Request: GOTY Podcasts happen the week of XMas

Fitzgerald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

When I heard Jeff on the Beastcast say that the GOTY stuff would go out "the week after Christmas" I was super-bummed. Like a lot of married men/women that listen to the podcast, I'm travelling to the in-laws for the XMas Weekend. It would've been *real* nice if I had GOTY podcasts to hold me over during the 3 hour flights and when I don't feel like chatting with my Trump-supporter brother-in-law.

I know it's too late because of production schedules, vacation PTO, etc for this year... but next year can they be released on the week that XMas happens rather than the week after? For us travelling listeners? Please?

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Hasn't it always been that way?

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

It has always been like this. They release the GOTY podcasts during the last 5 days of the year.

pkmnfrk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By pkmnfrk

According to my calendar, December 25 is a Sunday, which by coincidence is the first day of the week in which the GOTY podcasts are being released. So, wish granted!

*monkey paw finger curls up*

Fitzgerald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pkmnfrk:

Nah man, I mean the week before.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

You want the podcasts to come out a week before most people have any time off so that it fits your personal vacation schedule better?

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They post it then because that's when they're out of the office for the holidays. Just save the Bomb/Beastcast for later in the week or something if you're that desperate.

Fitzgerald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teddie said:

They post it then because that's when they're out of the office for the holidays. Just save the Bomb/Beastcast for later in the week or something if you're that desperate.

You're missing the point. I said in OP that I understand it's too late this year to change anything. I'm asking if next year they could come out a week earlier.

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teddie said:

You're missing the point. I said in OP that I understand it's too late this year to change anything. I'm asking if next year they could come out a week earlier.

It would probably make as little sense next year because the only reason they come out on the week they do is because there would be no other content on that week since everyone is on holiday.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

If you don't have other podcasts to listen to, you can always get ahold of your library and see if your state has digital audiobooks you can download on your device instead. MontanaLibrary2Go has been a lifesaver for my perpetual boredom during my walks this year. I think every state has an equivalent and they're usually well stocked on relatively recent things to listen to.

None_Braver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They'll need a better reason and more complainers before they'll change a huge part of the years productions.

Black_Turtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This makes no sense. A minority of people travel before Christmas, but the overwhelming majority of people have time off between Christmas and New Years (either vacation time or just the stat holidays), including the people making the content.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Solution: Hold off on listening to this year's GOTY podcasts until next year, right before Christmas.