, so I hope he brings it up. Also, this is one of the times where I remember I'm a premium member. I never notice until I get an email about them renewing my monthly.

Assuming it was about WWE 2K14, he said the podcast doesn't go up until Monday because of embargo stuff.

#18 Posted by Original_Hank (130 posts) -

I just want to say this is an excellent name for the thread.

#19 Posted by gaminghooligan (1474 posts) -

Ryckert is on it.... I'm there.

#20 Posted by Unequivocable (225 posts) -

Shouldn't it be 'weightitng'?

#21 Posted by BisonHero (6764 posts) -

@hunter5024 said:

There wasn't even a big show recently was there? Last one I remember was Money In The Bank like a month ago.

There's always a big show.

#22 Edited by Pr1mus (3955 posts) -

Wrestling talks on the bombcast are always more interesting than actual wrestling. I'll be listening to this.

#23 Posted by Milkman (17166 posts) -

While I know I'm probably in the minority here, I kind of hope it's not just Jeff shitting on everything the whole time. If he goes on one of his anti-Brock Lesnar rants, I'm going to have to a big, pissy nerd about it and nobody wants that.

#24 Edited by Demoskinos (15082 posts) -

@milkman: I asked them about the levels of snark to actual discussion and Jared said they go off a bit on the commentators but its largely legit discussion.

#25 Posted by Cirdain (3106 posts) -

@aegon: That topic title is fucking poetry!

#26 Edited by Aegon (5748 posts) -

@cirdain said:

@aegon: That topic title is fucking poetry!

Thank you kindly.

#27 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2341 posts) -

When I heard a little while ago they were thinking about doing a wrestling bombcast, I was fucking ecstatic. Now that it will actually come out, I'm happy. Too bad it was recorded already and not right after Summerslam.

#28 Posted by Danteveli (1207 posts) -

I don't care about current state of Wrestling but maybe I will hear something interesting.

#29 Edited by TehBuLL (613 posts) -

Is Sad Claps involved? If so I am out...I just don't know anymore.

#30 Posted by Chaser324 (6712 posts) -

I've been flirting with the idea of getting into wrestling again (haven't regularly followed it since I was in high school), and this is certainly not going to help me resist the temptation.

#31 Posted by ajamafalous (12105 posts) -

@milkman said:

While I know I'm probably in the minority here, I kind of hope it's not just Jeff shitting on everything the whole time.

I think that's how most of us that frequent (or just read, in my case) the wrestling thread probably feel.

#32 Posted by Rick_Fingers (523 posts) -

Thread title made me give my best Bray Wyatt insane grin

#33 Posted by Humanity (9813 posts) -

Been pumping some serious iron in preparation for this Ultimatecast and now my weighting has finally paid off.

#34 Edited by Abendlaender (2861 posts) -

I will listen to almost everything with Dan, Jeff and Alex in it

#35 Posted by Brodehouse (10105 posts) -

I've been flirting with the idea of getting into wrestling again (haven't regularly followed it since I was in high school), and this is certainly not going to help me resist the temptation.

I'm someone who hasn't watched wrestling regularly since 1998, and I've started watching WWE for about the last month. It's kind of alright. There are still some things you're going to want to just fast-forward through.

#36 Posted by rachelepithet (1392 posts) -

@brodehouse: Christ 1998 was a weird time to stop watch wrestling. You must've been a WCW guy who got sick of the aftermath of Sting not really saving WCW and ending Hogan's era. WCW in Jan. 1st 1998 was on top of the world, like double ratings of WWF, by Jan. 1 99, Foley wins the belt, Goldberg's streak ends, WCW never recovers.

WWF was really boring in 1995-97, but came alive for 1998-2002.

#37 Posted by ThePickle (4188 posts) -

I was hoping that by "special guests" they meant @turboman

#38 Posted by csl316 (9217 posts) -

I loved wrestling in the 90's. I will listen... and hopefully not shake my head in shame when they talk about modern business.

#39 Posted by Grimmy616 (410 posts) -

Expecting a lot of "WRESTLING SUCKS NOW" talk from Jeff, even when wrestling isnt that bad now. Its actually pretty sweet.

#40 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5892 posts) -

It's weird. I couldn't give two shits about wrestling, but I love hearing about it. Real excited about this.

#41 Posted by kayeyeeff (22 posts) -

I'm hype as hell for this. I wonder which poor sap got stuck with having to watch TNA.

#42 Posted by GorillaMoPena (2269 posts) -

Expecting a lot of "WRESTLING SUCKS NOW" talk from Jeff, even when wrestling isnt that bad now. Its actually pretty sweet.

I'd say it is mostly better than ever actually.

#43 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -
#44 Posted by PillClinton (3292 posts) -

good title

#45 Posted by mtcantor (948 posts) -

I need this.

#46 Posted by FLStyle (4834 posts) -

Should be good, looking forward to it.

#47 Posted by Brodehouse (10105 posts) -

@brodehouse: Christ 1998 was a weird time to stop watch wrestling. You must've been a WCW guy who got sick of the aftermath of Sting not really saving WCW and ending Hogan's era. WCW in Jan. 1st 1998 was on top of the world, like double ratings of WWF, by Jan. 1 99, Foley wins the belt, Goldberg's streak ends, WCW never recovers.

WWF was really boring in 1995-97, but came alive for 1998-2002.

1999 is more accurate, when I think about it. I stopped watching WCW after the Arquette nonsense, and I stopped watching WWF after Bret and Shawn disappeared. Even as a kid, I didn't mark out for Steve Austin or The Rock, and I've never thought HHH was anything more than average, so seeing them as top company guys just didn't work for me. There wasn't even anything in the midcard I could get behind, even as a 13 year old I was finding WWF to be juvenile.

For the last few years I would occasionally read the TV Tropes for wrestlers to see what was happening now, but I wouldn't watch the shows because they were all reality tv backstage drama bullshit. I just want to see wrestling. OSW Review connected me back to the Rock n Wrestling and New Generation eras, and just talking to other wrestling fans on VGCW has got me back into the modern era.

#48 Edited by I_Stay_Puft (3675 posts) -

I haven't followed wrestling consistently since maybe 2003. I am however intrigued when people start talking shit about TNA wrestling, its basically the same shit as when WCW went down right?

Please give us your real thoughts on TNA.

#49 Edited by JoeyRavn (5002 posts) -

Shouldn't it be 'weightitng'?

Yes, and it's bothering me so much that it actually isn't like that on the title. Too bad, because the pun was pretty good :(

#50 Posted by Aegon (5748 posts) -