Premium membership let's You play Competetive multiplayer.

Petruccio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Petruccio
Petruccio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Petruccio

It is especially stupid when You have to have Gold membership to play Co-Op in games like Gears or RE5. Where You play Co-Op with AI. 

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By mike
@Petruccio: Xbox Live Gold enables multiplayer. Not "competitive multiplayer."
NinjaCupCaiks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By NinjaCupCaiks

Yeah Gold means the use of ANY multiplayer . You sound kinda cheap lol .

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By rjayb89

Xbox Live Gold Membership - Leaderboards, Online Multiplayer for ~$4 a month.

Petruccio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Petruccio

I probably sound wromg. But I meant that Co-Op should be apart from Gold subscription because it has less load on servers. In most cases it is story experience that let's replace AI.

Avatar image for supersecretagenda
SuperSecretAgenda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SuperSecretAgenda
@Petruccio: Doesn't work that way. You use online, you pay for online. Doesn't matter how much online you use. I could pay for a month and only play five minutes. Chances are I take up less of a load on their servers than you and your friends playing co-op. But I still have to pay.
Petruccio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Petruccio
@SuperSecretAgenda: That is why I believe in ONLIVE. And it is nice that PSN is free. 
I enjoy xbox 360 and for that time xbox live is better. But nature of my job doesn't give me access to internet that much. 2/3 of the year my consoles are not connected. 
So if You use code for 1 month it's fine. But it is pain in the middle of Your body on the back to stop them charging Your credit card. 
There are many people online who are connected, but do not have gold account. And it is hard to find companion for Co-Op after some time. People mostly play competetive stuff. Except Horde. 
I mean making online Co-Op free would make it much more popular.
SuperSecretAgenda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SuperSecretAgenda
@Petruccio said:

" @SuperSecretAgenda: That is why I believe in ONLIVE. And it is nice that PSN is free. I enjoy xbox 360 and for that time xbox live is better. But nature of my job doesn't give me access to internet that much. 2/3 of the year my consoles are not connected. So if You use code for 1 month it's fine. But it is pain in the middle of Your body on the back to stop them charging Your credit card. There are many people online who are connected, but do not have gold account. And it is hard to find companion for Co-Op after some time. People mostly play competetive stuff. Except Horde. I mean making online Co-Op free would make it much more popular. "

Unfortunately, Microsoft markets their things in a different way than PSN does. I personally love PSN for being free, and it's just as good as XBL. Unfortunately, Micro$oft has been doing monthly fees for Xbox live and has profited from it. They most likely want  to grab every single dollar they can get from you. For them to give us something free would be out of character.
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
@Petruccio said:
" I probably sound wromg. But I meant that Co-Op should be apart from Gold subscription because it has less load on servers. In most cases it is story experience that let's replace AI. "
Co-op & Competitive multiplayer have pretty much the same impact on Live servers - which is next to none. The actual game is played via peer to peer connections. All the live server does is the matchmaking & other similar things that aren't very bandwidth intensive.
Mr_Bubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mr_Bubbles

What? Is this badly worded or am I just really confused? 

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hitchenson
@SuperSecretAgenda said:
" Micro$oft "  
Are you 11 or something?
SuperSecretAgenda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Hitchenson said:

" @SuperSecretAgenda said:

" Micro$oft "  
Are you 11 or something? "
Out of my entire post, you point out a single joke. What, are you 10 or something? 
Are you 9 or something? 
you 8 or 

-1! 
Are you unborn or something?
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#14  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator  Online

The Bombcast has competitive mutliplayer now? Hot damn! I better finish up unlocking all the grenade launchers for my level 18 Vinny.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By jkz
@SuperSecretAgenda said:
" @Hitchenson said:

" Micro$oft "  
Out of my entire post, you point out a single joke. What, are you 10 or something? Are you 9 or something? you 8 or 6 4 2 0 -1! Are you unborn or something? "
Are you 11 or something?
Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By Coombs
@rjayb89 said:
" Xbox Live Gold Membership - Leaderboards, Online Multiplayer for ~$4 a month. "
LESS THAN $5 A MONTH
HOW FUCKING CHEAP ARE YOU PEOPLE?????

