#1 Posted by Imensae (142 posts) -

Was wondering if anyone has the link to the slow cooked pork shoulder recipe Brad was talking about. It did have a name but I couldn't really make it out.

#2 Posted by GiantLizardKing (530 posts) -

Wasn't that Drew and wasn't it carnitas? I've made this one before and it was delicious.

#3 Edited by OldGuy (1572 posts) -

Carnitas (and, actually, it was Drew who made it)...

Here's one (there are lots) from Food Network that's pretty good.

#4 Posted by OldGuy (1572 posts) -

@giantlizardking: Heh. Beat me by 6 seconds (and even pointed to the same recipe!

#5 Posted by GiantLizardKing (530 posts) -

@oldguy said:

@giantlizardking: Heh. Beat me by 6 seconds (and even pointed to the same recipe!

Yeah, I really don't like to waste a lot of time when it comes to all things pork. It's serious business. I was quite disappointed by Brad ,being a native of North Cackalacky, not knowing what cut of meat that Carnitas were. I know it's not a southern preparation but man from a respected BBQ state should recognize pork butt when he tastes it!

#6 Posted by OldGuy (1572 posts) -

@oldguy said:

Yeah, I really don't like to waste a lot of time when it comes to all things pork. It's serious business. I was quite disappointed by Brad ,being a native of North Cackalacky, not knowing what cut of meat that Carnitas were. I know it's not a southern preparation but man from a respected BBQ state should recognize pork butt when he tastes it!

With you there -- as a matter of fact I had a plate of the last of the weekend smoking session of pulled pork with vinegar sauce (eastern NC style), mac and cheese, collards and slaw last night...

#7 Posted by GiantLizardKing (530 posts) -

@oldguy said:

@giantlizardking said:

@oldguy said:

With you there -- as a matter of fact I had a plate of the last of the weekend smoking session of pulled pork with vinegar sauce (eastern NC style), mac and cheese, collards and slaw last night...

Nice! I smoked a brisket last weekend myself. Good to see some of my fellow duders are also my BBQ brethren.