• 157 results
Posted by selfconfessedcynic (2586 posts) 1 year, 2 months ago

Poll: Premium Members! Bombcast: With Ads or Ad-free? (970 votes)

With Ads 34%
Ad-Free 12%
Jeff's Radio-DJ voice is awesome 53%
Other 2%

Which flavour of Bombcast do you most enjoy!?

So a line has been drawn in the sand! For those who don't know, premium members are getting an ad-free version of the bombcast in their premium podcast feeds (continuing the site's standing commitment to no ads for premium members). I think it's a nice gesture and am happy the option is there.

However, I personally fucking love the delivery and method of ads in this week's bombcast, and honestly squarespace aint bad so I prefer the with-ads flavour. (although, if the ads start getting bad and/or lame, I'll switch over)

How about you!?

#151 Edited by DonMFJohnson (153 posts) -

With ads, Vinny's baby needs new shoes.

#152 Posted by CatsAkimbo (641 posts) -

I'll always prefer supporting them directly with subscriptions than going through a 3rd part to indirectly get them money, so no ads for me. If they offered other ways to help them out, like raising the price of subscriptions, or offering a premium+ subscription with a cheap trinket, or inflated store prices (do they make much/any off the store?) I'd be happy to go that route, but I'll always avoid ads if I can (at least if I can without ad blocker).

#153 Posted by Tesla (1938 posts) -

Ads all day son. I love it when podcasters have a little fun reading copy and not taking it too seriously. Scott Aukerman is the king of this but Jeff and Vinny do it right too.

#154 Posted by Lunnington (212 posts) -

They make those ads pretty hilarious and I'd actually be sad if they were gone, so with ads.

#155 Posted by alwaysbebombing (1627 posts) -

I love the ads, just saying.

#156 Posted by Nightriff (5238 posts) -

With Ads because I keep all the Bombcast and I didn't want to split the Bombcasts into to separate podcasts. And I like the ads they are funny so I really don't mind all too much.

#157 Posted by dudeglove (8141 posts) -

I'M STILL WAITING ON MY FUCKING VINN CO. DELIVERY. CARAVELLA RIPPED ME OFF.

#158 Edited by jamesyfx (69 posts) -

I prefer it with the ads, they're always a joy to listen to.. even if I don't have a clue what they're advertising.

#159 Posted by Twisted (236 posts) -

I have always found the ads entertaining. As long as they keep doing them the way they do them then I'll continue to actually enjoy advertising. Plus, doing the ads doesn't actually take time out of the podcast, because the podcast has no set length, so it only ever adds an extra minute to the start of the show. They also don't break a conversation to do the ad reading so IMO, there is no negative about it.

Quick question: I use a podcast app on my phone (WP8, app is iPodcast), does it count as a download for GB when I download it through this app. Do they get the money from it? Anybody know how that works?

#160 Posted by Reisz (1522 posts) -

Ads all day long.

#161 Posted by Atwa (627 posts) -

My premium just lapsed but I love the ads.

#162 Edited by StrainedEyes (1328 posts) -

Ads, it's just them goofing off for 30 seconds while Jeff tries to read all of it.

#163 Posted by Yesiamaduck (1180 posts) -

I see the ads as an addition to the content, and they're often the funniest part of the podcast... anyone choosing to miss them are missing out.

#164 Posted by MasterWGS (42 posts) -

Jeff and Vinny have been hilarious with the ads every week they've done them. Having been a premium subscriber for years, I have no plans on changing podcast feeds.

#165 Posted by burgavo (348 posts) -

The ads are pretty entertaining to listen to so I'm not that bothered, I just wonder if the advertisers know what they are getting into, and If these ads actually have any effect on generating new customers.