#1 Posted by SensuousLettuce (107 posts) -

I love the Bombcast every week. EVERY. WEEK.
 
Also, Ryan Davis is in the top four of my favorite bombcast regulars.  He does a great job running the show and  has very well thought out commentary on nearly every topic. His laugh warms me to my insides, and I even like the whisper emphasis...or liked it. Now it's everywhere and the other dudes on the cast are starting to adopt it.
 
Mr. Davis, please continue to use the whisper for emphasis in appropriate  (and often humorous) situations.  It's like the finest Columbian flake.  It's wonderful in small doses, but too much causes brain hemorrhages, hallucinations and hooking up with unlovely ladies.

#2 Edited by AncientMecha (103 posts) -
@SensuousLettuce said:

Also, Ryan Davis is in the top four of my favorite bombcast regulars.  

I mean, there are five Bombcast regulars. Just putting that out there.
#3 Posted by Cirdain (3089 posts) -
@AncientMecha said:
@SensuousLettuce said:

Also, Ryan Davis is in the top four of my favorite bombcast regulars.  

I mean, there are five Bombcast regulars. Just putting that out there.
Yeah, a bit harsh on Vinny, dont you think?
#4 Posted by m0nk3y80y (181 posts) -

I love the four man Bombcast (Ryan, Jeff, Brad and Vinny), but I could do will more Klepek. And although I have spoken out against Ryan's podcast tyranny before, he is my favorite podcast host ever.

#5 Posted by n0ne (50 posts) -

What is this monkey junk?

#6 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

irregardless, swhord, robits

#7 Posted by ajamafalous (11997 posts) -

Ryan is my least favorite member of the podcast, by far.

#8 Posted by Positrark (316 posts) -

The views to posts ratio in this topic is just awesome. Apparently everyone though the headline was interesting, and was severly dissapointed in such a way that they did not feel like commenting.

#9 Posted by JeanLuc (3584 posts) -

The Whisper for Emphasis Technique was perfected by Christopher Walken and Jeff Goldblum long before Ryan. 

#10 Posted by IBurningStar (2173 posts) -
@Dany said:

irregardless, swhord, robits

My thoughts exactly.
#11 Posted by wickedsc3 (1046 posts) -

@ajamafalous said:

Ryan is my least favorite member of the podcast, by far.

Mine too.

#12 Posted by Barrock (3533 posts) -

@ajamafalous said:

Ryan is my least favorite member of the podcast, by far.

I think he just rubs people the wrong way sometimes. Seems a bit... abrasive.

#13 Posted by Mikemcn (6988 posts) -

@wickedsc3 said:

@ajamafalous said:

Ryan is my least favorite member of the podcast, by far.

Mine too.

He sometimes takes things a bit too far. But even as the worst Bombcaster of the 4, Hes still damn good.

#14 Posted by zyn (2591 posts) -
  
Ryan Davis... FOR PRESIDENT!
#15 Posted by wickedsc3 (1046 posts) -

@Mikemcn said:

@wickedsc3 said:

@ajamafalous said:

Ryan is my least favorite member of the podcast, by far.

Mine too.

He sometimes takes things a bit too far. But even as the worst Bombcaster of the 4, Hes still damn good.

For sure, he is a really good host.

#16 Posted by VisariLoyalist (2993 posts) -

god damnit...

#17 Posted by VirtuaXav (450 posts) -

Yea, to be in your top 4 of the bombcast regulars is hardly saying anything at all.

I do totally love the whisper for emphasis, Ryan's a funny dude. But I'd say Vinny and Jeff are my favourites, they're just funny dudes.

#18 Posted by TheUnsavedHero (1255 posts) -

Tied for 1st- Vinny/Jeff, 2nd Ryan, 3rd Brad.

#19 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

Ryan is the greatest and it isn't even a contest!

#20 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5008 posts) -
@ajamafalous said:

Ryan is my least favorite member of the podcast, by far.

This.
#21 Posted by chrissedoff (2108 posts) -

ryan is hilarious. one side, haters

#22 Posted by TheLastNeo (441 posts) -

Im not gonna lie, I've found myself doing that in conversations with people.. , the whisper technique that is... 
 
lame, I know.. but some of the shit they do is contagious... 
 
another example is the use of the word "BOOM" .. also highly effective.

#23 Posted by YoungFrey (1321 posts) -

I'm not going to rate or pick my favorites amongst the core 4 hosts.  But Ryan is clearly the best MC of the entire Whiskey Media family.  He's also a certified Renissance Nerd® being able to drop into any of the site's other podcasts without a hitch.     
#24 Posted by Landru (47 posts) -

Paid members of the site who don't care for RYAN EFFING DAVIS?!? If you don't like Ryan Davis, you don't like the Bombcast.

I can't believe what I'm seeing here. People saying he's their least favourite of the 4, people who say he "goes too far" (?). These comments seem kind of uncalled for. Over the years these guys have struck a perfect balance, like the 4 elements of nature:

FIRE: JEFF because he's witty and bitter and full of hot sauce.

EARTH: BRAD because he's low-key, downbeat and serious and solid.

AIR: VINNY Because he's philosophical and floats above the games he plays.

WATER: RYAN Because he is the cooling lubricant that allows all the parts to intermingle.

Don't ever change Bombcast, maintain that status quo forever!

#25 Posted by YoungFrey (1321 posts) -
@Landru said:

Paid members of the site who don't care for RYAN EFFING DAVIS?!? If you don't like Ryan Davis, you don't like the Bombcast.

I can't believe what I'm seeing here. People saying he's their least favourite of the 4, people who say he "goes too far" (?). These comments seem kind of uncalled for. Over the years these guys have struck a perfect balance, like the 4 elements of nature:

FIRE: JEFF because he's witty and bitter and full of hot sauce.

EARTH: BRAD because he's low-key, downbeat and serious and solid.

AIR: VINNY Because he's philosophical and floats above the games he plays.

WATER: RYAN Because he is the cooling lubricant that allows all the parts to intermingle.

Don't ever change Bombcast, maintain that status quo forever!


I view the crew as a family. If I had one modicum of talent at drawing, I'd have made a portrait years ago. 
 
Dad: Ryan - He takes care of business.  Makes the hard decisions for the good of everyone.  Sure talking about episodes of G.I. Joe is fun, but somebody has to be the bad guy and cut them off.  
Mom: Brad - Tired and quiet from all the work he does behind the scenes. 
Teenager: Jeff - Surly and rebelious he revels in being contrary to things everyone loves. 
Tween: Vinny - Energetic and naive he hasn't been ground down by the system yet and still has enthusiasm for things many people have become cynical about.  He also lacks much self-consoring of his thoughts. 
#26 Posted by Red12b (9084 posts) -

fuck your shit, 
Your shit's fucked