There are so many of these, XBL prices are bullshit threads,
STFU,   It's not outrageous.
You are either 
  1. One of the cheapest bastards on the planet
  2. a 12 year old who's parents wont let him use their credit cards
Either way STFU,  It's LESS THAN $5 A MONTH
Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Hitchenson
@SuperSecretAgenda said:
" @Hitchenson said:

" Micro$oft "  
Out of my entire post, you point out a single joke. What, are you 10 or something? Are you 9 or something? you 8 or 6 4 2 0 -1! Are youunborn or something? "
Don't be ridiculous. Like I'd be able to operate a PC if I was unborn. 
SuperSecretAgenda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jukezypoo said:
" @Hitchenson said:

" Micro$oft "  
Out of my entire post, you point out a single joke. What, are you 10 or something? Are you 9 or something? you 8 or 6 4 2 0 -1! Are you unborn or something? "
Are you 11 or something? 
Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19  Edited By Tylea002
@SuperSecretAgenda said:
" @jukezypoo said:
" @Hitchenson said:

" Micro$oft "  
Are you 11 or something?  "
This argument will quickly descend into "sos your face" territory. I see it going that way.
Zajtalan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Zajtalan

this thread is stupid

nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By nanikore
@Tylea002 said:
" @jukezypoo said:
" @Hitchenson said:

" Micro$oft "  
Are you 11 or something?  "
This argument will quickly descend into "sos your face" territory. I see it going that way. "
sos ur face 
HockeyJohnston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By HockeyJohnston
@Coombs said:
" @rjayb89 said:
" Xbox Live Gold Membership - Leaderboards, Online Multiplayer for ~$4 a month. "
LESS THAN $5 A MONTH

So I owe them a free 60$ game every year I play, huh? Just compare XBL to PS3 or PC but imagine that, at the instant where you're buying a year or two of Live, you get extra games with that money. 

All, so, what -- you can pretend that 360 players are 'the best in the world at games' when there are zillions of PS3 and PC players who pay nothing to connect with each other? What's the point of  a leaderboard when it can't even talk to the other platforms a game is released on?
StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#23  Edited By StarFoxA
@HockeyJohnston said:
" @Coombs said:
" @rjayb89 said:
LESS THAN $5 A MONTH
 So I owe them a free 60$ game every year I play, huh? Just compare XBL to PS3 or PC but imagine that, at the instant where you're buying a year or two of Live, you get extra games with that money.  All, so, what -- you can pretend that 360 players are 'the best in the world at games' when there are zillions of PS3 and PC players who pay nothing to connect with each other? What's the point of  a leaderboard when it can't even talk to the other platforms a game is released on? "
If you're paying $60 for Live every year, you're not trying hard enough. You can easily find deals for $30 or less for an entire 12 months (sometimes +1 extra month). That's less than $3 a month, and if that's not worth it to you, then just don't buy it. Microsoft chooses to charge users for their servers, and they have every right to. You're not entitled to receive anything for free from them. They're providing a product.
Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By Coombs
@HockeyJohnston said:
" @Coombs said:
" @rjayb89 said:
LESS THAN $5 A MONTH
 So I owe them a free 60$ game every year I play, huh? Just compare XBL to PS3 or PC but imagine that, at the instant where you're buying a year or two of Live, you get extra games with that money.  All, so, what -- you can pretend that 360 players are 'the best in the world at games' when there are zillions of PS3 and PC players who pay nothing to connect with each other? What's the point of  a leaderboard when it can't even talk to the other platforms a game is released on? "
Well, First way to find a 3 week old thread..... 

Second, Who said anything about XBL players being 'the best in the world at games'?
All you did was prove my point that you truly are a cheap bastard. 
It's $4 a month, And nobody is forcing you to pay it.
HockeyJohnston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By HockeyJohnston
@StarFoxA said:
" @HockeyJohnston said:
" @Coombs said:
" @rjayb89 said:
LESS THAN $5 A MONTH
If you're paying $60 for Live every year, you're not trying hard enough. You can easily find deals for $30 or less for an entire 12 months (sometimes +1 extra month). That's less than $3 a month, and if that's not worth it to you, then just don't buy it. Microsoft chooses to charge users for their servers, and they have every right to. You're not entitled to receive anything for free from them. They're providing a product. "

So you're saying 'don't pay retail'. 

LOL. End of discussion, I guess.
Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#26  Edited By Jayross

Games like Modern Warfare 2 uses P2P, its not like microsoft is running servers for you to play it. When you pay for GOLD you pay for... uh... leaderboards? Yeah, I'm not really sure..