Premium Podcast RSS feed not working in my media player

TopCat88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By TopCat88

*** I wasn't sure whether to put this in Bombcast or Bug Reporting, I'm not sure its a bug and probably user error on my part, I tried searching for a similar thread, move if necessary. Apologies if I give you extra work***

I've been struggling to get the premium podcast feed to work with my media player for a while now. This hasn't been a problem as I like listening to the vanilla podcast but I'd like to get Alt-F1 working seamlessly.

Every other podcast feed I use works fine, but when I add the premium RSS feed to my media player it won't find it. I assume it is something to do with authenticating my login details with the site to ensure only members can access it.

I imagine there is a simple fix for this, but my knowledge of RSS is borderline non-existent. If anyone has a solution or can tell me a better way to get podcasts, please let me know. I use Music Bee media player.

No Caption Provided

Thanks in advance duders.

EDIT: Feel free to talk shit about my music library! :P

Vahleticar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This works for me, albeit on my phone

http://username:password@www.giantbomb.com/podcast-xml/premium/

username and password being YOUR username and password. Hope it works, it should

Matoyak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I, too, would love to find a way to get the premium podcasts onto my Music Bee player. I did try Vahleticar's suggestion (using both my username and my email as my username), but to no avail.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By fattony12000

username and password being YOUR username and password. Hope it works, it should

Yaaay! Thank you! This is the first time since they started doing premium podcasts that I've actually been able to access them in my iOS podcast app of choice. Those instructions weren't made clear anywhere!

No Caption Provided

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

Wow, I didn't know you could do this. Cool. Worked with Pocket Casts app.

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

This works great for using the premium video RSS feeds in VLC to, fast and convenient way to stream those videos.

To bad the feeds doesn't reach all the way back...